thinking bout getting a new wrx - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 12-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
01blackws6

01blackws6 is on a distinguished road
thinking bout getting a new wrx
Well I have been looking at the new wrxs and I'm stuck on making a decision. They seem like they are reasonably priced. I like the hatch and the sedan. Just looking for some feedback from you guys, I know there are some subi guys on here please chime in!
01blackws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
The 09+'s seem to run really good, mid to low 13's stock.

I've always thought Subes were nice cars/daily drivers. I'd say if you were looking for a race car, other things may be better, obviously.

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Sean
Wife's Car

Sean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sean
I'd go for it. They seem pretty stout stock. I'd love to throw the z in the trash and have one
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
01blackws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
The 09+'s seem to run really good, mid to low 13's stock.

I've always thought Subes were nice cars/daily drivers. I'd say if you were looking for a race car, other things may be better, obviously.
This would be my everday car.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
ej1bmx
Haz 0 El Es Ex

ej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to beholdej1bmx is a splendid one to behold
My buddy has an 09 sedan that I drove back from Cleveland last night. It was super nice! Makes me want to actually make payments on something. He said he averages 25mpg with a mix of highway and city driving.
ej1bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
01blackws6

Ya I read nothing but great reviews on them. I need to go up and test drive one.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
So do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #8
Tuned200
Small Boost.

Tuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really nice
As Mike said the 09+ runs very well. Basically the same turbo as the STI with a different compressor housing, and a slightly different motor.

I would say go for it. Great DD potential. We have kicked around the idea of trading in our LGT for one.

2006 Subaru Forester XT 5 Speed
2007 Subaru Forester STI 6 Speed
2008 Suzuki Blvd.
Tuned200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #9
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jfisher Send a message via MSN to jfisher
Josh, for the money, I think there's a lot better out there.

2013 Cruze Eco 1.4T 6MT
1993 Mustang
2007 Yamaha R1
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #10
bgwillyis300
Twisties ADDICT

bgwillyis300 is on a distinguished roadbgwillyis300 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bgwillyis300
i love it as a daily. Im more fond of the hatches.
-05 Yamaha Raptor 660r (Trail beater)

2007 Lotus Exige S Aspen White---Sold :(

04' Turbo Lexus IS300---SOLD--And buyer Totalled the car:( :(
MODIFIED-MAG feature-OCT>06'
bgwillyis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #11
Sean
Wife's Car

Sean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher View Post
Josh, for the money, I think there's a lot better out there.
Elaborate?
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #12
01blackws6

Well I am keeping the Trans Am no matter what. I am driving a 03 lincoln ls right now with only 50k miles on it and would like to get rid of it soon when I can still make a decent amount of money off of it because I do not plan and never had keeping it. I was looking at some new jeep cherokees but changed my mind on that because of bad reviews and I would be paying a shit load of money on gas. I really do not see anything that the wrx can compare with regarding to durability and price. I dont want to get ahead of myself, my next steps would be to sell the LS then start looking for a nice pre-owned 09 (if i can find one). I think i would lean towards a hatch.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
sxShep
Hamster Assassin

sxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sxShep
I saw a new lowered WRX today... That thing looked sexah!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #14
IRONBULL
family guy

IRONBULL will become famous soon enoughIRONBULL will become famous soon enoughIRONBULL will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to IRONBULL
I like those new 2010 Limited models myself.............
IRONBULL is offline   Reply With Quote