'99 Accord, Brakes went out. Good repair shops? - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Import Tech

Old 07-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Bret86944
CSS newbie

Bret86944 is on a distinguished road
'99 Accord, Brakes went out. Good repair shops?
I pulled into my apartment, all the sudden the pedal goes to the floor. I look underneath and there is a puddle of brake fluid. One of the lines busted.

Anyone know a good shop? I live near downtown and would rather not drive it too far. lol
Bret86944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret86944 View Post
I pulled into my apartment, all the sudden the pedal goes to the floor. I look underneath and there is a puddle of brake fluid. One of the lines busted.

Anyone know a good shop? I live near downtown and would rather not drive it too far. lol
Not trying to be a dick, but why not try to fix it. Im sure its a pretty easy fix.
If not take it to the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincySVT View Post
We need to talk to push, but always down for hooters. Nobody can be mad with wings, beer, and titties in their face
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
Bret86944
CSS newbie

Quote:
<div class="pre-quote">
Quote de <strong>Bret86944</strong>
</div>

<div class="post-quote">
<div style="font-style:italic">I pulled into my apartment, all the sudden the pedal goes to the floor. I look underneath and there is a puddle of brake fluid. One of the lines busted. <br>
<br>
Anyone know a good shop? I live near downtown and would rather not drive it too far. lol</div>
</div>Not trying to be a dick, but why not try to fix it. Im sure its a pretty easy fix.<br>
If not take it to the dealer.
Have you ever replaced a brake line? It's one solid piece from the front of the car to the rear brakes. I don't have bulk tubing, a pipe bender, and the tools, experience, or time. I'd take it to a local shop before I went to the dealer because it's a '99 with 135k miles. Oem parts and labor are a little un necessary. If it were the rubber line from the main line to the caliper it would be a no brainer.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret86944 View Post
Have you ever replaced a brake line? It's one solid piece from the front of the car to the rear brakes. I don't have bulk tubing, a pipe bender, and the tools, experience, or time. I'd take it to a local shop before I went to the dealer because it's a '99 with 135k miles. Oem parts and labor are a little un necessary. If it were the rubber line from the main line to the caliper it would be a no brainer.
You can buy brake line in sections and most likely rent the tool to do it from Auto Zone.

I dont really know of any place close to Hyde Park to get it fixed though
Old 07-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
killer025
hitokiri battousai

killer025 is on a distinguished road
Compression fitting and one of them rolly tube cutters... 10 bucks. You sure its a line and not a wheel cylinder? A shop will bend you over for an easy fix.
killer025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
I can do it but I'm out of town till Tues.

I'm in Linwood
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
Bret86944
CSS newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer025 View Post
Compression fitting and one of them rolly tube cutters... 10 bucks. You sure its a line and not a wheel cylinder? A shop will bend you over for an easy fix.
Pretty sure. The leak is literally in the middle of the car. The car has been driven every winter for the last 13 years. The lines are pretty corroded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisor View Post
I can do it but I'm out of town till Tues.

I'm in Linwood
I've got a guy who will probably do it on Monday. If he decides he doesn't want to do it I'll let you know. Thanks!