New to Forum - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Honda / Acura Discussions

Old 06-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
I DRIVES A AUTO

9268 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to 9268
New to Forum
Hey everyone, nice to meet ya! I just got on the forum recently after having a motorcycle buddy of mine refer me to it. I drive a 2005 V6 Honda Accord EX with low mileage on it and have been giving it a overhaul lately for fresh looks and just put a new sound system in to make the monday-friday drive to work more enjoyable.

I am concentrating a little on the internals now, installed a CAI and Magnaflow exhaust to help it growl a little. I know its not the best platform in the world (especially with a Auto), but its what I own (no car payment) and I like the idea of being slightly unique in comparison to all the Civic's, CRX's and S2000's I see out there tuned up.

Two questions, and I will use the search function when I get off work tonight, just figured this would be a good intro post to the forums.

1) Besides TNL any honda/acura, monthly/weekly meetups in the area that are worthwhile?

2) Anyone you reccommend for engine work besides Colletti up north of us? I have heard great things about them and their "bang for buck" but just didnt know of any place locally that might be comprable. I am looking into a Turbo setup (obviously low psi because of engine limitations), J-Pipe, and a few other minor mods.

Thanks for your time and have a good one!
9268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
That automatic transmission will grenade if you touch that engine. Honda makes terrible auto transmissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all

Old 06-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Send a message via AIM to push
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati View Post
Old 06-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
I DRIVES A AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca Fella Bryan View Post
That automatic transmission will grenade if you touch that engine. Honda makes terrible auto transmissions.
I have plenty of knowledge of how shoddy they are (hence my admittal in my first post lol), Colletti seems to think via the phone conversation we had that it is do-able through a upgraded torque converter and strengthening a few internals on it...but I wasn't convinced. The guy does amazing work from all my buddies that have taken their car's up there and I generally believe what he says.

Worst case scenario is I blow it out, then swap in a 6 speed and be even happier :-)

Thanks for the quick reply fyi!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
I DRIVES A AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by push View Post
Now I am chuckling and hungry...nice! :-P
Old 06-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
jdubya
MPG What?

jdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phryxsos View Post
I have plenty of knowledge of how shoddy they are (hence my admittal in my first post lol), Colletti seems to think via the phone conversation we had that it is do-able through a upgraded torque converter and strengthening a few internals on it...but I wasn't convinced. The guy does amazing work from all my buddies that have taken their car's up there and I generally believe what he says.

Worst case scenario is I blow it out, then swap in a 6 speed and be even happier :-)

Thanks for the quick reply fyi!
It's your money, but I'd keep your paid off, relatively stock Honda for a daily driver, and then buy a project car with a better platform for expensive modifications. I went the 6-speed V-6 Accord route recently. It was a nice car, no doubt, but it wasn't a race car. Granted the car I have right now isn't the "best" platform for this engine/trans combination, but it came out of the box faster than my Accord would've been with every bolt on imaginable, and with just an exhaust, it's faster than even some of the expensive M90 S/C custom J30 Accords.

If I had my degree now instead of next year and more money, I would've kept the Accord to just drive around with.

Last edited by Roca Fella Bryan; 06-26-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
I DRIVES A AUTO

Quote:
It's your money, but I'd keep your paid off, relatively stock Honda for a daily driver, and then buy a project car with a better platform for expensive modifications. I went the 6-speed V-6 Accord route recently. It was a nice car, no doubt, but it wasn't a race car. Granted the car I have right now isn't the "best" platform for this engine/trans combination, but it came out of the box faster than my Accord would've been with every bolt on imaginable, and with just an exhaust, it's faster than even some of the expensive M90 S/C custom J30 Accords.

If I had my degree now instead of next year and more money, I would've kept the Accord to just drive around with.
I see where your coming from, and agree this will never be a top tier street car by any means, but given the fact this is what I got I want to work with it. I am 6'4...I need a big car and I love honda's, this car fits me perfectly and can drag kids around (wife and I plan on having some soon).

I just want to have more fun with her on occassion, I realize cost wise and performance wise other platforms are worth it by far...but I love the looks of my accord and could never give it away. When she goes to car heaven, the wife gets a new CR-V and I am grabbing a S2K for a "midlife crisis moment" lol :-P

GTO? I likes
Old 06-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
I DRIVES A AUTO

Quote:

What you studying at school bro? I graduated a year and a half ago, student loans can suck it!!! lol
Old 06-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #11
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
Hopefully you have thick skin... Welcome though. Tuesday nights, people (aka ricers) meet down at the bumspot.

But I agree with RFB, before dumping heaps of money into an Accord to make it fast, take that same amount of money and have an 11 second fox body mustake and leave the Accord as a good gas mileage, dependable, daily driver.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #12
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Quote:
I see where your coming from, and agree this will never be a top tier street car by any means, but given the fact this is what I got I want to work with it. I am 6'4...I need a big car and I love honda's, this car fits me perfectly and can drag kids around (wife and I plan on having some soon).

I just want to have more fun with her on occassion, I realize cost wise and performance wise other platforms are worth it by far...but I love the looks of my accord and could never give it away. When she goes to car heaven, the wife gets a new CR-V and I am grabbing a S2K for a "midlife crisis moment" lol :-P

GTO? I likes
You are 6'4 and are considering an s2k? Have fun with that. I'm 6'3 and I felt like I was stuff in a sardine can when I drove one, definitely not my idea of comfortable. Get a real mid-life crisis car - Corvette.
push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
I probably wouldn't put any money into your accord.. save it for something worth while. But welcome.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #14
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Save that money for diapers bro. Who wants to rice around in a shitty sounding Accord with a pile of brats in the back?

Eat shit ricer

Old 06-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #15
The Punisher
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of light
Whale Cum
Old 06-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #16
I DRIVES A AUTO

Quote:
You are 6'4 and are considering an s2k? Have fun with that. I'm 6'3 and I felt like I was stuff in a sardine can when I drove one, definitely not my idea of comfortable. Get a real mid-life crisis car - Corvette.
I test drove a S2K on my birthday and almost pulled the trigger. Call me long waisted instead of long legged but I fit just fine, maybe because its a newer generation and has more room? I am a honda guy for life bro lol. Corvettes are sweet as hell but we shall see what the future brings.

Can we concentrate on my questions rather than my reasoning lol? I know I am crazy but oh well
Old 06-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #17
push
BAZINGA!

Quote:
I test drove a S2K on my birthday and almost pulled the trigger. Call me long waisted instead of long legged but I fit just fine, maybe because its a newer generation and has more room? I am a honda guy for life bro lol. Corvettes are sweet as hell but we shall see what the future brings.

Can we concentrate on my questions rather than my reasoning lol? I know I am crazy but oh well
No
push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #18
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
The honda people kill me. Why honda for life? Please explain why better?
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #19
I DRIVES A AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnick View Post
Save that money for diapers bro. Who wants to rice around in a shitty sounding Accord with a pile of brats in the back?

Eat shit ricer
LOL @ Diapers. Luckily one day her parents are covering diapers/formula and most baby costs (even thought the wife and I could easily afford it), they want grandkids and have worked up a "contract" lol. I am very blessed with them, especially when I lost both of my parents over the last 9 months.

Regardless, my finances should be none of your concern besides bang for the buck on THIS vehicle. As for your insults and opinions towards my car, they are your own and I respect, but keep them to yourself unless its constructive towards my goal and I will do the same for you. Once again, I may be crazy/stubborn but I know what I want.

Flame Proof Suit On!
Old 06-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #20
I DRIVES A AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbowagon View Post
The honda people kill me. Why honda for life? Please explain why better?
Not better, it was a joke, I just really like my car's interior and exterior...why else did I buy it brand new in 2004 straight out of HS? lol