Finally got our SRT-4 Software! - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Dodge / Mopar Discussion

Old 11-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
KenBMD

KenBMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally got our SRT-4 Software!
Man, took forever but it's finally here. We can tune the stock computer, this is gonna be great for these cars. Doing a stage I car today to see what we can get. I can control just about anything in the computer so no more hack piggyback tuning required.
KenBMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
Luckily I know who KenB is from Modular Depot, so I have a clue who you are and what you're talking about. Post up an introduction thread or something so the others know who you are and what you do.

The ability to tune the stock computer is huge, that is awesome. Good luck with it.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
Luckily I know who KenB is from Modular Depot, so I have a clue who you are and what you're talking about. Post up an introduction thread or something so the others know who you are and what you do.

The ability to tune the stock computer is huge, that is awesome. Good luck with it.
I was gonna say, who the fuck is that?

Lol.

Sounds like they finally cracked the computer?

Old 11-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
This is great for all SRT-4 owners. Being able to stop timing from being pulled is HUGE. People should expect 30-50whp from just this tuning software alone, when compared to a piggy-crap.

RIP - Vinny, Hotrod, Ahmed, Blacklist...
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #5
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBMD View Post
Man, took forever but it's finally here. We can tune the stock computer, this is gonna be great for these cars. Doing a stage I car today to see what we can get. I can control just about anything in the computer so no more hack piggyback tuning required.
That's good to hear, I thought the lack of tuning options on these cars was so retarded I would have never considered owning one.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
KenBMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post

Well I didn't want to over step my bounds since I'm not an advertiser. Just wanted to get the word out that the software is out in general since I've had so many SRT-4 cars on my dyno dying for good tuning solutions. But, if it's ok...

I'm Ken from Modular Depot [http://www.modulardepot.com.] We're pretty well known for Ford tuning but are also doing other American stuff. We have been doing alot of Hemi stuff over the last year. Just to keep stuff better organized we will have all our Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep stuff up on a new site [http://www.dcxdepot.com] in a few weeks.

This bad boy put down 588 rwhp

Been waiting on this SRT-4 software for awhile and from what I hear it delivers. I'll post results later today. It's from Diablo. You get a Predator handheld that can hold 5 custom tunes.

We are also doing GM. Just finished up Beefcake's 08 Vette. Put down 588 rwhp also with a Vortech. We use EFI Live for the GMs.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
igloo
black thursday....

igloo is on a distinguished roadigloo is on a distinguished road
been to your shop its very nice, if i ever own a ford again i know where to go... i think ill still pass on the srt-4s

Drives - K11 Si / K8 750
Drove -92 Fox/ K1 Bullitt/ Evo IX/ 98 CSVT/ K7 600
igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #8
SmokinSrt
2,000 posts club

SmokinSrt can only hope to improve
Damn its about time, a dtech isn't too expensive but can only do so much, and aem ems is soo expensive. Too bad this wasn't available years ago.
SmokinSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #9
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinSrt View Post
Damn its about time, a dtech isn't too expensive but can only do so much, and aem ems is soo expensive. Too bad this wasn't available years ago.
D-tech is fucking horrible. There is a reason they stop making that shit. KenB knows how bad it is, my yellow Neon was stuck at his shop because of that useless software.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #10
KenBMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
D-tech is fucking horrible. There is a reason they stop making that shit. KenB knows how bad it is, my yellow Neon was stuck at his shop because of that useless software.

Sitting in the car right now tuning it. Software is working great. May have some crappy fuel in it because we are seeing alot of KR. May try and put fresh fuel in it but not sure if I'll have time today.

Ken
Old 11-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #11
KenBMD

Oh yeah, if I didn't mention it, I have full datalogging capabilities on it.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #12
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBMD View Post
Well I didn't want to over step my bounds since I'm not an advertiser.

We use EFI Live for the GMs.
No problem Ken. We're pretty relaxed over here about that kinda stuff. If you want to continue to advertise I'm sure you can work something out with the owner.

Excellent choice for the GM tuning. I love my EFI live.
Kevin Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
KenBMD

Well, still seeing some knock, I think we just have some shitty fuel in it. But still some great results. Gonna finish up tomorrow but for tonight

219 whp stock/stage I

262 whp MD tuned

Outstanding issues:
Pretty sure we have a boost leak, can't get more than 16 psi out of it
a bit too much knock retard, pretty sure we have some less than good fuel

I'm thinking if we could get it to 18 psi and hold ok, 270+ wouldn't be an issue. I'm pretty happy with the results. This things are kinda fun to tune.

Ken
Old 11-14-2008, 08:54 PM   #14
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

262whp with JUST a tune? Or downpipe, bpu?

Either way, great gains.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #15
SmokinSrt
2,000 posts club

Yeah I'm curious to whats done to it also. Just plain old stage 1 on a stock car? I'd be interested to see what a different wastegate and an open exhaust would do if your getting those results on just stage 1. I didn't have any problems with my dtech at all, didn't dyno tune it just street tune but no problems came from it. Hooked the wideband up went out beat on it and made the corrections, but every situation is different and causes problems. What ecu were you stage 0 or 1? Your setup was a lot different than mine with your injectors and turbo, me just running stock turbo on stage 2 ecu and meth. Mine was more just pulling fuel out at wot and keeping afr decent not as complex as what you were doing starting from scratch basically.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #16
KenBMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
262whp with JUST a tune? Or downpipe, bpu?

Either way, great gains.

Just a tune.

Here is the before and after dyno graph

Something very important to remember. I am recalibrating the factory computer. This is not a pigggy back. So once I'm done, you shouldn't really have to mess with it. The Predator holds 5 tunes so we can do race gas tunes, pump gas etc. This is the real deal. No reason to ever buy a piggyback again IMO. And I'm not even tapping what all it can do. I can change everything in the factory cal. Different map, injectors whatever you want.

Ken
Old 11-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #17
KenBMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinSrt View Post
Yeah I'm curious to whats done to it also. Just plain old stage 1 on a stock car? I'd be interested to see what a different wastegate and an open exhaust would do if your getting those results on just stage 1. I didn't have any problems with my dtech at all, didn't dyno tune it just street tune but no problems came from it. Hooked the wideband up went out beat on it and made the corrections, but every situation is different and causes problems. What ecu were you stage 0 or 1? Your setup was a lot different than mine with your injectors and turbo, me just running stock turbo on stage 2 ecu and meth. Mine was more just pulling fuel out at wot and keeping afr decent not as complex as what you were doing starting from scratch basically.

What is done to your car and what power did it make?

Ken
Old 11-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #18
SmokinSrt
2,000 posts club

I don't have it anymore, Marion that had the silver srt that came to you guys for dyno helped me on mine. I had agp wastegate, stage 2, sno meth kit., three inch exhaust, boost controller, pretty much all the bolt ons for stock turbo along with the dtech. I never dynoed it but off what his car made and our cars on the highway together it should have easily been 290-300.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #19
hksdsm11

hksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of lighthksdsm11 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to hksdsm11
Looks like AFR's are in the 11.9 area, is that so?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #20
alex
POS NEON

alex has a spectacular aura aboutalex has a spectacular aura aboutalex has a spectacular aura aboutalex has a spectacular aura aboutalex has a spectacular aura aboutalex has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to alex
So...I assumed this was the SCT flash, but damn. Do you guys sell the units?

alex is offline   Reply With Quote