my stupid car, and stupid swap. - Page 4 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Media Center

Old 07-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #61
Red Sleeper
All time 4x4

Red Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the roughRed Sleeper is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Red Sleeper
updates?

whats taking so long?
Red Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #62
240sxgirlracer
2jz no shit!

240sxgirlracer is on a distinguished road
looking good, I wished that I enough patients to do that.

2001 Lexus is300-- 2JZ-GE
240sxgirlracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #63
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxgirlracer View Post
looking good, I wished that I enough patients to do that.
you're a doctor?

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #64
240sxgirlracer
2jz no shit!

240sxgirlracer is on a distinguished road
actually a nurse, so that would be the reason for my typo sorry.
240sxgirlracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #65
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
made some more progress on the harness work. i have finished eliminating the unused systems in the interior/dash/body harness. its a bit painstaking and boring but i think its worth it. the harness size has decreased well over half in the parts that go to the back of the car from the main junction point. the pics show the finished harness size. i forgot to take a pic of it before for comparison, but the 240 guys know the harness is a monster from the factory.

total weight loss from eliminated wiring is 13 pounds so far. i still have to rework and shorten the front body harness to relocate the fuse boxes, and lengthen some of the lighting wiring. id say there is another 2 pounds of wiring to come out from that.

pic of the finished harness (will loom/tape when going back in)

bundle on the left is the rear section going to lights and door switches and whatnot. the right section is going to the center console. the center console wiring is way less without the power seat belt computer wiring.

this is the main junction, fuses and relays. just showing the harness size coming out, and how its cleaned up a bit.

complete harness in a bundle.

as far as the more interesting progress on the car... im waiting on the cage to get here to start installing, im trying to figure out a good engine setup(the best part), and my body guy is freed up now so the body work should start moving along.

hopefully things start to move at a more accelerated pace.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #66
Funkmaster
Uncle Ben

Funkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really niceFunkmaster is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Funkmaster
Nice work! Ive heard that you effectively gain 1hp for every 6lbs you drop.

1985 Mugen CRX Si Replica.
Funkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #67
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
im not sure if i will overall gain or lose weight when the car is done. the engine setup should weigh nearly the same if not a slight amount less, and im leaving a lot of interior out of the car, and removing things like the heater/blower/ac boxes and this wiring. hopefully this will more than offset the weight of the cage. i opted for chromoly tubing to save weight also.
BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #68
BTM

more work.

decided to route the harness in the car to see how everything would fit. decided to run the interior section of the harness through the frame rail, and over the wheel well. this turned out well, and will be well hidden. for that first few inches i just have to expand a hole to run the harness though.

then put the front body harness in, which will be under the dash now. this gave me an idea of placement, and what i will have to lengthen and shorten, and where the fuse/relay boxes will go. the loops are what need to be removed, and the wiring for the lights up front will need to be extended.

its gettin there.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #69
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
So your new tag going to be LSX4NOW ? sorry buddy you had the SR tag forever... couldn't resist...
Old 08-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #70
BTM

i think im gonna try to get sr4lyf again if its available.

anyway, as an update, the harness work is done. i just need to wrap and loom it, and find good grounding spots. i tested all of the lights tonight, and thankfully im all good there.

now time to get to some of the more fun stuff. a friend is going to be helping me shave/fill the engine bay to smooth everything up and make it look nice. hope to have some more interesting pictures and work very soon.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #71
DonnieTsunami
out of the game

DonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to beholdDonnieTsunami is a splendid one to behold
sexy

Fucking Ricers
DonnieTsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #72
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieTuscani View Post
sexy
40 roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #73
BTM

this build thread sucks......

subframe removed. i rebuild and cleaned this up last winter, so all i have to do is clean it up a little, and fix some leaks in the diff. looks good eh?

just an up close pic of the arms and such. thanks to mustang boy for the powdercoat on the actual subframe. still looks sick.

spare diffs and axles and shit. standard parts hoarding.

diff taken apart. it didnt have to be taken down this far to replace the output and pinion seals, but i did an experiment to see about changing gear ratios. it didnt work out in my favor so im keeping it at 3.54 to keep the strongest parts. i think this ratio will work well for me.

engine bay prepped for filling and smoothing. waiting on a slacker friend to come through with metals and his time helping me weld it up.

parts piling up. im running out of places to store things. the car is now at a 100% bare frame/chassis.

rolled car to an easier spot to remove the gas tank. i painted the tank last winter, but its chipping off. ill have to redo it with better materials and prep.

100% bare chassis. i guess im now to the point where im making progress to get it back together, instead of taking it apart. now i hope to get things moving along with help from friends to get the car completed by Z days 2012.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #74
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Jesse
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
100% bare chassis. i guess im now to the point where im making progress to get it back together, instead of taking it apart. now i hope to get things moving along with help from friends to get the car completed by Z days 2012.
I'm holding you to that.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #75
BTM

Quote:

i think its doable.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #76
dsmawd350
6.x liter

dsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to dsmawd350
Quote:
this is key
dsmawd350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #77
BTM

i mean its a long process. been working a lot more, and its harder to find time to work on it. my motivation is up, so its starting to move. but you are right. what you bolded is key, because its more rewarding to make progress than to get further behind. im still in the mindset of doing it right or not at all though, so if it takes more time then thats how it is.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #78
dsmawd350
6.x liter

dsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to dsmawd350
Quote:
i mean its a long process. been working a lot more, and its harder to find time to work on it. my motivation is up, so its starting to move. but you are right. what you bolded is key, because its more rewarding to make progress than to get further behind. im still in the mindset of doing it right or not at all though, so if it takes more time then thats how it is.
trust me i know how it is. But I dont know man is doing things the right way and taking your time and buying all nice ass parts worth getting heckled on css by people with nothing for taking to long you might want to think about that one!!!
dsmawd350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #79
BTM

yeah its worth it. css is lame anyway right? ive never given you much hell about how long your build has been going, becuase i know how shit goes. thing take time when you dont swipe a credit card and toss something together asap.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #80
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
^^ Unless you're shakenbake

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote