Modular Depot Dyno Day $30 on the 30th! - Page 8 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Dyno / Tuning

Old 10-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #141
bestracing
Someone took my Swingline

bestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvette98 View Post
I think you're confused here, guy...He is talking about Chebby shit and you are talking Ford...
You got it

Plus the Ford 302 is a 4" bore and the Chevy 305 is 3.67". If it was the 4" 302 then yea it should at least have 250 at the wheels. There's a reason people don't build Chevy 305's, the bore size makes them ineffecient for making power. Mine is the original motor and thus my reasoning for keeping it.

1986 Trans Am - just for cruising and having fun
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #142
xander
2,000 posts club

xander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to allxander is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to xander
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestracing View Post
You got it

Plus the Ford 302 is a 4" bore and the Chevy 305 is 3.67". If it was the 4" 302 then yea it should at least have 250 at the wheels. There's a reason people don't build Chevy 305's, the bore size makes them ineffecient for making power. Mine is the original motor and thus my reasoning for keeping it.
I feel ya..my 78 has the original 305 I would love for it to be fast but until this engine has a problem I can't see removing it. 30plus years is a long time to run perfect. Never had a single problem since the car has been in my family.
xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #143
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
OH! Yeah, I don't know why I saw Ford! My bad....

Sooo... Curve is nice and wavy (guess it's running rich) and they only took it to 6.2k RPM (KA stock red line, SR is more like 7.2k)... Only 226 / 216 =X. The guys there said it looks like it had another 15-25 in it if we went to actual red line so it's right where I was thinking in the 240 range... Oh well, PLENTY of room to grow! Time to tear it down and get to work..
leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #144
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
I'll make you feel better, I went and had my stan dyno'd

pulled 200rwhp and 233 tq.

I was hoping for abut 10 more hp, but this is on a street tune (87 ctane also). I just went so I could have base numbers before installing my supercharger
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #145
Dark-one
Frankenstien Cars

Dark-one has a spectacular aura aboutDark-one has a spectacular aura aboutDark-one has a spectacular aura aboutDark-one has a spectacular aura aboutDark-one has a spectacular aura aboutDark-one has a spectacular aura about
Dynoed today and made 674 on my tune...Gonna work on it somemore and get 700. Mind you this is 9 psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ynLDbKhi4

Modular depot has a very nice setup down there and I encourage you guys to check them out when you need work done
Old 10-31-2010, 01:24 AM   #146
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-one View Post
Dynoed today and made 674 on my tune...Gonna work on it somemore and get 700. Mind you this is 9 psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ynLDbKhi4

Modular depot has a very nice setup down there and I encourage you guys to check them out when you need work done
I think I was up there around the same time you were. Your car looked and sounded nice
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #147
Cookie Monster
C is for Cookie

Cookie Monster is a jewel in the roughCookie Monster is a jewel in the roughCookie Monster is a jewel in the roughCookie Monster is a jewel in the roughCookie Monster is a jewel in the roughCookie Monster is a jewel in the roughCookie Monster is a jewel in the roughCookie Monster is a jewel in the rough
When did everyone leave?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #148
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
I was starving so I left right before 11... Needed the Waffle!!!

That, and it was pretty quiet when I was there. I was going to stop back by and see who was getting dynoed but stopped by a friend's house.

Nice numbers, Dark. Wish I would have seen it! The supercharged Cobra that was there before me only hit 450... I guess it was pre-tune. It sounded mean as all hell though.
leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote