94 ex engine rebuild - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Honda / Acura Discussions

Old 04-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
camaroz280294
CSS newbie

camaroz280294 is on a distinguished road
94 ex engine rebuild
I bought a 94 ex vtec off my uncle that was missing but ran good in the higher rpms. I just thought it needed a tune up but come to find out cylinder 2 only has very little compression. And its not the valve. I was wondering what is a good machine shop (prefer on the eastside) to take this motor to. I just want a basic rebuild.
camaroz280294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
BryanG
Ricer

BryanG is a jewel in the roughBryanG is a jewel in the roughBryanG is a jewel in the roughBryanG is a jewel in the roughBryanG is a jewel in the roughBryanG is a jewel in the roughBryanG is a jewel in the roughBryanG is a jewel in the roughBryanG is a jewel in the rough
Unless you're rebuilding with stronger internals for boost or something, its a waste of time/money. Zerolift has piles of low-mile replacement motors which would probably be cheaper than a rebuild..
BryanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
dre5491
I Haz Slow.

dre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanG View Post
Unless you're rebuilding with stronger internals for boost or something, its a waste of time/money. Zerolift has piles of low-mile replacement motors which would probably be cheaper than a rebuild..

Single cam Honda motors suck, therefore they can be picked up for pocket change. Call ZL pick up a newer motor... /thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
Lol single cam motors are like $7
shdw on th sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
I'm with everybody above.

But if you're stuck on taking the current long block to a machine shop, Hucks Machine Shop is located on Eastgate is probably the closest that I'm aware of.

I've never personally had any experience with engine stuff, but they did all of my suspension bushings with less than a 24 hour turn around time and did a great job.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Widebody
2,000 posts club

Widebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of lightWidebody is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Widebody
I'm with them also. And I have dibs on your current engine when you get a replacement
Widebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
camaroz280294
CSS newbie

camaroz280294 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widebody View Post
I'm with them also. And I have dibs on your current engine when you get a replacement
Ok Thanks
And i will let you know if i decide to sell the current engine
camaroz280294 is offline   Reply With Quote