Scion FR-S - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 05-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #21
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6motorheadftop View Post
bought a black one yesterday. The car does not have the oomph of other cars, but there are plenty of other reasons to buy this car. I will probably be at test n tune tonight. This car does need some power though.

The car handles just as well as the cayman I drove for a couple weeks, if not better. I wanted a car that was more or less not a boat, as my stang was, that I would still have the aftermarket backing in the future. This car is probably not for 99% of the people on here, because it's not a straight line queen, but if I could DD this and have a vette as a toy in the future, they would both probably complement themselves well
You'll be alone.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #22
push
BAZINGA!

push With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSxpush With all this rep, they must own an LSx
Send a message via AIM to push
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
How the hell do you even compare the new Scion to a new 370Z, or C6? They're not even remotely in the same price point.
You can't get a c6 for 25k new? Fuck... Obviously I'm comparing based on cars you can get for the same price. What is so great about owning one of these new? Sure, you get a warranty, and the whole one owner thing. But then you have to pay for depreciation on a car that has no go, and if you want more power then you have to break that warranty you just paid for. For the same $$ you can get a new genesis, a pre-owned (still warrantied) 370z, or a c5z/c6 that was used as a paperweight in some 60 year old's garage. There are more, but those would be my top picks over this thing. It has potential in the looks department, but like I said, the engine was a big debbie downer.

It could be a cool used car to pick up when it is in the low teens to pick up as a project, but no way for 25k.

Last edited by push; 05-31-2012 at 05:14 PM..
push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #23
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoofersnet View Post
You'll be alone.
i know it was moved to full throttle
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #24
stang99gtv8
Bang Bang

stang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nicestang99gtv8 is just really nice
The top competition for this scion has gotta be the genesis coupe, and even the lowest model one will beat the FR-S in just about everything except the weight category.

No boost = no fun for a car such as this.

R.I.P. Hot Rod - Ahmed - Colt45
stang99gtv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #25
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
I personally like the radio. I'm not in to that flashy braggart nigger shit (copyright, colt).

that's fair. Though, since Scions have the radio cover, a 6" touchscreen wouldn't be out if the question IMO. An android tablet is what, 300 duckets, retail? Put these in the car for the "flashy" mid 20 somethings and it'll sell. I guess I'm not Toyota R&D though
Old 05-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #26
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
car will be used for autocrossing for me. It's a nice start for a new platform
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #27
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by push View Post
You can't get a c6 for 25k new? Fuck... Obviously I'm comparing based on cars you can get for the same price. What is so great about owning one of these new? Sure, you get a warranty, and the whole one owner thing. But then you have to pay for depreciation on a car that has no go, and if you want more power then you have to break that warranty you just paid for. For the same $$ you can get a new genesis, a pre-owned (still warrantied) 370z, or a c5z/c6 that was used as a paperweight in some 60 year old's garage. There are more, but those would be my top picks over this thing. It has potential in the looks department, but like I said, the engine was a big debbie downer.

It could be a cool used car to pick up when it is in the low teens to pick up as a project, but no way for 25k.
Oh well, this just got the ball rolling on C6's. After seeing the Z06 parked beside it.. It just was the motivation I needed to start seeing whats out there in my price point... which is quite a bit.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #28
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdw on th sun View Post
that's fair. Though, since Scions have the radio cover, a 6" touchscreen wouldn't be out if the question IMO. An android tablet is what, 300 duckets, retail? Put these in the car for the "flashy" mid 20 somethings and it'll sell. I guess I'm not Toyota R&D though
They probably didn't want a bunch of Scions with smashed windows a ripped up dashboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #29
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
Not everyone lives in the hood either.
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #30
EPR73

EPR73 is on a distinguished roadEPR73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang99gtv8 View Post
The top competition for this scion has gotta be the genesis coupe, and even the lowest model one will beat the FR-S in just about everything except the weight category.

No boost = no fun for a car such as this.
the genesis 3.8 r spec looks insane. Even though this is bench racing numbers, 348 hp leaves less to be desired than a frs or brz for around the same price point (believe itll be 28k)

http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/ge...full-test.html

if I had to choose between frs or brz, id take the br-z just for the alcantara seats, nav, hids, push button start etc etc. Little things that would make it more bearable to daily. im hoping subaru has plans set in motion for an sti version.

latest motor trend issue has the brz and frs in top two places against mustang, genesis, miata and some others.

Last edited by EPR73; 05-31-2012 at 07:51 PM..
EPR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #31
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca Fella Bryan View Post
They probably didn't want a bunch of Scions with smashed windows a ripped up dashboards.
not sure if this particular model has it, but the older scions had radio covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisor View Post
Not everyone lives in the hood either.
troof

maybe I just think it's time to get out of the "push right/next 7000 times to find the song you want" era of car stereos
shdw on th sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #32
rush3969

rush3969 is infamous around these partsrush3969 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoofersnet View Post
Oh well, this just got the ball rolling on C6's. After seeing the Z06 parked beside it.. It just was the motivation I needed to start seeing whats out there in my price point... which is quite a bit.
Good story, Im sure your price point is a chevette not a corvette.... later SS
rush3969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #33
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

5 star post
shdw on th sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #34
bigwoofersnet
Click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush3969 View Post
Good story, Im sure your price point is a chevette not a corvette.... later SS
I mean, it's no turbo Scion XB... Oh wait, I mean just a regular Scion XB.

Last edited by bigwoofersnet; 06-01-2012 at 12:54 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #35
Tuned200
Small Boost.

Tuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPR73 View Post
the genesis 3.8 r spec looks insane. Even though this is bench racing numbers, 348 hp leaves less to be desired than a frs or brz for around the same price point (believe itll be 28k)

http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/ge...full-test.html

if I had to choose between frs or brz, id take the br-z just for the alcantara seats, nav, hids, push button start etc etc. Little things that would make it more bearable to daily. im hoping subaru has plans set in motion for an sti version.

latest motor trend issue has the brz and frs in top two places against mustang, genesis, miata and some others.
This. If they can jump power levels to 300-350hp, it would be a fun car. Some will say that the 200hp is enough for a "drivers" car and more power would take away from the feel. Fuck the feel, lets get 300+!

2006 Subaru Forester XT 5 Speed
2007 Subaru Forester STI 6 Speed
2008 Suzuki Blvd.
Tuned200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #36
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned200 View Post
This. If they can jump power levels to 300-350hp, it would be a fun car. Some will say that the 200hp is enough for a "drivers" car and more power would take away from the feel. Fuck the feel, lets get 300+!
I'm with you on this. So basically, you're in this sweet car that handles well on Prius tires, yet you can get waxed on by a V6 Camry.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #37
bigwoofersnet
Click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca Fella Bryan View Post
I'm with you on this. So basically, you're in this sweet car that handles well on Prius tires, yet you can get waxed on by a V6 Camry.
Honestly, I think the Camry would freight train it. It literally did nothing when I had the pedal slammed against the floor. It literally made me angry to drive it. LOL.

And I did at the 215's on the rear.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #38
Tuned200
Small Boost.

Tuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really nice
I have heard that TIC, Kartboy and MannEngineering have all started building handling parts for the BRZ, which will fit the Toyota( Subaru performance shops).

This might be the perfect chick car ever!!! Now to talk Pam into buying one.

Last edited by Tuned200; 06-01-2012 at 11:32 PM..
Old 06-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #39
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned200 View Post
I have heard that TIC, Kartboy and MannEngineering have all started building handling parts for the BRZ, which will fit the Toyota( Subaru performance shops).

This might be the perfect chick car ever!!! Now to talk Pam into buying one.
Haven't most of her cars been faster than that?

If I wanted a fun, front engine RWD car, I'd leave a KA in a 240sx. Really stupid.

RIP - Vinny, Hotrod, Ahmed, Blacklist...
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #40
Tuned200
Small Boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Haven't most of her cars been faster than that?

If I wanted a fun, front engine RWD car, I'd leave a KA in a 240sx. Really stupid.
Yes. Now I miss the S14!