Do not buy from-That guy that did gay shit with Kemp or his brother. They mad bro. - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > The Mall > Buyer / Seller Feedback

Old 12-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
Ty.

Ty. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Ty.
Do not buy from-That guy that did gay shit with Kemp or his brother. They mad bro.
A few months ago, Brendan (member name Turbomits95) contacted me about possibly buying his mr2. I had only seen the car once or twice when he would stop by my place to pick up a part that he had purchased from me, and i never really checked it out that well. We negotiated price back and forth, and could never really agree on a price that we both agreed on. I am in the market of buying cars to part out and turn a few bucks profit, and he knew this.

After a while went by and nobody was offering him what he wanted for his car, he contacted me again trying to sell it. I told him what it would take for me to buy it, and we negotiated on a selling price of the car without the Enkei wheels that were on it (he was going to sell those himself).

He brought the car to me at night (first mistake on my part, i know) and i had to look at it with a flashlight. My 2 year old was past his bedtime and i couldn't stay outside forever checking everything out b/c i had to help get him ready for bed. Since i've known brendan for many years, i straight up asked him "is there anything that doesn't work, or that is broke?". He replies "nope". I handed him the money b/c i thought i could trust him (2nd mistake on my part). I didn't drive the car, didn't even start it. We were going to swap wheels before he left, but one of the rear wheels had 4 cross threaded lugnuts on it. I didn't feel like spending hours trying to get them off in the dark, and there was currently no room in my garage to pull it in and work on it, so i told him i'd do the labor myself and get the wheel off and he can pick them up another day. He agreed.

This was Dec. 23rd night. Today i get some spare time to move the car and get it into the garage to start a tear down process. First off i notice that every time you turn OFF the car, the starter engages again and you hear a horrible sound. I ask him about that and he acts like nothing was wrong. I tested it numerous times and it happened every single time.

I knew i bought a used car, and i'm not a whiner/complainer, so i get over it and get on with my tear down. Right off the bat i take the IC piping off and notice a LOT of oil. Literally dripping out of the piping. I stop what i'm doing and do a quick compression test on the engine and get the results of 150-150-150-60

I shoot brendan a text and ask what hes trying to pull, selling me a car with a blown engine.

His reply "Dude i didnt know the comp numbers. I've been trying to sell that car for 2 months, i didnt drive it much. It smoked a bit. I figured it was the turbo seal getting ready to go"

I remember months ago talking to brendan, and him telling me that he thought his turbo was blown, and he just bought a new one on the boards (i actually checked his posts and found the exact turbo he bought). My honest thought is that he THOUGHT the smoking was his turbo, so he bought a new turbo. When that didn't cure it, he realized it was more than likely his engine and was trying to sell the car before the engine completely blew, hoping nobody would do a compression test before they bought it. I wrote him and told him i didn't think he was honest, and i would like some form of money back, or to be able to keep the wheels that were on the car (which are still in my garage btw). He was not having it, and kept replying "we had a deal, i'm keeping my wheels"

I know legally i have no leg to stand on, as i should have done a better inspection of the car before i bought it. I'm not looking for pity from anyone on the boards b/c i made a poor decision buying this car. I'm mainly making sure everyone on here knows what type of person this is, and to use their best judgement when dealing with him.

-Ty

Email: ty@tcsmotorsports.com
AIM: tcsmotorsports
Ty. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
BlackCoupe

BlackCoupe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlackCoupe
It's bad enough when someone will rip off a member of the general public, but even worse when they rip off a fellow enthusiast. Hopefully someday something will come back on him 10x worse.
BlackCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
CivicB18B
All American

CivicB18B has a spectacular aura aboutCivicB18B has a spectacular aura aboutCivicB18B has a spectacular aura aboutCivicB18B has a spectacular aura aboutCivicB18B has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CivicB18B
Keep the wheels. No way in hell I'd give them back. Anything in writing on them?

Make it three yards, motherfucker, and we'll have us an automobile race.
CivicB18B is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Yeah fuck that guy. Keep the wheels and tell him to pound salt.
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
Ty.

Ty. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura aboutTy. has a spectacular aura about
We agreed to a price for the car w/o the wheels. So it's all in texts.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Well you also agreed on a running car.
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #7
sbcxtreme
1,000 posts club

sbcxtreme will become famous soon enoughsbcxtreme will become famous soon enoughsbcxtreme will become famous soon enoughsbcxtreme will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sbcxtreme
Did you have a text saying he didnt know of any problems? and then he claims he thought the smoke was from a turbo going bad?

If you do end up giving the wheels back, just make sure they arent worth reselling.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
93 red ls
1 Cam 1 Goal

93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 93 red ls
fuck him keep the wheels....i hate dis-honest mother fuckers
i was fucked over by a "long time" well known member on here years ago on a car trade/deal i had worked out where i got the shaft on about 1k worth of parts that were suppose to be included in a deal that ended u not being on the car. some was on me but dont be a cock and lie about whats on the car. come to find out the same "long time" honda guy that fucked me over had fucked over a couple of his very close friends the same way.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
just give the wheels back. i know youre frustrated but the shits not worth the hassle.

sucks for him that he left the wheels though, because its very hard to catch you at a good time these days with being so busy. sometimes it can take many months to meet up, right?
Old 12-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
Ty.

I have no intentions on keeping the wheels. I wrote him and told him I'd toss him some money and keep the wheels at a discounted price, but he just replies "we had a deal, I'm keeping the wheels"

It's not my style to keep them. Just wanted everyone to know to stay away from this seller

Brent, not sure what the comment about taking many months to meet up is about...
Quote:
just give the wheels back. i know youre frustrated but the shits not worth the hassle. <br>
<br>
sucks for him that he left the wheels though, because its very hard to catch you at a good time these days with being so busy. sometimes it can take many months to meet up, right?
Old 12-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Just for general knowledge, Turbomits is Paul not Brendan. Brandan HAD a name on here, and now has a new name as he just made an intro thread this past month.

https://www.cincystreetscene.com/foru...ad.php?t=66674
Old 12-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #12
96eclipse
1,000 posts club

96eclipse is on a distinguished road96eclipse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 96eclipse
keep the wheels and sell em to get some of your money back. what model wheel
96eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:23 PM   #13
96eclipse
1,000 posts club

96eclipse is on a distinguished road96eclipse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 96eclipse
I'd keep the wheels tell him to kick rocks. People like him need their ass beat.. Thats why I only deal with a few people on this site. Douches like him ruin it for others
96eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #14
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty. View Post
I have no intentions on keeping the wheels. I wrote him and told him I'd toss him some money and keep the wheels at a discounted price, but he just replies "we had a deal, I'm keeping the wheels"

It's not my style to keep them. Just wanted everyone to know to stay away from this seller

Brent, not sure what the comment about taking many months to meet up is about...
i mean, he can get them at your soonest convenience, not his, however long that takes.
BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:59 PM   #15
ursoboostd
1,000 posts club

ursoboostd is just really niceursoboostd is just really niceursoboostd is just really niceursoboostd is just really niceursoboostd is just really niceursoboostd is just really niceursoboostd is just really niceursoboostd is just really niceursoboostd is just really niceursoboostd is just really niceursoboostd is just really nice
Wow that is pretty fuckin lame. "We had a deal". Yeah the deal included a running engine.
ursoboostd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:29 PM   #16
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
Whoever Brendan is, we need his screenanme in here, so everyone knows who not to buy shit from.

I also think this thread shows how good of a buyer/seller Ty is... even after getting screwed by a faggot, he is doing the 'legal binding' thing and not acting as immature as the selling faggot of said car.

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:30 PM   #17
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to srt21
Good luck buddy. Fuck that guy.
srt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:54 AM   #18
evil8
Meatcurtains

evil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to all
I've always had good luck in my dealings with Brendan. Maybe you shouldn't have lowballed and harassed him.

xtremeoutlawseries.com
evil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:58 AM   #19
slapstick
The Galvinizer

slapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura aboutslapstick has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to slapstick
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil8 View Post
I've always had good luck in my dealings with Brendan. Maybe you shouldn't have lowballed and harassed him.

94 Prelude. Sold.
92 Cherokee. Drowned in East Fork River.
97 Grand Cherokee. Mall crawler.
slapstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:25 AM   #20
NateZ28
lsx nutswinger

NateZ28 is on a distinguished road
license plate learn2turn or something? Same guy? black mr-2?