ebay brakes?? - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to LittleRed
ebay brakes??
anyone ever try the ebay special drilled and slotted brakes? decent quality and amount of dust??

Old turbo rx-7
miata in progress
dodge aries dd
06 mazdaspeed 6
xbl game tag:littlered1988
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
anyone ever try the ebay special drilled and slotted brakes? decent quality and amount of dust??
Yes, of course I have. They function just fine by making the car stop and looking cool to 16-year-old boys. As far as increased performance goes, I'd say it wasn't measurable by me. Regarding the amount of dust, that depends on the pads and most of the ebay pads that ship with those kits are junk anyways.

Honestly, they are for "looks" only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
Grand National Propain
Plays With Fire

Grand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
I've installed a set on a 7 series BMW for a guy. They weren't warped out of the box and he hasn't had any problems with them yet. (1 year & 10k+ miles ago). I think he said they were under $200 for all four, about half the price of any auto parts store.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
the pads would be for the wifes speed 6 which is a daily driver so as far as needing more than stock i really dont need that and the car factory brakes are really good anyways. im just worried about the white wheel not being white anymore
Old 06-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

the set i was looking at were the v1spec rotors and pads
Old 06-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Just buy them. Sometimes they are either identically priced or even cheaper than OEM replacements that you can get at local parts stores. You're going to get brake dust either way.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca Fella Bryan View Post
Just buy them. Sometimes they are either identically priced or even cheaper than OEM replacements that you can get at local parts stores. You're going to get brake dust either way.
i know i will have some dust no matter what but these pads mazda put on are horrible
Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Centric Premium are a very high quality OEM rotor replacement that won't warp in 30 seconds. All the ebay stuff is cheap chinese garbage.

If you want to get rid of the dust get some ceramic pads. You can get cheap shitty ones from the auto parts store that may or may not squeak, or you can get Hawk Ceramics. I have the Hawks on the lac and am very impressed that they provide the same feel as the stockers with near zero dust. But you get what you pay for.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
UCBeef
CSS newbie

UCBeef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnick View Post
Centric Premium are a very high quality OEM rotor replacement.
This. Centric is the parent company for Power Slot and Stop Tech. They also sell stuff under the name SportStop with the stuff coming in StopTech boxes. RockAuto.com and CarPartKings.com both carry Centric products but RockAuto will rape you on shipping, got all the same stuff from CarPartKings for 1/4 the shipping.
UCBeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBeef View Post
This. Centric is the parent company for Power Slot and Stop Tech. They also sell stuff under the name SportStop with the stuff coming in StopTech boxes. RockAuto.com and CarPartKings.com both carry Centric products but RockAuto will rape you on shipping, got all the same stuff from CarPartKings for 1/4 the shipping.
I got mine from partsgeek.com for $10 shipping or something retarded like that. 13" 1.5" thick rotors make for some back breaker boxes. UPS man no likey coolnick.

coolnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #11
PiranhaMatt
Nissan Fanboy

PiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to all
I installed some zinc coated ebay rotors (don't recall the seller's name) on my s13, my dad's is250 and my girlfriend's is300. The is300 has had them on for at least 25k miles and I have had zero issues with them.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
UCBeef
CSS newbie

UCBeef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnick View Post
I got mine from partsgeek.com for $10 shipping or something retarded like that. 13" 1.5" thick rotors make for some back breaker boxes. UPS man no likey coolnick.
2 x re-manned Type R calipers and 2 x mini cooper front rotors with pads
RockAuto wanted $85 for shipping CarPartKings was $20 and their parts were cheaper as well. I was surprised the bottom of the box didn't bust, looked like the tape was going to fail moving them into the house.
UCBeef is offline   Reply With Quote