fuuuuuu...who has a impact gun - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Interior & Exterior Mods

Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
fuuuuuu...who has a impact gun
So td wouldn't install the wheels on the e30 because they came to close to rubbing (16x8). So had the fuckers reinstall the stockers. Well now I can't get the last damn lugs off after installing three of the wheels because they torqued them down to hard. Even with a 18" breaker bar. Anyone have a an impact that can pop this lug for me tonight? Def don't want to take all three wheels back off
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
did you try standing on the breaker bar and kind of jumping? works lol. hopefully they didn't strip it.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah did that haha. I'm gonna buy a 24" bb and take a wack at it.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
SPDDMNVR4
CSS regular

SPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the rough
Use a pipe on the end of the bar for leverage? That's what I do
SPDDMNVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
Schoopenhimer
-5000Points IRL

Schoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these parts
Leverage is no match for an impact gun. Just use your head, you'll either break something catastrophically or you will get the nut off. ;)
Schoopenhimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
96eclipse
1,000 posts club

96eclipse is on a distinguished road96eclipse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 96eclipse
I have a battery impact that would work. lmk if that helps
96eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

Ok sheared a ratchet (husky). I'm just gonna stop at tire place in the morn and have them break them. Fyi td on 747 are retards.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
96eclipse
1,000 posts club

Yeah I have heard that before. Just let me know if I can help. Also if all else fales just stop by my store. I'll take car of it
Old 06-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #9
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96eclipse View Post
Yeah I have heard that before. Just let me know if I can help. Also if all else fales just stop by my store. I'll take car of it
Thanks again for coming out at 10pm to do this. Although we forgot one of the lugs, or its still to hard to get off with me using a bb

I give up for the night. So Ill just stop at Bob Summeral or something in the morning.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincySVT View Post
We need to talk to push, but always down for hooters. Nobody can be mad with wings, beer, and titties in their face
Old 06-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #10
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
I'd be willing to bet one got cross threaded and they just banged it on with the impact anyways. There is no reason a lug nut would be that tight.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #11
96eclipse
1,000 posts club

It's probably that same one that was a pain to get off, just go by the tire Discounters on Galbraith. They will take care of it
Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #12
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Probably didn't "torque" anything down, just hit it with the impact for way too long.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #13
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Jeff View Post
Probably didn't "torque" anything down, just hit it with the impact for way too long.
They actually didnt take the wheels off, just two (which I got off fine). But when I left I asked them to loosen all the lugs so I can pull the wheels at my house. Obviously they didnt
Old 06-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #14
Schoopenhimer
-5000Points IRL

Schoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these partsSchoopenhimer is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
one got cross threaded and they just banged it on with the impact anyways.
This.

Hence the phrase: "The tightest thread is a cross thread."
Schoopenhimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #15
Grand National Propain
Plays With Fire

Grand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really nice
Cross thread is better than loc-tite!
Grand National Propain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #16
Bret86944
CSS newbie

Bret86944 is on a distinguished road
I've got a big ass breaker bar I use for loosening lug nuts. I don't know what I would do without it. Otherwise you can just use a floor jack to push up on your 18" breaker bar. I've had to do that on a couple caliper bolts before.

Side note: don't ever tighten a locking wheel lug with a big breaker bar. You won't be able to take it off without stripping it. I know from experience...

Side side note: My big breaker bar can loosen lug nuts that my impact gun has no chance of loosening. I guess not all impacts are equal.

Last edited by Bret86944; 06-16-2011 at 09:28 AM..
Bret86944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #17
dsmgod24
1,000 posts club

dsmgod24 is on a distinguished road
First of all, no wheel should be installed with a impact or a breaker bar. Get the lugs snug, then torque to specs with a torque wrench. Sounds like you have a cross threaded nut or you need to get a breaker bar like stated and get a pipe on the end of it. You can't generate any more power than that combo unless you have a impact like we have at work that costs 20k and goes up to 12,000ft lbs of torque.
dsmgod24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #18
fallout
Lurks Mostly

fallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to fallout
Yea anytime i've had trouble with a lug using a tire iron or something i've used the lever from my floor jack (removed its just a heavy steel pipe basically) on the end of the wrench to get it off. I'm no expert but i'd say that using a carefully applied amount of power from a breaker bar is better than just jumping on a tire iron, lol. The reason I say this is that i've broken a wheel key before jumping on the tire iron trying to get a tuner lug free, split right down one of the splines. Now maybe on a normal lug with just the wrench on the lug it would be fine but i'm definitely never jumping on a wrench with a wheel key over the lug again. Seems like it's easier for it to go out of whack and break something since the wrench gets further from the nut with the wheel key on it.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #19
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
Bring it to us, we will get that fucker off!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #20
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmgod24 View Post
First of all, no wheel should be installed with a impact or a breaker bar.
It must take you a really long time to change wheels.

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote