Scion FRS-- First one off the truck - Page 5 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Toyota / Scion Discussion

Old 07-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #81
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
Someone besides middle aged women drive c55's?
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #82
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned200 View Post
I ran waffles speed3 to mid 14s stock. I would almost bet it would walk on the roll on.
Ill take that bet. Waffles... 40 roll?
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #83
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbowagon View Post
At least i didn't buy a brand new mazda w/ warranty.
Yea, you bought a used 2006 Benz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedH22 View Post
Someone besides middle aged women drive c55's?
Just Dan.
Quote:
Ill take that bet. Waffles... 40 roll?
The car scoots decent from a roll.. but honestly I have no desire to race. I'll just stick to racin' my fingers on the keyboard until I have something that I actually care about bustin' em off with.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #84
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoofersnet View Post
Yea, you bought a used 2006 Benz.
Im ok with that. Lol
Old 07-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #85
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Quote:
Im ok with that. Lol
I like them. My old boss from the mortgage biz had one.. except his wasn't the golden granny color. :P
Old 07-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #86
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to srt21
I love when other people give dan shit!
srt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #87
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Buy $30k car, drop another $7k to make it fast and lose the new car warranty in the process

Now you have a $35-40k car with no powertrain warranty. Might as well have bought a used c6z or something else faster and just as fun/well handling, and without the work/extra cost/time/headache...
Just to clear up a little misinformation in this roasting of the comparisons in this thread:

The fr-s is 24k, not 30

The rx8 is more expensive, even on their low end model

A used c6z is going to cost a hell of a lot more than 24k, and will most likely have no warranty left, along with more expensive parts, and will be beat to shit (if not, the previous owner shouldn't have bought it).

So the option would be to buy a brand new car, that still has the warranty, unless parts break because of the additional parts added.

One thing I find ironic about this whole thread, is that people are trying to pick the car apart to make it seem like an inadequate vehicle to drive. The car would not be right for 99% of people on here, as it has no power. However, there are people that bought the car to enjoy it for waht it is, just a fun sports car to drive.

If you want to compare to similar cars, taht's fine. However, it makes no sense to compare this car to a used c6z, or even an m3, as both cars are over 2x the price of this car, and have most likely been beat to hell by the original owners. It would be like comparing a used gallardo to a new z06 vette. I can tell you which one I would want
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #88
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to srt21
Most people who buy vettes know how to take care of a car and are fairly responsible. I'd much rather have a c5z with under 40k for the same price, that's just me.
srt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #89
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt21 View Post
Most people who buy vettes know how to take care of a car and are fairly responsible. I'd much rather have a c5z with under 40k for the same price, that's just me.
I'm not saying that they weren't well taken care of, but there are plenty of people out there who have more money than brains, who buy the cars, knowing they will be trading them in later in time, and do not care about keeping up the maintinence.

I wouldn't mind having a c5 or c6 vette, and thought about it when I bought this car, but with all the vehicles we have, we would only have 1 with more than 2 seats.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #90
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Hey dum-dum; I never suggested he could get a c6z for 24k or even 30k... Try reading. I said 37k from engine swapping or turbo building... Both of which void a warranty, which I also pointed out.

So comparing a c6z or an engine swapped/built frs (which you do try and make it a fast rwd sports car) is a pretty fair comparison. So try some comprehension before you question me.

Now if the frs is REALLY going for $24k, which I have not seen/heard, then the pricing story is different.

The point is clear, buying one of these to swap an engine or build a big FI kit for, is a dumb move, at this market time that is.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #91
bigwoofersnet
Click.

The one I test drove was 25k.. but the paint was a small $ upgrade.

But LOL at the 2 seat comments. The back seats are non-existent in the FRS.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #92
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

Quote:
Hey dum-dum; I never suggested he could get a c6z for 24k or even 30k... Try reading. I said 37k from engine swapping or turbo building... Both of which void a warranty, which I also pointed out.

So comparing a c6z or an engine swapped/built frs (which you do try and make it a fast rwd sports car) is a pretty fair comparison. So try some comprehension before you question me.

Now if the frs is REALLY going for $24k, which I have not seen/heard, then the pricing story is different.

The point is clear, buying one of these to swap an engine or build a big FI kit for, is a dumb move, at this market time that is.
I bought mine for a little over 24k, so you can. I agree, this car is not meant to make great power. The fact that you were comparing a car that costs $24-25k to a car that you can't touch for less than 15k more as a great deal, should not be a comparison tool. Compared to a regular c6 vette, the vette would still win in almost all aspects. The thing you have to remember is that there are trade-offs for each vehicle you buy
Old 07-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #93
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

Quote:

I don't have kids right now, and had to coax the wife into letting me get anotehr sports car. We have a crv, an austin healey sprite and an old vette that we are able to drive, minus the frs. I knew better than to come home with anotehr 2 seater
Old 07-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #94
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:

You might be able to fit a baby back there. The one I drove had zero room, and I'm 5'7" and 128 pounds.

I can definitely see these cars getting pretty badass once their prices go down in the future, but I'm thinking we might have a "Honda effect" on this one too where the prices will stay high forever just because of ricer tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #95
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Everyone said the Miata was under powered as well, see how that worked out 20+ years later, nearly a million sold worldwide.

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #96
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca Fella Bryan View Post
You might be able to fit a baby back there. The one I drove had zero room, and I'm 5'7" and 128 pounds.

I can definitely see these cars getting pretty badass once their prices go down in the future, but I'm thinking we might have a "Honda effect" on this one too where the prices will stay high forever just because of ricer tax.
I'm not too sure of how badass these cars will get for the most part, but I can tell you they will most likely hold the ricer tax. There's been used ones popping up where people are asking 3-5k over msrp, and they haven't stayed online for more than a week or so.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #97
Tuned200
Small Boost.

Tuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really nice
I saw somewhere that at 4 mega psi on a disco potato (t28) they were making 220whp!!!! Wow, I am almost embarrassed this is a Subaru.

2006 Subaru Forester XT 5 Speed
2007 Subaru Forester STI 6 Speed
2008 Suzuki Blvd.
Tuned200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #98
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned200 View Post
I saw somewhere that at 4 mega psi on a disco potato (t28) they were making 220whp!!!! Wow, I am almost embarrassed this is a Subaru.
That's probably about as high as you could go on a 12.5:1 CR with an engine on non-forged internals. If it's not built, I don't see any more than 250whp with an aftermarket, warranty-voiding turbo kit.

And yes, ask spddmnVR4, I had one priced out perhaps three weeks after introduction for 25k out the door. The finance manager was even willing to give me RETAIL value for the GTO when I tried to back out of the deal after we both beat the shit out of it during our test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
Everyone said the Miata was under powered as well, see how that worked out 20+ years later, nearly a million sold worldwide.
And I'm saying that they won't sell. Edmunds and Car and Driver both said that these were the "fastest moving" cars off of dealership floors and into buyers' hands. They will sell them, no doubt, but the fact is that they will not appeal to the majority of the guys on this board. I guess we'll just have to keep circling around to that point until it's beaten into our brains well enough for finalization.

Last edited by Roca Fella Bryan; 07-23-2012 at 09:28 AM..
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #99
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

250 whp is all the ricer crowd needs in a rwd car.
Look at all the honda ricers and how awful they drive a fwd car.
these will be in junkyards everywhere once those guys start tuning. Lol
Old 07-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #100
JuicedH22
Best I know of

the drunk has a good point...

This car 'does' have the 'potential' to be the next miata. Not as in a gay dude's car... but a very popular autox/sports compact car... but I am skeptical because the miata had its own market captured as a roadster. this car does not have a captured market.

Also agree that 250whp in something as light and nimble as this car seems to be, would be a ton of fun. But I sure wouldnt buy a new one, just to void the warranty. I would wait for hte first pre-owned one, let someone else cover the depreciation cost.

I am the 53%

Last edited by JuicedH22; 07-23-2012 at 10:04 AM..