Question for the engine swap guys - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Interior & Exterior Mods

Old 06-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
Xero
Waste of Space

Xero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really nice
Question for the engine swap guys
For those of you who have swapped big engines into small engine bays and have had issues with heat transfer into the cabin, especially around the footwell area, under the dash and around the center console:

any advice on dealing with excessive heat in the cabin area?

I am going to try to heat shield as much as I can between the car and engine, but I have very little room. Is there anything that may work under the carpet that may absorb some of the heat? I don't mind some heat, but I am dealing with some major temperatures, here. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
Header wrap? Could it be your trans that is getting hot?
Old 06-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
wear boots not sandals?
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Send a message via AIM to push
I looked around when I wanted to get rid of some heat the transfer to the cabin on long drives/when the car is driven harder and it seems like a lot of 'vette guys use the below:

http://www.koolmat.com/

and

http://www.low-e.com/application/app...ame=Automotive
Old 06-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
Xero
Waste of Space

Xero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really nice
Perfect ideas, guys! Thanks!

And, Jeff, I think it is everything under there getting hot. Just small space and big, hot moving parts.
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
If ya pull the carpet up, check home depot or lowes for some house insulation. I think there is stuff made to keep heat out. That. May be a cheap fix
Ampypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Send a message via AIM to push
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampypants View Post
If ya pull the carpet up, check home depot or lowes for some house insulation. I think there is stuff made to keep heat out. That. May be a cheap fix
They do but it's mostly asphalt based, which can potentially cause an odor.
push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
Xero
Waste of Space

I provide enough odor of my own, thank you.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #9
Ampypants
Man whore club

Quote:
Originally Posted by push View Post
They do but it's mostly asphalt based, which can potentially cause an odor.
Very true, just trying to be a cheap ricer lol

I think that was the stuff they used to use before dynamat hit the market.
Ampypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #10
evil8
Meatcurtains

evil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to all
Planning on burning another vehicle to the ground?

xtremeoutlawseries.com
evil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #11
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
Hahahahaha
whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #12
schrags
CSS regular

schrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the roughschrags is a jewel in the rough
Dei reflect a gold
schrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #13
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil8 View Post
+ rep
Old 06-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #14
Facemelter
Car has stuff

Facemelter is on a distinguished roadFacemelter is on a distinguished road
I remember talking to the guy behind the counter at Areoquip a couple years ago. We were talking about a carpet like material he had there that was some type of beige woven nomex type material. He said alot of people put it under there carpet where they have alot of heat. If you called him,he would probly know what your talking about.

TONIGHT! On Unsolved Mysteries.
We Find out who still gives a shit about BigFoot.
Facemelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #15
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
http://www.fortune-auto.net/reflectivefoil.htm

Let me know and I can get you some.
leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
jdubya
MPG What?

jdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetfade View Post
http://www.fortune-auto.net/reflectivefoil.htm

Let me know and I can get you some.
Keeps my mani cool.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #17
Xero
Waste of Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil8 View Post
That just made Baby Jesus cry, you bastard.