Final rules and payouts for Supra Dyno Day. - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Toyota / Scion Discussion

Old 09-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #21
Ohiosupramonster
CSS newbie

Ohiosupramonster is on a distinguished road
First of all I know that a Ws6 trans am is a V8 just showing that there will V8's there. Second I don't own this dyno I renting it for $100 an hour so if I don't get 3 cars on the dyno a hour I'm fucked. Sure Cincy Speed can have free admission because they have winnings, they own the dyno, free advertisement for them, and they have paid for the dyno multiple times over. Third this is why I posted it in the Toyota section and not in the general event section. Forth the food is going to be sold at practically cost .50 cents for pop $1 for hot dog.
Ohiosupramonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #22
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmawd350 View Post
I wasnt calling your car shitty timothy.
well I am....
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #23
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiosupramonster View Post
First of all I know that a Ws6 trans am is a V8 just showing that there will V8's there. Second I don't own this dyno I renting it for $100 an hour so if I don't get 3 cars on the dyno a hour I'm fucked. Sure Cincy Speed can have free admission because they have winnings, they own the dyno, free advertisement for them, and they have paid for the dyno multiple times over. Third this is why I posted it in the Toyota section and not in the general event section. Forth the food is going to be sold at practically cost .50 cents for pop $1 for hot dog.
Sounds like you should have done the smart thing and rented the dyno "per car" not "per hour" then.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #24
dsmawd350
6.x liter

dsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to dsmawd350
not how it works... almost every shop I've read about rents the dyno for 100/hr
dsmawd350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #25
Blue99fbody
zip em up!

Blue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Blue99fbody
hmm bunch of dyno queens 30 sec from the house.... ill be waiting outside with a video camera and my car when this lets out, looking to wax some ass.

how many cars do you have commited? And what kind of dyno do they have? maybe i will compare cincys numbers to theirs.

98 SS m6
99 Z28 nbm m6
09 Trailblazer SS
11 silverado ccsb 6.2
03 ZX-6R 636
01 ktm 300exc
32' baja twin 454s
www.dolce-vita-photography.com

Last edited by Blue99fbody; 09-23-2009 at 03:31 PM..
Blue99fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #26
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
BTW, if it is not clear, I am just talking shit no real problem at all

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #27
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
Normally when a shop does a dyno day, they use entry money to pay the winners prize. Since these dudes dont' have a shop, they're renting the dyno. Hence why they need additional money to pay for the dyno rental. I get the idea, I just think its a bad one. Nobody is going to show up just to watch for $5. Thats Kemtarded and Fucktarded all at once.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #28
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmawd350 View Post
not how it works... almost every shop I've read about rents the dyno for 100/hr
Sounds like your negotiation skills are as poor as the OP's. Every dyno day I've set up was a set fee per car for a set number of pulls.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #29
dsmawd350
6.x liter

dsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to dsmawd350
good call genius. that was because it was a shop putting it on. what are they going to do rent the dyno out to themselves? This guy is a private party renting a shops dyno. then charging people for pulls...
dsmawd350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #30
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

re-read what I said dingus. I don't own a dyno. I contacted a shop (twice to be exact) and said I want to set up a dyno day. After some discussion, we settled upon charging "per car" not "per hour".

Here's the reason why. As a shop owner, fuck yea, you want to charge per hour....you can strap cars down and run them as slow as you want to milk money out of them. Whereas if you charge per car, you strap them down, run them and get them off, then move on to the next car as quick as possible. Therefore more cars get dyno'd and they get more money or if there aren't a lot of cars, they get done early and go home.