Cincinnati Drift Website - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 07-28-2004, 01:02 PM   #1
DrifterYamez

DrifterYamez is on a distinguished road
Cincinnati Drift Website
For those of you involved with drifting check out OutbrakeMotorsports . Dating back to 1996 this drift team is in charge of USDrift Cincinnati and will soon be holding drift events for the public in the Cincinnati Region. Drop by the website for event information, meets, and general comradery.
DrifterYamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:00 PM   #2
ekhatch00

ekhatch00 is on a distinguished road
good shit
Bump for a good site and good guys. :D
ekhatch00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:02 PM   #3
blupastu408w
1,000 posts club

blupastu408w is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to blupastu408w
I've gotten pretty good at power drifting (under throttle, 14psi or so) the supra here lately. fun stuff.
blupastu408w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:50 PM   #4
Cauvin
Rotorless

Cauvin has a spectacular aura aboutCauvin has a spectacular aura aboutCauvin has a spectacular aura aboutCauvin has a spectacular aura aboutCauvin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Cauvin
uh derrick, i don't think its a good idea to use Jeff Loewe's picture without purchasing it, since it does have his name on it lol.
Cauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:06 PM   #5
ekhatch00

stfu
Quit trying to be smart or funny. You're neither. So in conclusion. Shut the fuck up.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:07 PM   #6
ekhatch00

lol
Oh and that wasn't derrick who started this thread moron.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:11 PM   #7
s1lentjames
hashiriya

s1lentjames is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to s1lentjames
Matt Don't Be An Asshole!! V_v
Old 07-28-2004, 07:12 PM   #8
ekhatch00

why
I'm entitled to harrass inishul d fucks. :D
Old 07-28-2004, 07:16 PM   #9
Rustanggt98
Krenzel for President

Rustanggt98 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rustanggt98
harrass this....drifting is something that import guys do when they find out they don't have enough power to be good at anything else, and in conclusion= gay :fuckyou:
Old 07-28-2004, 07:26 PM   #10
s1lentjames
hashiriya

aww, don't like to have fun? :\
s1lentjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:30 PM   #11
ekhatch00

lol
Hmm if drifting is only for imports then why are gm and mopar trying to cut in on it jackass. Thats ok though. I understand that car control is a concept that someone such as yourself wouldn't possibly understand. What amazing skill it takes to make a car stay in a straight line.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:35 PM   #12
NOLV4V8
since 1999

NOLV4V8 will become famous soon enoughNOLV4V8 will become famous soon enoughNOLV4V8 will become famous soon enoughNOLV4V8 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NOLV4V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekhatch00
Hmm if drifting is only for imports then why are gm and mopar trying to cut in on it jackass. Thats ok though. I understand that car control is a concept that someone such as yourself wouldn't possibly understand. What amazing skill it takes to make a car stay in a straight line.

drifting is cool when the car makes enuff power to keep the wheels spinning

and FWD cars CAN NOT DRIFT. PERIOD

otherthan that if the cars are real, then its kinda cool..... still cant warm up to it :thumb:

93 GSX - SOLD
NOLV4V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:36 PM   #13
Rustanggt98
Krenzel for President

Quote:
well, because GM and mopar are GAY. obviously it takes a little bit of skill to go in a straight line, i don't "spin though third" like every other ricer does when they go to the track, or atleast i don't use it as an excuse. i can corner just fine, and i don't have to use the e-brake+lunch tray approach to get my ass end sideways.
Rustanggt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:40 PM   #14
ToyoGTSHatch86

ToyoGTSHatch86 is on a distinguished road
Haha, ooooh... The e-brake approach. Been a long time since I've had to do that. My car will get sideways quite nicely with just a simple jab at the brakes, some turn in, and counter-steer with a nice throttle feed. Ask James, James W., and a handful of other guys that were at the drift event in South Bend. Lunch trays only works on FF genius, and the E-Brake is for when you need to extend the slide a few more feet, rotate a bit faster (and don't have the revs left to do so), or initiate a slide when in neophyte stage. The reason I never drag raced? Because I know how to hold my car so its pointing in a straight line. Now going into a turn sideways and maintaining a tenuous hold on control? That takes a bit more balls, a few more pubes, and a shitload more driver skill.
ToyoGTSHatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:40 PM   #15
s1lentjames
hashiriya

You people worry about small shit way too much. If you're having fun, who cares? I think we've been over all this time and again on this forum. I've said it before. I do not care what you people think about drifting.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:47 PM   #16
Rustanggt98
Krenzel for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoGTSHatch86
Because I know how to hold my car so its pointing in a straight line. Now going into a turn sideways and maintaining a tenuous hold on control? That takes a bit more balls, a few more pubes, and a shitload more driver skill.
just because you can point your car in a straight line doesn't mean you can drag race, if it was that easy everyone would be professionals now wouldn't they. and heres an idea, if you're all about goin balls out through corners, why don't you get a set of nice tires, tune your suspension, and hold that corner, without kickin the ass end out?? ahh thats right, that wouldn't be as cool.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:53 PM   #17
s1lentjames
hashiriya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustanggt98
just because you can point your car in a straight line doesn't mean you can drag race, if it was that easy everyone would be professionals now wouldn't they. and heres an idea, if you're all about goin balls out through corners, why don't you get a set of nice tires, tune your suspension, and hold that corner, without kickin the ass end out?? ahh thats right, that wouldn't be as cool.

Well...it wouldn't. :iws:
Old 07-28-2004, 07:54 PM   #18
ekhatch00

lol
Its fun moron. Maybe you've done it. No probably not. Oh and dragracing is easy compared to I don't know autox. The difference between freelance drag racing and proffessional is that they have the money to do it as a career. Hence why people are always trying to get sponsored so they can get the money to go faster. :thumb:
Old 07-28-2004, 08:00 PM   #19
Rustanggt98
Krenzel for President

Quote:
Its fun moron. Maybe you've done it. No probably not. Oh and dragracing is easy compared to I don't know autox. The difference between freelance drag racing and proffessional is that they have the money to do it as a career. Hence why people are always trying to get sponsored so they can get the money to go faster. :thumb:
you can do just about anything and it will be easy, but that doesn't mean you're going to be good at it now does it i.e.- every single honda ever to run at a track (freelance) sure i've done it, it rained yesterday here as a matter of fact, i've got it down quite well actually, between this winter and last i got plenty of practice :thumb:
Old 07-28-2004, 08:01 PM   #20
ToyoGTSHatch86

ToyoGTSHatch86 is on a distinguished road
Haha, forgive me O master of the corner. However, sliding has been proven to be faster in some cornering situations. My father did it at Brown County speedway as well as at Florence Speedway. He even taught his technique to a guy with a superior car, and the next weekend the guy placed poll for the start and finished 1st in the race. Hell, the old man used to drag but got tired of the politics and the lack of skill involved. The only time you are hard pressed to maintain control of a car in drag is if you're running sub 9s, thats why Force has such huge balls. However, your Mustang is probably running high 13s or so, correct? That doesn't take much to control. I've known guys running low 11s that said it was just point and shoot. Hell, even my old man realizes the skill involved in drifting, and is wanting to build up a car with me so we can compete head to head in local events. Give it up, going in a straight line just means you're lazy and don't wanna see where your cars limits are.

Edit: Oh, BTW, James, awesome work on the site. We need to meet up to tear up some backroads man, we need practice for the next event. Hopefully we won't have Chris bending us over and fucking us as well as damaging our cars. Props to the team and to the site!

Last edited by ToyoGTSHatch86; 07-28-2004 at 08:08 PM..
ToyoGTSHatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote