98 Cavalier Theft light - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Domestic Tech

Old 07-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Ls1Rule
CSS regular

Ls1Rule will become famous soon enoughLs1Rule will become famous soon enoughLs1Rule will become famous soon enough
98 Cavalier Theft light
Car cranks and almost fires then spark gets cut off. The theft light is on solid. I have tried the 10 minute reset deal, doesnt work as the light never goes off. What are my options to fix this thing?
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
meatmarket
Wheel Man

meatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the roughmeatmarket is a jewel in the rough
stop stealing cavaliers? j/k

you may need to scan it with a gm tech tool and reset the security function/synch key to ecu..etc...
Old 07-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
yougotjunk
extremestreetcars.com

yougotjunk has a spectacular aura aboutyougotjunk has a spectacular aura aboutyougotjunk has a spectacular aura aboutyougotjunk has a spectacular aura aboutyougotjunk has a spectacular aura aboutyougotjunk has a spectacular aura about
Crush it.....

Old 07-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
have anthony tune it
Old 07-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
Ls1Rule
CSS regular

Ls1Rule will become famous soon enoughLs1Rule will become famous soon enoughLs1Rule will become famous soon enough
Crush has crossed my mind, I want to get rid of this car anyway.
Ls1Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #6
Ls1Rule
CSS regular

Next problem, something in the coolant system is messed up. While idling the temp gage stays all the way cold then in a few minutes will go half way, then the fans turn on and the gage will go all the way cold. I replaced the coolant temp sensor, didnt do shit. Still throwing a p0118 code. WTF is the problem now.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
The Punisher
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of lightThe Punisher is a glorious beacon of light
Check your blinker fluid
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Ls1Rule
CSS regular

What is that going to accomplish?
Old 07-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
Sound like thermostat to me.

Replace with known good vehicle....
Old 07-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
Ls1Rule
CSS regular

How is the thermostat going to cause the temp gage to go crazy?
Old 07-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #11
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry, assumed it was going cold while driving.

Yea the instrument clusters are garbage in those. It's about $300 to get one rebuilt. Bad thing is you still have a cavalier when you put it back in.
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
Ls1Rule
CSS regular

Yea I have felt like that for the last month. When this thing runs all I have is a damn cavalier.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #13
BossZ06

BossZ06 is on a distinguished road
put up pics and what ya want for it
BossZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
Ls1Rule
CSS regular

Did a few tests tonight, I have it narrowed down to a bad ground wire off the coolant sensor or a bad pcm. If this doesnt fix it I am done putting money into it then I'll let it go.

Car has a lot of dings and one softball size dent by the gas cap and about an inch of rust starting at the bottom off both doors.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
catdaddy
CSS newbie

catdaddy is infamous around these parts
I buy cavaliers. Let me know.
I have 4 right now for sale,
catdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
I buy cavaliers. Let me know.
I have 4 right now for sale,
You're doing it wrong!
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #17
Turbo Supra
loljonmechley

Turbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really niceTurbo Supra is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbowagon View Post
You're doing it wrong!
Punctuation or life?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #18
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Both
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #19
Ls1Rule
CSS regular

Cavaliers suck