my stupid car, and stupid swap. - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Media Center

Old 07-10-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
my stupid car, and stupid swap.
figured id share some crappy pics with you guys. im rebuilding my dollar car with a million dollars. i should have bought a vette. anyway....

as i posted a while ago, i have decided to do an ls1 swap with the 240. well really the car is getting a whole overhaul with bodywork, 6 point rollbar, and some interior work, so its a long process. anyway ill try to keep some pics going to update, these are from my phone because i always forget to take a real camera to the garage. ill try to get in the habit of better pics.

these pics are also after i have removed the interior and a lot of stuff from the engine bay. thats the boring crap anyway.

so heres the engine removed.

i needed to get rid of it so im throwing it away. shit, it wont fit in the garage can.

found a bigger can for the trash, this will work well.

i figured it would be nice to make a stand for the car to sit on with casters, so i could easily move the car without suspension under it. i built this thing, and its working well. quick and easy.

with the car supported i could remove the complete front suspension.

and disassemble for paint, powder coating, and replacement.

this weekend i stripped the floor sound deadening, and stripped and removed the doors. the sound deadening was a pita.

now i need to get the roll bar coming and get that installed.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #2
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
oh yeah, stay tuned for when i cut the roof off to swap for a hard top.
BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
I hope you keep this updated, and continue making progress with the build. One day I want to restore a car like that.

Good luck, fella.

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #4
BTM

yeah, im going to try to get more pics of progress, and better quality. i wasnt planning on making a build thread, so these were just crap saved on the phone.

its a bit overwhelming because theres so much going on at once. everything needs everything to be done, so i have to watch to not get one thing done that ill have to redo because something else want done first.

i just want to make it all nice, because i plan on keeping the car. i didnt want to band aid a paint job to hold it over for a few years.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #5
evil8
Meatcurtains

evil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to all
Is this still available?

xtremeoutlawseries.com
evil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:18 AM   #6
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Are you planning on painting the engine bay while all the stuff is out?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
BTM

engine bay, interior, and exterior will be painted. engine bay and interior will be painted in a grey, or grey metallic color.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:14 AM   #8
DonnieTsunami
out of the game

DonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to behold
is this done yet?

lol jk

nice progress so far BTM

Fucking Ricers
DonnieTsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #9
Xero
Waste of Space

Xero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really nice
Looks stupid. Good luck with it!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
boosted95
Boostin

boosted95 is on a distinguished roadboosted95 is on a distinguished road
love the rumpke pic
boosted95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #11
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
I bet whiptard can give you welding and rollbar advice. I mean, he already made a perfect one.

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #12
DonnieTsunami
out of the game

DonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedH22 View Post
I bet whiptard can give you welding and rollbar advice. I mean, he already made a perfect one.
plus he knows a 9000hp 240 that has a 20pt racing cage that runs 7s
Old 07-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #13
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Joey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieTuscani View Post
plus he knows a 9000hp 240 that has a 20pt racing cage on a tube chassis that runs 1s tuned by Anthony
Fixed..

She's back.
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #14
BES_Stroked_Nova
LSx>you

BES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really nice
good luck on the build! I know how your feeling about 15 months ago. Sucks getting some things done then have to pull it back apart to get something else done. I've had my car together mostly then right back apart just to paint and powdercoat things.

I hope to get my turd build out this weekend, hope all the hard work has paid off
Camaro v6 Race Car
Sadturd gear banging daily family beater
BES_Stroked_Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #15
boosted95
Boostin

boosted95 is on a distinguished roadboosted95 is on a distinguished road
^^x2 mine has been 5 years, but i just push mine to the side when someone wants me to paint a car or build a car for them. That's how my toy gets its funds...lol
boosted95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #16
mustangboy
CSS regular

mustangboy has a spectacular aura aboutmustangboy has a spectacular aura aboutmustangboy has a spectacular aura aboutmustangboy has a spectacular aura aboutmustangboy has a spectacular aura about
Good luck, looks like a fun build. If you need me you know where to find me.

Untitled by mustangboy429, on Flickr
mustangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #17
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
When its done you should have Anthony tune it
Old 07-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #18
DonnieTsunami
out of the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati View Post
When its done you should have Anthony tune it

i LOL'd
Old 07-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #19
toyocam9805
Futbol Ricer

toyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to toyocam9805
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieTuscani View Post

i LOL'd
x2

Looks good so far. Looking forward to updates.
toyocam9805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #20
BTM

im out of the loop with this anthony stuff.

too hot to do much to it this week.