celica swap - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Toyota / Scion Discussion

Old 10-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #21
superslors
Ask your wife

superslors is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by najanaja View Post
But you know what? This is a thread about celicas. You're all talking about celicas and that means you've come THIS much closer to having a vagina. Buncha fuckin girls. Now get in the kitchen and make me a pie.
superslors is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #22
boosted17

boosted17 will become famous soon enoughboosted17 will become famous soon enoughboosted17 will become famous soon enough
"You say you like that gen of celicas way more than the supra wannabe (i would assume that's the 6th gen celicas), and you're talking about the all-trac. Maybe you're mistaking 6th gen for 5th gen. 5th gen celicas came as ST, GT, GT-S and All-Trac in the US. Difference between the GT and GT-S was the width of the car (meaner stance, perhaps?). Same engine, though. All-Trac was AWD and turbo of course. 94-99 celicas only came as ST and GT in the US. GT-Fours were sold overseas.

Pretty sure I've got those facts straight, correct me if I'm wrong"

That sounds right to me.
boosted17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #23
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

ItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by najanaja
"You say you like that gen of celicas way more than the supra wannabe (i would assume that's the 6th gen celicas), and you're talking about the all-trac. Maybe you're mistaking 6th gen for 5th gen. 5th gen celicas came as ST, GT, GT-S and All-Trac in the US. Difference between the GT and GT-S was the width of the car (meaner stance, perhaps?). Same engine, though. All-Trac was AWD and turbo of course. 94-99 celicas only came as ST and GT in the US. GT-Fours were sold overseas.

Pretty sure I've got those facts straight, correct me if I'm wrong"

That sounds right to me.
fixed.
you know there's a quote button right?

and yeah sarah you're right.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #24
boosted17

boosted17 will become famous soon enoughboosted17 will become famous soon enoughboosted17 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianDave View Post
fixed.
you know there's a quote button right?

and yeah sarah you're right.
Yeah I do.
boosted17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #25
Turbo Supra
loljonmechley

Turbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really nice
Quote:

But you know what? This is a thread about celicas. You're all talking about celicas and that means you've come THIS much closer to having a vagina. Buncha fuckin girls. Now get in the kitchen and make me a pie.
I didnt think you were a complete moron up until I read this. I'm not one to hate, but until you run a GT4 or a 3sgte/3sfte i will assume your a complete moron.

Buncha fuckin girls? In the end you still drive an accord. Don't hate
Old 10-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #26
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

ItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Supra View Post
I didnt think you were a complete moron up until I read this. I'm not one to hate, but until you run a GT4 or a 3sgte/3sfte i will assume your a complete moron.

uhm.. what? 3sfte? you mean.. 5sfte? and 5sfte's suck ass and only one person has ever gotten one to work for an extended period of time. Anything you said in this post is now invalid. and sara is def not a moron. celica's are chick cars. always have been always will be. a GT4 is just a turbo'd awd chick car.
ItalianDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #27
najanaja
C.K.S.

najanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to najanaja
Quote:

Woah there, get your panties out of a wad. I like the 6th gen celicas. I used to have one. Lighten the fuck up, ya fuckin pansy.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #28
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

Quote:
Woah there, get your panties out of a wad. I like the 6th gen celicas. I used to have one. Lighten the fuck up, ya fuckin pansy.
kick his ass sara.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #29
najanaja
C.K.S.

najanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to allnajanaja is a name known to all
Quote:
uhm.. what? 3sfte?
He probably meant 3S-FE? Do people put turbos on 3S-FEs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_S_engine#3S-FE
najanaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #30
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

Quote:
yeah i thought about that as an option but i doubt he has any idea about that motor.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #31
najanaja
C.K.S.

Quote:
yeah i thought about that as an option but i doubt he has any idea about that motor.
Why would you think that? Just cause he's uptight doesn't mean he doesn't know anything.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #32
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

Quote:
Why would you think that? Just cause he's uptight doesn't mean he doesn't know anything.
other things that have been said in other threads combined with here. it just seems common sense is a bit out of reach
Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #33
Turbo Supra
loljonmechley

Turbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really nice
I didnt mean to come off as an ass. Just thought it was pretty narrow thinking. You laid down some hate, and i hated back. Sorry, i guess.

I dont know anything about motors? My credentials prove you wrong. Im a supermod on ToyotaNation and ToyotaTuners. I was on a build team for a drag tC.

5sfte is complete shit, you are correct. Why is this? the head. The head simply does not flow. However, the 5s bottom end (fe) is one of the strongest Toyota has ever built, and this is a less known fact. And way more people than just one have a successful running 5sfte. I know 4 off hand. They just dont make the power.. i've seen 210whp at the most.

And as for the 3sfte, its a hybrid. They take the 3s head, and combine it with the 5s bottom end. In fact, its the current setup on Rod Millen's rally GT4. Its been proven on many cars. Want proof send me a pm? i'd be glad to cite my sources.

Quote:
other things that have been said in other threads combined with here. it just seems common sense is a bit out of reach
whoa, suprise to me. Like what?

Last edited by Turbo Supra; 10-07-2008 at 06:55 PM..
Turbo Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #34
najanaja
C.K.S.

Quote:
And as for the 3sfte, its a hybrid. They take the 3s head, and combine it with the 5s bottom end.
Oh, I thought maybe you were referring to the 3SFE with a turbo slapped on it.

BTW - I am a chick, who has owned 2 6th gen celicas... I mean you can't take the "you're all a bunch of girls" insult seriously after knowing that.

I was just kiddin', cause I like making fun of guys that are more girly than me. Good to see there's someone sticking up for these cars. I know you were just defending it. :)
Old 10-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #35
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

Quote:
I didnt mean to come off as an ass. Just thought it was pretty narrow thinking. You laid down some hate, and i hated back. Sorry, i guess.

I dont know anything about motors? My credentials prove you wrong. Im a supermod on ToyotaNation and ToyotaTuners. I was on a build team for a drag tC.

5sfte is complete shit, you are correct. Why is this? the head. The head simply does not flow. However, the 5s bottom end (fe) is one of the strongest Toyota has ever built, and this is a less known fact. And way more people than just one have a successful running 5sfte. I know 4 off hand. They just dont make the power.. i've seen 210whp at the most.

And as for the 3sfte, its a hybrid. They take the 3s head, and combine it with the 5s bottom end. In fact, its the current setup on Rod Millen's rally GT4. Its been proven on many cars. Want proof send me a pm? i'd be glad to cite my sources.

whoa, suprise to me. Like what?
very nice credentials. i retract some previous statements however in notbob's build thread your common sense was VERY lacking.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #36
Turbo Supra
loljonmechley

I just skimmed through it. Now im the one with the panties in the bunch.. Lack of common sense, or hard at work at the day job. You decide.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:20 AM   #37
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

Quote:
I just skimmed through it. Now im the one with the panties in the bunch.. Lack of common sense, or hard at work at the day job. You decide.
hmmm... lack of common sense.

in that thread. it will be lack of common sense.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 AM   #38
thatSchusterguy
n00b

thatSchusterguy will become famous soon enoughthatSchusterguy will become famous soon enoughthatSchusterguy will become famous soon enough
A 5sfte has potential...just not when you start throwing stupid at it

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?...ighlight=5sfte

I know you have to register but its a 6g celica making 285/299 from an ebay turbo
thatSchusterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:44 AM   #39
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to srt21
Quote:
uhm.. what? 3sfte? you mean.. 5sfte? and 5sfte's suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatSchusterguy View Post
A 5sfte has potential...just not when you start throwing stupid at it

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?...ighlight=5sfte

I know you have to register but its a 6g celica making 285/299 from an ebay turbo
Good call Dave
2006 Civic SI (reliable and awesome)
2003 Honda CRV
srt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #40
Turbo Supra
loljonmechley

First one I've seen over 220, wish i could see the build without registering. But i guarantee it took some of head work. Ive been there and done it, its just not worth the money, for the money you could have a 3sgte at 400whp. 5s' With a ct26 stock boost, 3sgte manifold, supra green tops, walbro pump, and 3" downpipe with nothing but weak tune or SAFC II most make 170ish at most without head work. I've seen worse, guess it depends on the cars purpose/weight. Props to that guy for sticking with the 5s.

Instead of throwing what you call stupid at it, he threw money at it. And a lot, for me. I'd rather just buy an 3s and swap it into an earlier gen mr2.

Last edited by Turbo Supra; 10-08-2008 at 09:55 AM..