Who builds civic trannys? - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Engine Building

Old 06-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #21
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ws6_david View Post
If someone built a auto that could withstand power I'm sure more people would use them... 2 srt-4 went low 9s at norwalk during sport compact nationals... Maybe with an auto trans fwd cars could find traction
Fella, no one's denying the reasoning and purpose behind an automatic transmission. It's the fact that no one does it with Hondas, probably for good reason. Just because someone ran 6's with a twin turb'd Mustang, doesn't mean people should twin turb a Tempo.

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #22
Grand National Propain
Plays With Fire

Grand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
I don't, not worth it. Honda doesn't use planetary gears, basically just a separate clutch pack for each gear.
I thought I remembered you saying that you didn't. My offer still stands ,if he can find the parts, ill assemble it for the Lol's
Grand National Propain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #23
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ws6_david View Post
If someone built a auto that could withstand power I'm sure more people would use them... 2 srt-4 went low 9s at norwalk during sport compact nationals... Maybe with an auto trans fwd cars could find traction
shut

the

fuck

up

Old 06-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #24
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Also, stock convertor stalls at 2800 rpm, the Level 10 unit for $$$$, 2900 rpm.

You'd best off going with a smaller unit from a 86-87 Civic/Accord, redrilled bolt pattern, but then you are looking at $1000 and maybe 3500-3800 rpm stall, but no lockup.

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #25
bestracing
Someone took my Swingline

bestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura about
I'd rather spend a few hundred and be like the rest than spend a few thousand and be constantly broke.

Research, RESEARCH, RESEARCH When you build a car everything needs to work together, Not just build a tranny for 400hp. There's more to it, like power band, gear ratios, and such.

Want a fast Honda that will get (some) traction? Modify the chassis, make it RWD and drop a LSx motor in it :D

1986 Trans Am - just for cruising and having fun
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #26
DonnieTsunami
out of the game

DonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestracing View Post
Want a fast Honda that will get (some) traction? Modify the chassis, make it RWD and drop a LSx motor in it :D
or get the fuck rid of the honda?

Fucking Ricers
DonnieTsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #27
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieTuscani View Post
or get the fuck rid of the honda?
Says the guy with the fwd tiburon.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #28
DonnieTsunami
out of the game

DonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
Says the guy with the fwd tiburon.
lol is there a rwd tiburon i dont know about?
DonnieTsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #29
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Joey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
He'll weld it up for ya and tell Anthony to tune it..

She's back.
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #30
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
Quote:
yeah, it's called a genisis.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #31
ullBsorry
You all make me laugh

ullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the roughullBsorry is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Which is called a Genisis and not a Tiburon idiot.
At least this idiot gets it
ullBsorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #32
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Oh you guys mean the Hyundai Genesis?

Old 06-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #33
dre5491
I Haz Slow.

dre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nice
Quote:
There is a log out button to the top right of the screen. Can you please click that and never come back to the site?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #34
shiftdrift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre5491 View Post
There is a log out button to the top right of the screen. Can you please click that and never come back to the site?
Only if you eat some buckshot
Old 06-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #35
dre5491
I Haz Slow.

dre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nicedre5491 is just really nice
Quote:
Only if you eat some buckshot
Come on big boy let me see what ya got. You're dumbass would show up with a spoon while I'm holding a 12 gauge in my hands.
dre5491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #36
02ws6_david
brokedick ricer

02ws6_david will become famous soon enough02ws6_david will become famous soon enough02ws6_david will become famous soon enough
Quote:
<div class="pre-quote">
Quote de <strong>02ws6_david</strong>
</div>

<div class="post-quote">
<div style="font-style:italic">If someone built a auto that could withstand power I'm sure more people would use them... 2 srt-4 went low 9s at norwalk during sport compact nationals... Maybe with an auto trans fwd cars could find traction</div>
</div>shut<br>
<br>
the<br>
<br>
fuck<br>
<br>
up
Eat

Shit

Ricer....
02ws6_david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #37
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Joey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura aboutJoey has a spectacular aura about
Quote fail ^ lol
Old 06-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #38
02ws6_david
brokedick ricer

02ws6_david will become famous soon enough02ws6_david will become famous soon enough02ws6_david will become famous soon enough
iPhone fail
02ws6_david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #39
Joey
D-Bag Mode On!

Ah.. you should use "tapatalk" lol

or "smackasackswinger"
Old 06-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #40
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre5491 View Post
Come on big boy let me see what ya got. You're dumbass would show up with a spoon while I'm holding a 12 gauge in my hands.
Look at devin acting like a css og. Need to work on the jokes though first
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote