Rear mail seal in Jeep zj - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Dodge / Mopar Discussion

Old 10-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
cincy-srt
Team Pigeon

cincy-srt is on a distinguished road
Rear mail seal in Jeep zj
So tomorrow I'm going to replace the rear main seal in my 94 Grand Cherokee, the jeep forums tell you 10 different ways that all contradict each other. Have any of you replaced them on a 4 liter before? I guess some you have to pull the trans and others are two piece seals and you only have to drop the pan? Any advice would be great if not i'm sure i'll manage.
Thanks -Eddie

'05 SRT-4
'91 4x4 Tracker on tsl's
cincy-srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
sxShep
Hamster Assassin

sxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sxShep
Mine has been dripping a bit some I'm curious as well
Old 10-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
Grand National Propain
Plays With Fire

Grand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really niceGrand National Propain is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy-srt View Post
So tomorrow I'm going to replace the rear main seal in my 94 Grand Cherokee, the jeep forums tell you 10 different ways that all contradict each other. Have any of you replaced them on a 4 liter before? I guess some you have to pull the trans and others are two piece seals and you only have to drop the pan? Any advice would be great if not i'm sure i'll manage.
Thanks -Eddie
A '94 is a 2 piece seal. Just drop the pan to change it out.

Edit: and yes I've done them before.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
sxShep
Hamster Assassin

sxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sxShep
I'm assuming for a 2000 4.0l I'll need to drop the trans?
sxShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
a 94 is fuckin cake

Racing from a roll is like beating off...sure its fun but its not the real thing.

Last edited by Wheelin; 10-25-2011 at 04:57 PM..
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
cincy-srt
Team Pigeon

cincy-srt is on a distinguished road
Awesome thanks guys I appreciate it a lot.
cincy-srt is offline   Reply With Quote