Dual mass flywheel resurface? - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Audi/VW

Old 12-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Dual mass flywheel resurface?
So ill be replacing clutch soon. Many articles i have read and researched say a dual mass flywheel can be resurfaced at a quality repair shop. So few questions....

1. Where and who around town does quality work

2. I know most of you will say to just get a new one, but if the oem is not crazy warped and can be resurfaced, has anyone had experience with doing this?

Thanks everyone for the help.
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
altima3.5se
shift_DEAD

altima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to altima3.5se
i have always been told dual mass cant be resurfaced because it throws the balance off between the two masses since you only resurface the one mass. however i was told my altima's flywheel was resurfaced and i never had any problems out of it.
altima3.5se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
I would try a drive line place like power clutch and drive or whatever their name is up on 747 874-3680

Last edited by Kisor; 12-22-2010 at 08:59 PM..
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
I thought you took your car to dubwerx, let them take of it.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Debating having them do or me taking job on with few buddies. Save labor. Got a weekend to decide.
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
evil8
Meatcurtains

evil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbowagon View Post
Debating having them do or me taking job on with few buddies. Save labor. Got a weekend to decide.
Seriously dude. It's been said a million times. Your best bet is to not make another post on this site until your car does these outrageous things you're saying it's going to do.

xtremeoutlawseries.com
evil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Haha. I'm not saying a clutch will give me 700 awhp!
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #8
RMXmitch

RMXmitch has a spectacular aura aboutRMXmitch has a spectacular aura aboutRMXmitch has a spectacular aura aboutRMXmitch has a spectacular aura aboutRMXmitch has a spectacular aura aboutRMXmitch has a spectacular aura about
D&D machine shop will do it on vine street..

They did mine, I believe it was about 50 bucks

RMXmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #9
HATEMENOW
Im just playin.

HATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the roughHATEMENOW is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HATEMENOW Send a message via Yahoo to HATEMENOW
just hope there is no slop between the 2 plates...2.7 flywheels are junk.....i will tell you this to help you dan... Southbend's street/strip& single mass flywheel...done
Old 12-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #10
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
I have some sand paper and some free time.. let me know if you'd like for me to take on the resurfacing.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #11
jdubya
MPG What?

jdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HATEMENOW View Post
just hope there is no slop between the 2 plates...2.7 flywheels are junk.....i will tell you this to help you dan... Southbend's street/strip& single mass flywheel...done
When Southbend built my clutch in the S4 they did a resurface on the stock flywheel for cheap.