Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 08-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
bdrx-7

bdrx-7 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bdrx-7
What would happen?
Question for you ky people.
I just inherited a 67 beetle from my grandparents that passed away and I need to drive it down to georgetown ky. Car is not titled in my name yet as that's why I gotta take it down there.
Car hasn't been titled since 1980. What would happen if a cop pulled me over for expired tags? I have insurance on it and the orignal title. I would rather pay the fine then the tow bill to Georgetown from Newport.
bdrx-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
Why does the car need to go?
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
bdrx-7

Car is titled in Ohio. I need to get both my aunt and uncle to sign the title over and an inspection.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
go to the dmv tomorrow with proof of insurance and the vehicle info. they'll issue you a 30day tag for like $5
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
Get them to sign the title then get the car inspected up here. No reason for it to be driven there?
Old 08-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
bdrx-7

I just want to drive it. Guess I better be safe then sorry.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to srt21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEL SLW View Post
go to the dmv tomorrow with proof of insurance and the vehicle info. they'll issue you a 30day tag for like $5
Lady told me to Fuck off when i tried this.
srt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #8
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
Just drive it? If you get pulled, explain the situation. If the officer doesn't need to die in a fire from heat activated aids (and you dont have warrants) you'll be fine.

Or just do what everyone in the ghetto does: cardboard with "tag applied for" in the plate bracket.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #9
ritalin
Warhawk

ritalin has a spectacular aura aboutritalin has a spectacular aura aboutritalin has a spectacular aura aboutritalin has a spectacular aura aboutritalin has a spectacular aura aboutritalin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to ritalin Send a message via Yahoo to ritalin
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt21 View Post
Lady told me to Fuck off when i tried this.
She was probably bleeding.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #10
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Pay me a competitive rate to tow it? :-)

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #11
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
Take a plate from a vehicle in your name add it into the back window. If they pull you over explain the situation
Ampypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #12
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

^^^ fictitious tag is worse than no registration.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #13
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
f you wanna run bad tags at least get a 1967 plate, that way you look like a historical vehicle.

out of date or no tags is way better than wrong tags.

Now for as to what could happen. $175 tow bill and $25 a day storage bill for it getting impounded then you needing a ride home.

Get tags for it if you're gonna drive it.

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #14
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisor View Post
^^^ fictitious tag is worse than no registration.
I have been told by more than 5 different officers that having it as an additional one is the best. Leave the old tag on the car, but display the other one. They can pull all of your info that way, before any need to pull you over.
Ampypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #15
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
Drive it backwards fast as possible.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt21 View Post
Drive it backwards fast as possible.
It's a 67 beetle.. that's like 30 mph...

I'm surprised to hear that, Ampy.. I have heard quite a few times that having the wrong plates is much worse than no plates. I guess it depends on the cop and their interpretation..

Last edited by leetfade; 08-27-2012 at 09:01 AM..
leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #17
srt21
I FASTR

So it'll go faster backwards then it'll go forward.... Interesting, have any of the newer vw guys tried this?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #18
vortech96ta
LSx

vortech96ta will become famous soon enoughvortech96ta will become famous soon enoughvortech96ta will become famous soon enoughvortech96ta will become famous soon enough
For a fee the sheriff will come to you and inspect it also.
vortech96ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #19
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
isn't there a guy on here who will tow it for $60 or somethign crazy cheap like that?
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
OH and KY have very different laws when it comes to license plates. In ky it is illegal to have any plate visible, and that you are better off driving with no plates, than with plates from another vehicle. Provided you valve all the paperwork with you showing new ownership in the event that you get pulled over.

As for what I said earlier, before I bought my Z06 ... From texas. I went to the DMV in covington, showed the lady my insurance and gave her the vehicles info and that was all she needed to give me a 30day temp tag.
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote