replacing a floor board - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Honda / Acura Discussions

Old 10-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
IN_98dsm
CSS newbie

IN_98dsm is on a distinguished road
replacing a floor board
i might be picking up a eg h/b. anyways the driver side floor board is rusted badly. can anyone give me any pointers no how to repair it thanks
IN_98dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
Yea...get 10 gallons of gas,pour all over car, and then proceed to throw a match at it and watch it burn with a beer in your hand....

Racing from a roll is like beating off...sure its fun but its not the real thing.
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
fixing that on a honda isn't really worth it, there are a bajillion of them, find a clean one and don't deal with the headache, if it were an older collectible, classic car it would be worth fixing.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
IN_98dsm
CSS newbie

IN_98dsm is on a distinguished road
i can get the car for super cheap and it has a b16a2 in it thats a really good running engine. other than the floor board it a clean civic
IN_98dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
No. If the floor board is rusted out I'm sure there is a lot of rust on it. Omg....a b16. A whopping 130hp
Old 10-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #6
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
Shut up jack....please....
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #7
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
for once I have to side with Jack. If the floorboard is rusted there is gonna be major rust issues elsewhere.

There were issues with the early 92-93 HB leaking at the cowl area. The seam filler wasn't applied properly.

That said a speed limit sign and some fiberglass will fix it right up!

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
sohcthunder
Asshole By Nature(ABN)

sohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nicesohcthunder is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to sohcthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
fixing that on a honda isn't really worth it, there are a bajillion of them, find a clean one and don't deal with the headache, if it were an older collectible, classic car it would be worth fixing.
Worlds longest sentence... holy shit. Its like a list.
sohcthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:30 AM   #9
shiftdrift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin View Post
Shut up jack....please....
don't you have some re-enlisting to do? oh wait, your back is broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohcthunder View Post
Worlds longest sentence... holy shit. Its like a list.
i was on my phone and could give two fucks less.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:51 AM   #10
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
I'm sure shitdrift could put that floor in there for ya... His welds on rusty surfaces look GREAT!
ej1bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #11
shiftdrift
Banned

custom sheet metal work, don't think i would do it for 50 bucks and a can of rice.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #12
Speed Kills
SYR

Speed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Speed Kills
Quote:
custom sheet metal work, don't think i would do it for 50 bucks and a can of rice.
Really? That's supposed to impress someone?

Holy shit, you can make a trans tunnel and a couple square panels. God for fucking you dude.

For the last time, no one gives a flying fuck you work for a shop.

"...I'm just not in the habit of seein' the Chevy work against a two-bit piece of junk..."

'99 Sportychop, '86 Jetta GLTD, '63 Comet, '55 Chivvy.
Speed Kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #13
Carbon01GT
a.k.a. Badmeat

Carbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
for once I have to side with Jack. If the floorboard is rusted there is gonna be major rust issues elsewhere.
Weird, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Kills View Post

Holy shit, you can make a trans tunnel and a couple square panels. God for fucking you dude.

For the last time, no one gives a flying fuck you work for a shop.
^^^And then there's this

I don't mean to toot my own horn but...

Idiot.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #14
shiftdrift
Banned

Wasn't trying to impress anyone. Just saying it's easy for me to do and they're broken edged panels with support braces on.the bottom side. The trans tunnel was custom made on the english wheel.

Last edited by shiftdrift; 10-24-2011 at 08:38 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #15
Carbon01GT
a.k.a. Badmeat

Carbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Wasn't trying to impress anyone. Just saying it's easy for me to do and they're broken edged panels with support braces on.the bottom side. The trans tunnel was custom made on the english wheel.
What exactly were you trying to do by posting a picture of some "custom sheet metal work" that you've done, then proceeding to state that you wouldn't do it for his car?

Last edited by Carbon01GT; 10-24-2011 at 09:37 AM..
Carbon01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #16
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
Old 10-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #17
shiftdrift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon01GT View Post
What exactly were you trying to do by posting a picture of some "custom sheet metal work" that you've done, then proceeding to state that you wouldn't do it for his car?

I wouldn't do it for a busted honda because 1. It would cost more than the car is worth. And 2. That isn't all of the rust.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #18
charlie
Administrator

charlie is on a distinguished roadcharlie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to charlie
Too much nos will blow out your floor board.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #19
Carbon01GT
a.k.a. Badmeat

Quote:
custom sheet metal work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Kills View Post
Quote:
Wasn't trying to impress anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon01GT View Post
Quote:
I wouldn't do it for a busted honda because 1. It would cost more than the car is worth. And 2. That isn't all of the rust.
^^^oh, that's what you were trying to say? And not impress people with this:
Quote:
The trans tunnel was custom made on the english wheel.
Congratulations. You continue to prove yourself as the douchiest (sp?) individual on this site, time and time again.
You're dumb, and I'm done.

Last edited by Carbon01GT; 10-24-2011 at 11:09 AM..
Carbon01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #20
shiftdrift
Banned

I was just saying it's not like I took a piece of sheet metal and bent it over a tube or something. I honestly don't care what you or anyone here thinks of me or my work. I was simply responding to this guys thread.