Radio Lockout? "SEC" - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Toyota / Scion Discussion

Old 05-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
raheds
CSS newbie

raheds is on a distinguished road
Radio Lockout? "SEC"
Hey guys. I switched batteries in my Supra and I got the "SEC" flash on the radio. I contacted the previous owner of the car but he never had to enter the code and hence forgot what it was. Toyota will charge me $45 to unlock it but I thought the master code must be out there somewhere. I got the code off the radio and found the Master 6 digit Unlock code for my radio! My owners manual says to use Tune Up and #1 for the first set of numbers (which I put in) but to get the second set of numbers up its supposed to be Tune Down and #1 which I can't get to come up so I can enter in the 6 digit code to unlock the radio. For some reason I can't get the second "---" to come up. Anyone have had any experience with this??

1995 Toyota Supra TT
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Trails Team Edition (Daily)
2007 Toyota Hybrid Highlander (Wife's)
www.whodeyrevolution.com
www.supraforums.com
raheds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Hot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hot Rod
Do a search on google or supra forums or something. I'm fairly certain there's a solution you can do yourself just as the GM head units have where you get a code from the unit, call a number, give a dealership code, and shazam you have your lock out key.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
raheds
CSS newbie

Ya, i found the code but for some reason I can't get the sequence to work that is stated in the owners manual to put in the 6 digits.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:54 AM   #4
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Hot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to behold
Not sure what you mean you mean but I'll reiterate in hopes to get clarification on one of our parts. Gonna go out on a limb and say its similar to GM head units since its sounds the same. But if you're getting a 6 digit code from the unit and its locked (SEC) you need to write those 6 down, call them in with dealership authentication and give those numbers and in turn you'll get the actual key to unlock the system. Again, if its like GM its a 4 digit key. How you enter the key and such is beyond me.
Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
raheds
CSS newbie

ya sorry hot rod for the miss communication. I researched my radio code and found the Manufacture 6 digit unlock code that the dealer would get if they called. My area of fault is trying to input those 6 numbers in the radio following the manuals directions. For some reason I cant get the 2nd set of 3 numbers to come up to "---" so I can enter in the last 3 digits and unlock the radio. You only get 10 tries before the master lock shuts down the entire radio system and then you have to go to a dealer to get it straightened out. bah.. lol !
Old 06-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Yeah I totally forget how GM's do it. I'll prolly have to do mine again if I ever decide to do something with my POS but you had to hold in 1 and 3 I think to get 1 set then hit AM/FM or some shit to get the 2nd numbers. I'm sure someone on the supra forums will be able to tell you or hell if its like GM it'll be the same across most platforms and the process will be the same for your car as a celica or some shit.
Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote