Scion FRS-- First one off the truck - Page 6 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Toyota / Scion Discussion

Old 07-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #101
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedH22 View Post
the drunk has a good point...

This car 'does' have the 'potential' to be the next miata. Not as in a gay dude's car... but a very popular autox/sports compact car... but I am skeptical because the miata had its own market captured as a roadster. this car does not have a captured market.

Also agree that 250whp in something as light and nimble as this car seems to be, would be a ton of fun. But I sure wouldnt buy a new one, just to void the warranty. I would wait for hte first pre-owned one, let someone else cover the depreciation cost.
Don't forget about that inevitable ricer tax. I don't see these things depreciating much at all over the next few years.

Like the 05-06 RSX, you'll be able to pick one up in five years for 23k when they were 25k new LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #102
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca Fella Bryan View Post
Don't forget about that inevitable ricer tax. I don't see these things depreciating much at all over the next few years.

Like the 05-06 RSX, you'll be able to pick one up in five years for 23k when they were 25k new LOL.
I bought my 05 Type-S with 40,000 miles for $13,500 almost 4 years ago.

whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #103
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19206

flame on
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #104
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6motorheadftop View Post
BRB. Ordering a $10,000 twin turbo kit for my stock car too. Bet it'll be awesome.

On a serious note however, I am carefully watching how these little engine hold up under pressure. They would make a really fun project car in the future.

Last edited by Roca Fella Bryan; 10-08-2012 at 06:49 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #105
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
LOL at the fantasy track times they think this car will run at that power level and weight. That car will be lucky to crack a 10 and go 125mph.
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #106
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

v6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enoughv6motorheadftop will become famous soon enough
11.3 at 410 rwhp on drag radials.

Kit is supposed to be around 7800, but you will also need a clutch upgrade
Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #107
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
Got a link to that pass? I'd like to see the video and/or slip.

Edit found it

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...highlight=Drag

Last edited by SloRice; 10-08-2012 at 10:17 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #108
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

personally, I don't think they'll hit 10s on that turbo unless they add in nitrous. It doesn't hit full boost early enough, unless they increase the rpm range

edit: talking about the 35r. I think AP will hit 10s next year early on. On stock suspension would be pretty neat to see

Last edited by v6motorheadftop; 10-09-2012 at 06:33 AM..
Old 10-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #109
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

So how much power are these things making with bolt ons? Bolting a "$7800" turbo kit on any car would make it pretty quick.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #110
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

bolt-ons.....as in intake, exhaust?? probably like 5whp.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #111
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

200whp with e85 and a tune. With pump gas, practically no gains.

You can get 400rwhp with about 5500. I bet by this time next year the kids should have the new case premium removed
Old 10-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #112
Carbon01GT
a.k.a. Badmeat

Carbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of light
Have they unlocked the DI tables yet?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #113
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

they have unlocked the mapping on the DI setup. As far as tunability, I'm not 100% sure if they have unlocked the full use of the DI system, as it shuts off midway throught eh rpm band.

I can tell you that the DI system is probably the only reason these cars haven't exploded with more than 10 psi (e85, I could understand, but there's a couple people running 10psi+ on pump gas)
Old 10-26-2012, 03:35 AM   #114
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

not the route I plan on going, since they only have a turn key option at this point, but I figure I should still leave this here (cost is around 15k, which includes many supporting mods and a standalone from what I understand, all installed)
Old 10-26-2012, 06:37 AM   #115
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6motorheadftop View Post
not the route I plan on going, since they only have a turn key option at this point, but I figure I should still leave this here (cost is around 15k, which includes many supporting mods and a standalone from what I understand, all installed)
Good lawd! 15k and I expect any car to move out.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #116
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Jesse
Remember those guys that came up from Louisville last year and won King of the Streets in the black 350z? Well looks like they've plunged into the brz platform. IMO this is very impressive out of a GT2871R

Last edited by Jesse; 10-26-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #117
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca Fella Bryan View Post
Good lawd! 15k and I expect any car to move out.
So 25 for car and 15 for kit.
No thanks.
Ill buy an e55, tune it a bit, run same times and have 10k to spend on weed and blow.... and hookers.
Biturbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #118
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Remember those guys that came up from Louisville last year and won King of the Streets in the black 350z? Well looks like they've plunged into the brz platform. IMO this is very impressive out of a GT2871R

they built a really nice car. I had the opportunity to see it a month ago, and the thing hauls. I just personally do not want to pay $100+ per hour to have someone install something I would get the pleasure out of installing mysself.

A comparable setup is selling through 2 other vendors for $6,995 and $7,200 respectively.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #119
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Jesse
Some people have the money to play, and some don't... why do you think I own a 240sx.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #120
v6motorheadftop
All slow no go

well if anyone is interested, I will have a turbo on it for next year's TNL, barring we don't have any other huge expenses for the house. I'm not sure which kit I'll be going with, but I wont be pushing 15-20 psi right away (I want someone to break theirs before I do mine)