Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Engine Tech

Old 06-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
PNKSLPZ32TT
5.0 club

PNKSLPZ32TT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PNKSLPZ32TT
Honda wont start
Ok so my pos "ricer" honda wont start. I was having issues with it on the way to work. Every redlight the car would just die but would restart just fine. On thr way back home it shut off on the highway and wont start . I have fuel pressure but no spark from the distributer cap. I have installed a coil pack and ignition module in the distributer and it has not helped the problem. The car does crank, so its tryin to fire but wont. Any ideas? Would it be an ecu issue? Im goin to try a whole new distributer and see what happens.
PNKSLPZ32TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to LittleRed
i had the same issue on my integra. try a different distributer

Old turbo rx-7
miata in progress
dodge aries dd
06 mazdaspeed 6
xbl game tag:littlered1988
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
meatmarket
Wheel Man

meatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the rough
Try re-soldering all the contacts on your main relay board before you go spend money elsewhere...

Old 06-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
^^^ that. Look under the dash right above the hood latch. Should be a relay with 2 plugs. Smack it a few times while cranking.

Forgot about those.
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
PNKSLPZ32TT
5.0 club

Alright, ill try those tonight
Old 06-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmarket View Post
Try re-soldering all the contacts on your main relay board before you go spend money elsewhere...
THIS.

My Prelude had the same exact problem. Sometimes it would not start unless you played with the ignition relay under the dashboard. One day, some guys tried stealing the car, but couldn't get it started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
PNKSLPZ32TT
5.0 club

Lol good anti thief I guess
Old 06-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
PNKSLPZ32TT
5.0 club

I have power to the dizzy just nothing out of thr cap , so I think my relays ok
Old 06-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #9
mx-5 man

mx-5 man is on a distinguished road
Most likely the ignition coil 90 percent sure if that isn't it then the ignitor both are 50 dollar parts
mx-5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
GOOD!

jk

if it was just the red light i could help you just like every other honda owner. but no go on the highway issue

Last edited by shdw on th sun; 06-14-2012 at 09:05 PM..
shdw on th sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
PNKSLPZ32TT
5.0 club

I have power to the dizzy just nothing out of thr cap , so I think my relays ok
Old 06-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #12
mayfieldfour

mayfieldfour is on a distinguished road
Did I miss what model this is? Have you checked the ignition switch? Mine went bad on my 98 Civic (96-00 have a recall on it) and my car would just randomly die while driving. Most of the time it would start right back up, other times it took a while.

It's a $40 harness form Honda (at least for the Civic) adn you might even get lucky aqnd have it fixed for free under recall.
mayfieldfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:23 AM   #13
Tugboat
CSS adict

Tugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of light
If it's an eg/ek...maybe it's a fuel pump relay?
Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #14
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
i would try to borrow a complete distributer from someone and try it first. my integra did the same thing....
Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #15
VtecFreePrelude
Who cares what this says

VtecFreePrelude will become famous soon enoughVtecFreePrelude will become famous soon enoughVtecFreePrelude will become famous soon enoughVtecFreePrelude will become famous soon enough
on the older hondas the fuel pump relay is part of the main relay...
thats my guess, ive had the ignition switch go out on me as well. casued the same issue...it probablly couldnt hurt to take a look at the tps as well...

you know there arent a lot of show out there that can segway from skull f*cking polar bears- jon stewart
VtecFreePrelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #16
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

it will still run with a bad tps though....my tps went bad and all it did was make vtec stop popping
Old 06-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Sounds like you made baby jesus mad and now you are paying the price.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #18
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnick View Post
Sounds like you made baby jesus mad and now you are paying the price.
"dear sweet baby jesus...."