Genesis Coupe eh?! - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 01-30-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
Genesis Coupe eh?!
figured i'd start a new thread on this, since some people have been talking about it as of late, and even myself i've been looking into them more.

so far there's been plenty of online debate on exactly how similar the engine is to the evo X. which i find pretty interesting. especially if it's just a reflash/injectors/fmic/small turbo away from being 300whp

some decent videos with more info
KBB - First Look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Z3BXcISF0
V6 w/aftermarket exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Nwq0cWeuQ
dyno of 4cyl with a 30r kit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_UN0cvXr7g
Rhys Millen doing some of that jdm slidy stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNKDnZtf-Ws
Motortrend behind the scenes of upcoming Super Bowl commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNKDnZtf-Ws

so it seems that hyundai is making a turn for the better. slowly turning their image to higher quality cars at cheaper prices.

will this car be a step ahead, or another POS like some of their cars were 10 years ago?

i for one hope the phrase "it's still a hyundai" wont apply.

DISCUSS
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
i'd have to say i really like the way they look too.

nice interior

except for the engine bay.. it's not appealing at all
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
I like it alot. It's very G35/Gcoupe like in appearance, which is a plus for sure.

The only downside of this car, is DonnieDouchcani somehow thinks this will make his gay ass Tib cool.

RIP - Vinny, Hotrod, Ahmed, Blacklist...
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
S14Daver
CSS adict

S14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to S14Daver
I'd rock one in a heartbeat.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #5
toyocam9805
Futbol Ricer

toyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to toyocam9805

Definitely would love to have the HKS version (minus the two tone F&F Riceboy fresh interior, should've just did black with red stitch and all black panels)
Old 01-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Those are pretty tight. I want one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
4DooR_SuprA
Fancy Lancer

4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice
That exhaust in the dyno vid was sick! I like them. Plus sharing the 4b11 motor I am sure it will get some love from companies to make go fast parts just like the evo x. Although I am not exactly sure how much the two motors have in common. It could end up being just the name and having a bunch of different parts as they did with the 2jzge and 2jzgTe
4DooR_SuprA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
I dunno, I'm not completely sold.. I'm not a huge fan of the style.. I actually think it looks kind if plain. The one with the body kit is 'ok', but then who wants to rice out a car just to like it.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #9
Sean
Wife's Car

Sean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sean
I would get one if I could dope shit for sure..
Old 01-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
toyocam9805
Futbol Ricer

toyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to alltoyocam9805 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoofersnet View Post
I dunno, I'm not completely sold.. I'm not a huge fan of the style.. I actually think it looks kind if plain. The one with the body kit is 'ok', but then who wants to rice out a car just to like it.
www.cincinnatistreetracing.com
toyocam9805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
Boosted Dan
Turbo + AWD = the best

Boosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Boosted Dan
With the motor sitting sideways it has a better fmic piping route, on the evo it goes across the motor bay(from driver side to behind the passenger headlight). Also now it would be easier for the evo guys to make the evoX rwd if this trans is any good.
Boosted Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #12
blacklist

blacklist has a spectacular aura aboutblacklist has a spectacular aura aboutblacklist has a spectacular aura aboutblacklist has a spectacular aura aboutblacklist has a spectacular aura aboutblacklist has a spectacular aura aboutblacklist has a spectacular aura about
cool car. i just dont like the hood ornament.
blacklist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #13
t2fastalon
2,000 posts club

t2fastalon has a spectacular aura aboutt2fastalon has a spectacular aura aboutt2fastalon has a spectacular aura aboutt2fastalon has a spectacular aura aboutt2fastalon has a spectacular aura aboutt2fastalon has a spectacular aura aboutt2fastalon has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to t2fastalon
http://buschurforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49
Old 01-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
S14Daver
CSS adict

S14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to S14Daver
Holy fuck, glanced at a thread in there and saw a curb weight of ~3400?!? Someone that isn't lazy like me verify this lol.
S14Daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #15
Boosted Dan
Turbo + AWD = the best

Boosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Boosted Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2fastalon View Post
Well looks like I will be seeing this car in its own class this year at the dsm/evo shootout, the first year will probably be small just like the evoX class was last year.
Boosted Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #16
Xplorer
CSS regular

Xplorer has a spectacular aura aboutXplorer has a spectacular aura aboutXplorer has a spectacular aura aboutXplorer has a spectacular aura aboutXplorer has a spectacular aura aboutXplorer has a spectacular aura about
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/3...i-Genesis.html

Says 4005.8 Lbs with a 53/47 weight distribution
Old 01-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #17
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
The front of that thing is fugly! Is Hyundai ever going to stop doing a half ass job of ripping other car styles off? Everyone of their cars looks like a bad imitation of some other popular car imo. This car looks like a Camry and 350Z had drunken sex and a failed abortion.

9.7@139.5 with the v6

Update: Turbo LSbandwagon build in process
WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #18
ItalianDave
16,500 whaaa?

ItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of lightItalianDave is a glorious beacon of light
not too shabby. but with that kind of weight? eep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post

Says 4005.8 Lbs with a 53/47 weight distribution
Old 01-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #19
toyocam9805
Futbol Ricer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteT View Post
The front of that thing is fugly! Is Hyundai ever going to stop doing a half ass job of ripping other car styles off? Everyone of their cars looks like a bad imitation of some other popular car imo. This car looks like a Camry and 350Z had drunken sex and a failed abortion.
Ha good eye!
toyocam9805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:56 PM   #20
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyocam9805 View Post
Ha good eye!

WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote