Sad day for you Nissan ricers... - Page 3 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 06-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #41
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse View Post
You guys act like the government is just sitting around looking for ways to piss of insignificant people. Read up sometime on why Skylines are illegal. The amount of crime surrounding them - drugs, prostitution, illegal import of all kinds of shit - the government wants nothing to do with it. They want all of them gone. This one was not a legally registered case. They want it to disappear. It's been going on for the last several years, everyone is just causing a fuss because this one was in a movie. If you really think the government is pissing away billions of dollars to crush a car, then you need to get your head out of your ass.
It takes the same government 5 years to figure out how to fix a pothole in Interstate 75. Or ten years to figure out how to replace a bridge that's going to fall down. These guys have never wasted money goofing off on dumb shit?

While you likely have a point, a lot of this is futile to target just one car. I see more douchebags stealing Honda Civics and Nissan 240s, which probably lead up to an astronomically higher amount of cases regarding these "alleged" drug, prostitution and illegal import crime rings that you speak of.

Why doesn't the government ban those cars too? Fuck it. Ban all of the cars. Let us walk! America's obesity problems solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #42
ritalin
Warhawk

ritalin has a spectacular aura aboutritalin has a spectacular aura aboutritalin has a spectacular aura aboutritalin has a spectacular aura aboutritalin has a spectacular aura aboutritalin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to ritalin Send a message via Yahoo to ritalin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9cobra4 View Post
Just like they said, if they let one person slide, everyone will do it. I mean, they should of let him sell them and give them the money as a paid fine or something.
I don't imagine tons of people from wisconsin dying to get their hands on skylines.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #43
meatmarket
Wheel Man

meatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the rough
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN???

I hear Obama is starting "No Skyline left behind", a valiant effort to rid the streets of these prostitution and drug ring inducing automobiles, the drones are being deployed as we speak..

Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #44
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Send a message via AIM to push
The fact of the matter is that the car was illegal. The law is there for a reason, he broke it and paid the consequences. I don't see how this is an example of government waste either, it's an example in enforcement. Government waste is paying $1000 for a toilet seat, or the $900,000 spent by the GSA throwing a party in Vegas. So unless they spent an asinine (and unwarranted) amount of money to crush it then I have no problems with the government enforcing laws.

Talking about banning old cars that were legally produced\imported into Americuh is absolutely stupid. If you really think they put the laws in place to stop a few ricers from importing garbage from Japan you need to pull your head out of your ass.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #45
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jfisher Send a message via MSN to jfisher
Quote:
You guys act like the government is just sitting around looking for ways to piss of insignificant people. Read up sometime on why Skylines are illegal. The amount of crime surrounding them - drugs, prostitution, illegal import of all kinds of shit - the government wants nothing to do with it. They want all of them gone. This one was not a legally registered case. They want it to disappear. It's been going on for the last several years, everyone is just causing a fuss because this one was in a movie. If you really think the government is pissing away billions of dollars to crush a car, then you need to get your head out of your ass.
You are completely missing the point. All of those examples you just provided are EFFECTS of a car that was made illegal by our government. Illegal actions / things typically bring all of those problems you listed. If it's legal in the first place you probably won't have those problems because it'll be some computer nerd azin importing the car over here because he likes it.

This is like banning guns or poon. So a gun can kill someone and poon can give you the HIV. BAN IT ALL!!!!ZOMG!!?!?!?!

2013 Cruze Eco 1.4T 6MT
1993 Mustang
2007 Yamaha R1
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #46
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by push View Post
The fact of the matter is that the car was illegal. The law is there for a reason, he broke it and paid the consequences. I don't see how this is an example of government waste either, it's an example in enforcement. Government waste is paying $1000 for a toilet seat, or the $900,000 spent by the GSA throwing a party in Vegas. So unless they spent an asinine (and unwarranted) amount of money to crush it then I have no problems with the government enforcing laws.

Talking about banning old cars that were legally produced\imported into Americuh is absolutely stupid. If you really think they put the laws in place to stop a few ricers from importing garbage from Japan you need to pull your head out of your ass.
Really? Why because a 1995 Skyline can't pass some government mandated crash test based on today's standards? That would probably include a good percentage of older cars on the road today.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #47
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Wrong. All of that happened when the cars were being imported LEGALLY. Or so the government assumed. I'm not saying everyone with a Skyline is a hooker and a drug lord, I'm talking about Motorex specifically. Read the story, it's very interesting. Everyone thinks its just skylines that get crushed. Any illegally imported vehicle will get crushed if the Feds find out. We just hear about these because everyone nuts all over them.
Quote:
<div class="pre-quote">
Quote de <strong>apocalypse</strong>
</div>

<div class="post-quote">
<div style="font-style:italic">You guys act like the government is just sitting around looking for ways to piss of insignificant people. Read up sometime on why Skylines are illegal. The amount of crime surrounding them - drugs, prostitution, illegal import of all kinds of shit - the government wants nothing to do with it. They want all of them gone. This one was not a legally registered case. They want it to disappear. It's been going on for the last several years, everyone is just causing a fuss because this one was in a movie. If you really think the government is pissing away billions of dollars to crush a car, then you need to get your head out of your ass.</div>
</div>You are completely missing the point. All of those examples you just provided are EFFECTS of a car that was made illegal by our government. Illegal actions / things typically bring all of those problems you listed. If it's legal in the first place you probably won't have those problems because it'll be some computer nerd azin importing the car over here because he likes it.<br>
<br>
This is like banning guns or poon. So a gun can kill someone and poon can give you the HIV. BAN IT ALL!!!!ZOMG!!?!?!?!

Last edited by apocalypse; 06-06-2012 at 12:35 PM..
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #48
jfisher

Quote:
Wrong. All of that happened when the cars were being imported LEGALLY. Or so the government assumed. I'm not saying everyone with a Skyline is a hooker and a drug lord, I'm talking about Motorex specifically. Read the story, it's very interesting. Everyone thinks its just skylines that get crushed. Any illegally imported vehicle will get crushed if the Feds find out. We just hear about these because everyone nuts all over them.
Again, LOL, should the government ban guns and poon because of the possible negative things it could bring?
Old 06-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #49
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
You guys also don't understand crash regulations. An old car may not be "safe" by today's standards, but at one time it was. The government can't crush your car because of that. The skylines they've seized and crushed were NEVER up to standards. At no point were they ever fully legal.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #50
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

You're rationalizing James. Read the story, then we can have a half-intelligent conversation about it.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #51
meatmarket
Wheel Man

meatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the rough
hide yo kids hide you wife, they crushin skylines errrywhere...

I understand the whole motorex debacle, they hosed a ton of people not bringing cars up to standards, and fudging paperwork saying they did etc...

Going as far as crushing the cars, instead of giving people extensions to get cars DOT legal is a bit much... I mean it's not like skyline owners don't have the means to do so.. They burned a ton of cash to get them over here, I am sure they would spend more money just to make it right.... But it's the gov't I wouldn't expect them to do anything rational...
meatmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #52
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Send a message via AIM to push
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher View Post
Really? Why because a 1995 Skyline can't pass some government mandated crash test based on today's standards? That would probably include a good percentage of older cars on the road today.
Think bigger picture. If we allowed the import of cars that don't meet federal safety/smog standards, it now gives imports the competitive advantage. It creates a huge loophole for people to weasel cars in the country that aren't as safe or eco friendly as cars produced here. How does a US based company compete with that? They can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher View Post
Again, LOL, should the government ban guns and poon because of the possible negative things it could bring?
Not even remotely the same thing. If you want to talk guns though here is something similar, although very simplified.

It's illegal to own a full auto machine gun built after may something 1986 and without a tax stamp. Doesn't matter where you got it from, if it doesn't have a build date before that, wasn't previously registered as NFA, and you don't have a tax stamp, it's illegal. What you are arguing is saying it should be legal to import fully auto guns from other countries and be able to own them outright. See where this may cause just a TINY loophole?

Last edited by push; 06-06-2012 at 01:46 PM..
push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #53
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmarket View Post
hide yo kids hide you wife, they crushin skylines errrywhere...

I understand the whole motorex debacle, they hosed a ton of people not bringing cars up to standards, and fudging paperwork saying they did etc...

Going as far as crushing the cars, instead of giving people extensions to get cars DOT legal is a bit much... I mean it's not like skyline owners don't have the means to do so.. They burned a ton of cash to get them over here, I am sure they would spend more money just to make it right.... But it's the gov't I wouldn't expect them to do anything rational...
This is a good point, but as far as I'm aware, J.K. Industries holds the process/paperwork necessary to legalize them, and won't let anyone near it. Most people think it's still illegal to import Skylines. It's perfectly legal, as long as you go through J.K.. Problem is, J.K. wants nothing to do with it.

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
Old 06-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #54
bkvette98
It broked...

bkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to bkvette98
I'm here for the prostitutes!
bkvette98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #55
jfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvette98 View Post
I'm here for the prostitutes!
You don't need any more babies right now!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #56
Funkmaster
Uncle Ben

Funkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Funkmaster
Did that one guy on here who had the white, then blue R33 ever have trouble?
Havent seen him post in a really long time, but I know he got the car via Motorex.

1985 Mugen CRX Si Replica.
Funkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #57
jdubya
MPG What?

jdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to behold
Essex or something isn't it?
Old 06-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #58
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
Honestly, it doesn't matter. The laws around this country all contradict themselves. There is no law mandating that a vehicle that is not licensed to drive on the road cannot be used for offroad purposes, much less owned. The person who purchased this car should not have had to forfeit the property, unless the vehicle was directly involved within illegal activity, or the owner had to forfeit assets for financial obligations. I say the owner should have lawyered up, at least to buy time
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #59
bomdoutscort
CSS newbie

bomdoutscort is on a distinguished road
The r33 and r32 are crash tested. The R34 is the illegal car here. It was never crash tested. I'm just mad because of the government was and trying to give him felony charges because he found a legit loophole and told someone about it. Its more like entrapment, what they did to the owner.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #60
Funkmaster
Uncle Ben

Funkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Funkmaster
Yeah as for the topic of this thread, I see no reason he couldnt have just paid some fines and kept the car for "offroad only" use.
Funkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote