my stupid car, and stupid swap. - Page 3 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Media Center

Old 07-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #41
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
it will get done. id like to have it on the road before winter, but if not, it should be out next spring with some nice new shoes. its a lot of work, but i think it will move along at an ok pace.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #42
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
started removing the rattle can paint from the engine bay tonight, which is a pita also. i used goof off and acetone to get the spray paint off, and it leaves the original engine bay paint. i dont want to paint over crap paint. ill post some progress pics tomorrow when i do more work.
BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:09 AM   #43
Jutze
Banned

Jutze is on a distinguished roadJutze is on a distinguished road
Quit taking credit for the work mastaflash does on your car, it's very unbecoming of you.
Jutze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #44
BTM

haha, get outta here fool.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #45
BTM

just because i apparently love to torture myself, i figured i might as well do a wire tuck to eliminate the fuse and relay boxes from the engine bay.

this is the front body harness laid out. first step is to unloom the harness and figure make some sense of harness location and connectors. then i will eliminate wired from the harness that are not needed such as auto trans, ac, cruise control. after that junk is eliminated ill have to reroute, relocate, lengthen and shorten wires.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #46
SPDDMNVR4
CSS regular

SPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the rough
A+ work dude. When I get out of college, I plan on doing this to the VR4. You give me hope for my future.

Your car is going to be show car status when your done. That's probably your vision for it anyway, I would suspect.
@ 14 psi: 12.9 @ 109 New clutch & 14 psi: 12.74 @ 113
SPDDMNVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:57 PM   #47
BTM

i have ideas of what i want the car to be and look like. im not sure it would be a show car status, but im trying to do everything well and make everything simple and clean. the reason for the wire tuck isnt only looks, its to simplify the electrical system, reduce unused circuits, and reduce weight.

im not sure how nissan managed to make the wiring systems on these basic cars so complex.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #48
SPDDMNVR4
CSS regular

SPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the rough
Regardless, you're doing it the right way and taking your time. It will look good in the end.

LOL @ the wiring comment. Imagine how I feel. Wiring for the active aero, all wheel steer, active suspension, and all the individual G sensors and computers that control everything.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing progress pictures.
SPDDMNVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #49
Wolf13
1,000 posts club

Wolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura about
why do you like that pile of junk so much . . . (figured I'd start the ball rolling since this great is so clean . . need to get like 8 pages of bickering to make it have awesome status!!) just guy a C6 or something!
Wolf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #50
BTM

its my car. gotta take care of it.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #51
BTM

made a bit more progress on the harness. so far 10 pounds of wire removed from systems that are no longer needed. fog lights, cruise control, defrister, blower, ac, radio amp, rear wiper, power antenna, power seat belts... it all adds up.

the harness size has been reduced a lot also, which makes it easier on the eyes and easier to hide/route since i dont plan on running a full interior.

not a lot of progress but i probably have about 8 hours in this harness work already. crap just takes forever.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #52
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Jesse
You're going to make mine look bad.... keep up the good work brent.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #53
LittleRed
Shift_Mazda

LittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really niceLittleRed is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to LittleRed
damn man looking good!! keep up with the pics and progress!

Old turbo rx-7
miata in progress
dodge aries dd
06 mazdaspeed 6
xbl game tag:littlered1988
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #54
projectxmatt

projectxmatt is on a distinguished road
Looks good man, i know when we went through the harness on a friends dsm we cut out a combined weight of 12lbs of wiring from the chassis, engine, and interior harnesses. It does make things a lot nicer and easier to manage after you put in the work.

---Restoring--- | --- The Beater ---
projectxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #55
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
Looks like chad's rat nest... you going to give up too?

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #56
BTM

i dont intend to give up.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #57
DonnieTsunami
out of the game

DonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
i dont intend to give up.

Fucking Ricers
DonnieTsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #58
BTM

thanks. now i just need 999 more.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #59
DonnieTsunami
out of the game

DonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
thanks. now i just need 999 more.
well completion of said build is worth 999...

*watch out for the "awshits"
DonnieTsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #60
Red Sleeper
All time 4x4

Red Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Red Sleeper
Looks stupid.
Red Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote