any Shops, or unemployed vehicle minded individuals able to fix mower or snow mobile? - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 12-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
arachnyd

arachnyd is on a distinguished roadarachnyd is on a distinguished road
any Shops, or unemployed vehicle minded individuals able to fix mower or snow mobile?
Need to get my snowmobile running and my lawn mower running. Looking for individuals who think they can do it OR shops in the area that may be able to help with either. I'm at a loss finding the help I need on either.

Lawn mower runs great but I sheered off the drive-shaft pulley. For the life of me I haven't been able to get it off and tried cutting it off, heating it up, penetrating oil, etc. Have replacement pulley. Looking to spend $100-200. If it will cost more than that explain it to me and maybe something can be worked out.

Willing to pay someone to get my snowmobile running. Someone told me one of the bike shops would but when I talked to them they said they didn't work on sleds. It was running fine before I failed to "summarize it". I'm sure draining the carbs and gas would be sufficient. Looking to spend $150-250 but once again depending on the problem More can be discussed.

Can drop off both or can have someone wrench of them over here.

Thanks!
2006 Suzuki LT-R 450
2005 Chevy Avalanche 1500 4x4 z71
1999 Corvette FRC Z06 Conversion
1980 Chevy Camaro Z28
Unfortunately sold in last year :( 11 Ram 1500, 2011 Camaro, 2010 Camaro SS bumblebee, 01 SLK 320, 1980 Jeep Cj7, 98 Ram 1500, 2 88 fieros
arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Grand National Propain
Plays With Fire

Grand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really nice
That looks like an MTD mower, those usually have to be cut off carefully with a whiz wheel. I've gotten some off with a harmonic balancer puller before though. Good luck.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
Grand National Propain
Plays With Fire

Grand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really nice
Edit. Just noticed you said you already have the pulley

Last edited by Grand National Propain; 12-02-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Grand National Propain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
arachnyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand National Propain View Post
That looks like an MTD mower, those usually have to be cut off carefully with a whiz wheel. I've gotten some off with a harmonic balancer puller before though. Good luck.
I need to buy some air tools. My electric tools can't get in there and I probably have to pull the engine out to really get to the pulley. Thanks for the pointer though.

I tried a hub puller. I have a harmonic balancer puller too. Did you just drill holes through the pulley and stick like a nut on the backs? I might try that as one last ditch effort, but the hub puller just destroyed it with enough force.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
badcoupe

badcoupe is on a distinguished roadbadcoupe is on a distinguished road
What kind of sled do you have?
badcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
Grand National Propain
Plays With Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnyd View Post
Did you just drill holes through the pulley and stick like a nut on the backs? I might try that as one last ditch effort, but the hub puller just destroyed it with enough force.
No, one of my OTC balancer pullers is for the old style chryslers that had the long pushrod that went into the crank and hooks to pull the balancer off. I put the hooks on the top pulley a slowly got it off with heat and penetrant. you'll probably have to trim the outer portion of the pulley off to get in closer to the hub, or else you'll just fold it over when you pull on it.
Grand National Propain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
arachnyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
What kind of sled do you have?
Arctic Cat ZRT 600!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
badcoupe

badcoupe is on a distinguished roadbadcoupe is on a distinguished road
that shouldn't be too bad to get straightened out. I have the same puller in my otc chrysler timing set. I could get youtaken care of on it at the shop but I'm about 40 mins from harrison in indiana.
badcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
BadeffinLSx
1,000 posts club

BadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura about
Winter is literally just around the corner and you're wanting to fix your lawnmower?

BadeffinLSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #10
9cobra4
Some say...

9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all
Maybe he uses it with a plow on it. Those old mtd's are powerhouses!.....not.
9cobra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
arachnyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadeffinLSx View Post
Winter is literally just around the corner and you're wanting to fix your lawnmower?
that makes perfect sense to me.... lol... end of season oil changes, belts, plugs, whatevers needed.

Why would I do that stuff in the middle of the summer? It makes more sense to me to fix stuff during winter to make sure it runs problem free over summer when you need it... so in other words this is the time I fix this stuff every year so it runs well for me next year?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #12
Widebody
2,000 posts club

Widebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Widebody
Quote:
that makes perfect sense to me.... lol... end of season oil changes, belts, plugs, whatevers needed.

Why would I do that stuff in the middle of the summer? It makes more sense to me to fix stuff during winter to make sure it runs problem free over summer when you need it... so in other words this is the time I fix this stuff every year so it runs well for me next year?
I'm getting ready to tear mine apart and make sure it's good for next year as well. It's nice to walk out and cut your grass that first time of the year without having to do any maintenance first.
Widebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
BadeffinLSx
1,000 posts club

BadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura aboutBadeffinLSx has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Ah makes sense. I was just curious haha
BadeffinLSx is offline   Reply With Quote