no more TNL at E2o??? - Page 13 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #241
Blue99fbody
zip em up!

Blue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Blue99fbody
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRice View Post
Why is that? Aren't there DOT cert. "cheater slicks" out there??
They don't work as well the fast cars will still get down the track better than everyone else on them. I ain't gonna have tires I have to switch on the rims every time I wanna race something else
Blue99fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #242
evil8
Meatcurtains

evil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to all
What is the limit on the tire anyway? 28x10.5w?
evil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #243
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
edit:

From August:
"TIRES:
Types of tires are not restricted; DOT, Slicks etc are permitted. Slick Type Tire size is limited to 28x10.50” as marked on sidewall (Excludes 10.50W tire),
DOT Slicks must not exceed 28” in height or 10.5 width as measured through tread section (not sidewall)
DOT Drag Radials limited to a 315 width.
Larger Street Radial tires allowed if tread wear rating is 200 or greater. (must be identifiable on sidewall of tire)."

what does "w" mean?

Edit2: Google tells me a 10.5W is actually 11.2" width...

I am the 53%

Last edited by JuicedH22; 01-31-2013 at 02:33 PM..
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #244
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
weiner.
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #245
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbowagon View Post
swing and a miss.
thought you weren't talking til after your return from russia
Old 02-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #246
faStE-R
i wanna go fast

faStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRice View Post
so just to stir the pot....

I heard the big change for the KOTS class was you have to run DOT tires. thoughts??
as far as i know this is true, along with a pre race cruise for the street class. also i hear you can only win with a dark blue 240...

hey i dont make the rules
Old 02-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #247
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
Dark blue dsm's look like dark blue 240's. so I'm good!
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:03 AM   #248
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedH22 View Post
edit:

From August:
"TIRES:
Types of tires are not restricted; DOT, Slicks etc are permitted. Slick Type Tire size is limited to 28x10.50” as marked on sidewall (Excludes 10.50W tire),
DOT Slicks must not exceed 28” in height or 10.5 width as measured through tread section (not sidewall)
DOT Drag Radials limited to a 315 width.
Larger Street Radial tires allowed if tread wear rating is 200 or greater. (must be identifiable on sidewall of tire)."

what does "w" mean?

Edit2: Google tells me a 10.5W is actually 11.2" width...
W I D E

Tire makers got creative, the tire would measure 10.5" tread until aired down for track use, thus being effectively wider.

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote