Is it so tru that vitara pistons work in d series? - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Engine Tech

Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
k20 steve
CSS newbie

k20 steve is on a distinguished road
Is it so tru that vitara pistons work in d series?
ok so i havent been on here in a lil while but i have a odd qeustion? ok i know a thing or to about my hondas but not a whole lot of d series never thrilled me, beyond the point tho i actually just got a 4x4 unit its a suzuki vitara. now it doesnt have really any power but i wana put some money in it, but no one makes anything for them engine wise. So i guess what i wana know is can i put d series pistons in this vitara or does neither one of them not have a thing to do with one another? it would be cool if i could get some info thank u
k20 steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
VtecFreePrelude
Who cares what this says

VtecFreePrelude will become famous soon enoughVtecFreePrelude will become famous soon enoughVtecFreePrelude will become famous soon enoughVtecFreePrelude will become famous soon enough
yes. its somewhat involved i think. not sure though
search on a more honda friendly site and youll get answers...

you know there arent a lot of show out there that can segway from skull f*cking polar bears- jon stewart
VtecFreePrelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Hey steve glad you stopped back for some eat shit ricer.

coolnick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
2Slo3oh
CSS newbie

2Slo3oh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnick View Post
Hey steve glad you stopped back for some eat shit ricer.
How can you say that after he worked hard to properly punctuate and type a nice coherent paragraph? haha
2Slo3oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
DOHC WHAT
KLR1CAM

DOHC WHAT is on a distinguished road
Check this site out http://www.d-series.org

www.IronRockOffroad.com
DOHC WHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
D pistons won't fit into a Vitara motor with out machine work and the chamber design is wrong.

DSO's #1 post whore :)

If you want power out of that Suzuki, put a turbo on it. The replacement Vitaras are good for 400 whp or more.

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 AM   #7
gemballa996t
1,000 posts club

gemballa996t has a spectacular aura aboutgemballa996t has a spectacular aura aboutgemballa996t has a spectacular aura aboutgemballa996t has a spectacular aura aboutgemballa996t has a spectacular aura aboutgemballa996t has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to gemballa996t
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Slo3oh View Post
How can you say that after he worked hard to properly punctuate and type a nice coherent paragraph? haha
I see what you did there.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
Ackbar00
Admiral of the Smack Talk!

Ackbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the rough
Klaatu Vitara Nikto!

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWagon
It only means that you'll be the last one standing when everyone else shakes their head in shame and walks away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BES_Stroked_Nova View Post
camaro's junk. buy a mustang.

Click here, to see the funniest thing on the internet.
Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
DOHC WHAT
KLR1CAM

DOHC WHAT is on a distinguished road
My bad thought you were wanting to put vitara pistons in a d-series.
DOHC WHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
k20 steve
CSS newbie

yea i thot about do a small pound turbo set up but who makes a manifold? i dont think i have the most popular trail rig here
Old 09-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #11
CASANOVA
Just the Tip...

CASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by k20 steve View Post
ok so i havent been on here in a lil while but i have a odd qeustion? ok i know a thing or to about my hondas but not a whole lot of d series never thrilled me, beyond the point tho i actually just got a 4x4 unit its a suzuki vitara. now it doesnt have really any power but i wana put some money in it, but no one makes anything for them engine wise. So i guess what i wana know is can i put d series pistons in this vitara or does neither one of them not have a thing to do with one another? it would be cool if i could get some info thank u
Quote:
yea i thot about do a small pound turbo set up but who makes a manifold? i dont think i have the most popular trail rig here

It all makes sense now...
Old 09-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #12
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
fats-er on here can make you a turbo set up for 2 grand.....just sayin

Racing from a roll is like beating off...sure its fun but its not the real thing.
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #13
k20 steve
CSS newbie

yea that may be a lil much for my budget its really just a off road truck
Old 09-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #14
.vtec.
It's a joke^^^

.vtec. is on a distinguished road.vtec. is on a distinguished road
Give someone a few hundred doll hairs to make you a manifold, and run a baby dick turbo right into your I/M, and go to town.

Although, if you want to actually have a real rig, it is going to take way more fabrication than it sounds like you are capable of, so you should probably just take it through a few mud puddles, and bust off doughnuts, until you blow it up or flip it.

Off topic but bone, you are a post whore on DSO. Lol. I should be posting my build thread up on that forum here soon though!
.vtec. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #15
k20 steve
CSS newbie

its nearly the same thing as a samurai and those do pretty good but im sure u knew that tho sounds like u know alot
Old 09-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #16
.vtec.
It's a joke^^^

.vtec. is on a distinguished road.vtec. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
its nearly the same thing as a samurai and those do pretty good but im sure u knew that tho sounds like u know alot
Yeah, a solid axle swap with low gears and 33's would be my first step. You don't need tons of power to wheel. I wouldn't worry about trying to make a bunch of power or anything. Sami's and Trackers do so well because they are tiny and will go anywhere.
.vtec. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #17
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by .vtec. View Post
Off topic but bone, you are a post whore on DSO. Lol. I should be posting my build thread up on that forum here soon though!
only 40,000 posts in eight years.
Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote