New PB in the '55 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 10-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
Speed Kills
SYR

Speed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Speed Kills
New PB in the '55
Well I'll fall is suit, the air's starting to come around now....

No excuses, but I was driving the stripe a fair amount on this (rapped it twice, pushed the brake pedal pretty hard). But hey, that's bracket racing...

60' - 1.485
1/8 - 6.85 @ 98.9
1/4 - 10.86 @ 120.2

Only thing I've touched on the car was the ignition, since my Mallory box went bad. Replaced the Hi-Fire IV/Blaster 2 with a 7AL2 and a Pro-Power coil.

For the newbs, it's a pump gas, 9.5:1 compression 496, box stock Iron Eagle heads, .540 hyd. roller cam, Eagle rotating assembly, 10" 3500 RPM stall, built TH400 trans, Moser 9" with 3.70 gears and locker, BONE STOCK suspension w/CalTrac traction bars, 28x10.5 slicks, Marathon 93 octane. Leaving off the footbrake @ 2900 RPM, and the car weighs right at 3600 lbs.

"...I'm just not in the habit of seein' the Chevy work against a two-bit piece of junk..."

'99 Sportychop, '86 Jetta GLTD, '63 Comet, '55 Chivvy.
Speed Kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
Bimmer
Sobriety FTW

Bimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura aboutBimmer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer
Nice numbers!

Extremely nice 60
Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #3
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
Nice Ian. Is that the first time it was in the 1.4X 60' range?

9.7@139.5 with the v6

Update: Turbo LSbandwagon build in process
WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2007, 07:04 PM   #4
Speed Kills
SYR

Speed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to beholdSpeed Kills is a splendid one to behold
It'd been 1.488 before, end of last year. Was consistently in the 1.49X's at Tri State last sunday too. :)
Old 10-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
Chiovnidca
SOHC Powered

Chiovnidca is on a distinguished road
Good stuff!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Hot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hot Rod
Damn! How much does the Bel Air weigh?

All these new numbers... maybe I should finish my car for next year.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #7
Speed Kills
SYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post
Damn! How much does the Bel Air weigh?

All these new numbers... maybe I should finish my car for next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Kills View Post
Leaving off the footbrake @ 2900 RPM, and the car weighs right at 3600 lbs.
Reading pwns you.

Haha.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #8
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Hot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hot Rod
Quote:
Reading pwns you.

Haha.
hahahaha...
Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:55 PM   #9
CarpeDiem73456
Flip It Offroad

CarpeDiem73456 is a jewel in the roughCarpeDiem73456 is a jewel in the roughCarpeDiem73456 is a jewel in the roughCarpeDiem73456 is a jewel in the roughCarpeDiem73456 is a jewel in the roughCarpeDiem73456 is a jewel in the roughCarpeDiem73456 is a jewel in the roughCarpeDiem73456 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to CarpeDiem73456
nice numbers!
CarpeDiem73456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:46 PM   #10
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol jk

if people only knew how simple your set up was and how much this car has left in it

Racing from a roll is like beating off...sure its fun but its not the real thing.
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #11
Speed Kills
SYR

I finally think it's getting to the end of it's potential now. It MIGHT have a 10.79 pass in it, if the stars would align. MAYBE. As it sits, I'm definitely NOT disappointed, even though the car was on it's was on its way to a 10.84 pass.

The only things left really are a little gearl maybe 4.10's AT THE MOST, and some more suspension word.. Any more gear/convertor (without the suspension, of course) and I think it'd hit the tires too hard and not hook. That, and the shift point bumped a few hundred more RPM.

I'm really afraid to screw with anything to be honest. The car works so well for how dumb of a combination it really is.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 AM   #12
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
Quote:
The car works so well for how dumb of a combination it really is.
i wasnt going to say it lol
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 AM   #13
Speed Kills
SYR

Lol I'll be the first to say it. This wasn't some master planned combo, it was basically saying "well the motor doesn't turn a ton of RPM so we don't need a ton of gear, and the car weighs a lot so we don't need a lot of convertor."

Basically, it fell together out of chance. I'll be the first to tell you it's a dumb, hodge podge combination that by all standards should NEVER even come close to working as well as it does.

Oh well, that's what makes it so fun!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #14
asteinker1

asteinker1 is on a distinguished road
Do you know some young kid with a white nova, the names keith. I work with him, hes always talking about the bel air.
asteinker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #15
Speed Kills
SYR

I've talked to him once or twice down there, pretty sure my friend Jim knows him better than I do. Runs over in Super Pro. Seems like a nice guy.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #16
Speed Kills
SYR

New update as of this morning.....

10.82 @ 121, Kil Kare had someone take out their 60' timers so no times. I'd guess a 1.47. 6.82 @ 99 1/8.

It's got some more left in it obviously....