Cobalt people, need help. - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Chevy Discussion

Old 03-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
Bunjiro
1,000 posts club

Bunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Bunjiro
Cobalt people, need help.
A friend of mine has a 2005 SS. He is wanting me to put a smaller pulley on, exhaust, and air intake. My question is will anything else be needed? Mainly asking ECU related and fuel related. I rarely deal with supercharger so I am kinda lost.
Also, what are some good sites for parts and whatnots.
Bunjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
just like any boosted vehicle.....more boost means you need more fuel and timing adjustments
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
SpoonyGT
Motorboatin SOB

SpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to all
Is he buying a staged kit from gm or just putting it together himself
SpoonyGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
SpoonyGT
Motorboatin SOB

SpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to all
Those things need cooling mode with a small pulley too
Old 03-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
i tthink some company called modern performance deals in these
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
Blue99fbody
zip em up!

Blue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Blue99fbody
what size pulley? 2.8? 42lb injectors and tune
http://www.intense-racing.com/
like a dumbass i traded in my cobalt with the injectors and intense pcm in it still. i have a stock pcm from a 06 if he is wanting one to send off to be tuned

a search for stage 2 cobalt should give you what you need

98 SS m6
99 Z28 nbm m6
09 Trailblazer SS
11 silverado ccsb 6.2
03 ZX-6R 636
01 ktm 300exc
32' baja twin 454s
www.dolce-vita-photography.com

Last edited by Blue99fbody; 03-12-2010 at 07:01 PM..
Blue99fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:00 AM   #7
Bunjiro
1,000 posts club

Bunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura about
Honestly he knows nothing about the car so he just asked me to "make it fast" for cheap and I have never dealt with a Cobalt before so I was not aware of what all it would consist of. I pretty much assumed that it would need more fuel, cooling, and a tune but I wanted to make sure before I told him to give me all his money.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:35 AM   #8
PiranhaMatt
Nissan Fanboy

PiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjiro View Post
Honestly he knows nothing about the car so he just asked me to "make it fast" for cheap and I have never dealt with a Cobalt before so I was not aware of what all it would consist of. I pretty much assumed that it would need more fuel, cooling, and a tune but I wanted to make sure before I told him to give me all his money.
Give me all his money and I'll spray it.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #9
Bunjiro
1,000 posts club

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiranhaMatt View Post
Give me all his money and I'll spray it.
Or just put an LSx in it.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #10
PiranhaMatt
Nissan Fanboy

PiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to allPiranhaMatt is a name known to all
I was going for lots of money + little effort = maximum profit for me.
PiranhaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #11
grandmaGTP
shit dang

grandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of lightgrandmaGTP is a glorious beacon of light
intense is good and they are closer, just up in columbus, http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion/index.php they also offer parts and performance packages i believe
Old 03-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
SpoonyGT
Motorboatin SOB

How much cash does he wanna spend on it?

#teamgrocerygetter
2007 300c - Slow Old People Car
2005 Cobalt SS/SC - Slow Ricer Car
Old 03-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #13
Dawgscj7
CSS newbie

Dawgscj7 is on a distinguished road
look into the OTT performance stage kits they're well worth the money
Dawgscj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #14
nope_na
CSS newbie

nope_na is on a distinguished road
For what it's worth, I've talked with plenty of people who have modified their Supercharged 2.0s and almost ALL of them have gone with this setup for the first stage up:

Cold air intake
Pulley drop (no smaller than 2.9" at first)
Catback exhaust
Tune (Look up WickedSS, his name is Tom. On this site or www.CobaltSS.net)
One step colder plugs
42lb injectors
Ingalls Stiffy Torque Dampener, or new motor mounts.

No complaints from anyone running setups like this, so I say give it a shot. The motor mounts/TD is sort of an optional mod, but highly recommended when getting into modding a boosted FWD. Unless you love wheel hop, of course.