So I got a Scooby today - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Subaru Discussions

Old 01-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
So I got a Scooby today
Sold the 'Teg Wednesday and had a Forester set up that has yet to come through... so i bought a '97 Legacy GT today.

High miles. Clean car overall, needs head gaskets, but I'm setup for winter

Any suggestions for it or should i just drive the fucker?

Old 01-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #2
9cobra4
Some say...

9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all
Gt35r and supporting mods. Do it.
9cobra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:30 AM   #3
S14Daver
CSS adict

S14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of lightS14Daver is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to S14Daver
Lol, just drive the shit out of it this winter and enjoy.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:46 AM   #4
Boosted Dan
Turbo + AWD = the best

Boosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Boosted Dan
Any pictures of it? I think the 97 body style is the best in legacys until like the 05. Just fix the head gasket and you will have a nice winter car.

On a side note good luck going back to a fwd car after having awd, I have 95 200sx and I can't stand the fwd so its getting sold to get my wrx back on the road.

Last edited by Boosted Dan; 01-02-2010 at 02:13 AM..
Boosted Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
I got a Scooby too but its a wiener dog and Scooby is his name.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
Tuned200
Small Boost.

Tuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really nice
^lol

Post some photos of the new beast.
Tuned200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
These were the ones the guy sent me.

Its clean overall, everything works on it. Going to fix it up this week and have some fun!!

Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
hmm... those aren't too bad looking.
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #9
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
I have always liked those! Good Pick-up IMO
Old 01-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

I didn't do too bad on price, got it for rough trade in. Going to pull the engine this week and do the head gaskets, prob valve job too. These are bad for beating the exh seats out of the heads so better safe than sorry on that much work.

It has a few other little things that need attention. Has a vibration with speed, feels like driveshaft out of balance or stiff U-joint. Needs a little cleaning here and there, the pass rear window works but the driver door switch for it doesn't go up. Little shit overall.

I like the looks of it and it has been well taken care of. I think I did ok for a winter car.

Prob sell it sometime this year, anyone interested let me know!!
Old 01-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #11
Boosted Dan
Turbo + AWD = the best

Boosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Boosted Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisor View Post
I didn't do too bad on price, got it for rough trade in. Going to pull the engine this week and do the head gaskets, prob valve job too. These are bad for beating the exh seats out of the heads so better safe than sorry on that much work.

It has a few other little things that need attention. Has a vibration with speed, feels like driveshaft out of balance or stiff U-joint. Needs a little cleaning here and there, the pass rear window works but the driver door switch for it doesn't go up. Little shit overall.

I like the looks of it and it has been well taken care of. I think I did ok for a winter car.

Prob sell it sometime this year, anyone interested let me know!!
Looks good man, I really do like the body style of that year. Great pickup for a winter/dd car.
Boosted Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #12
Tuned200
Small Boost.

Tuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really nice
You don't need to pull the motor to do headgaskets. My local subie dealer mechanic can do a set in 1/2 of book time with motor in car.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #13
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
I think Kisor knows what he is doing lol

whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #14
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Haha, thanks Kent

But I've never had to do just head gaskets on a Subie. Done a few engines and plenty of belts and reseals among other things. I just assumed it would be easier to do with it out. From the tight quarters just doing valve covers i didn't think the bolts would clear the framerails... I'll give it a shot though.

Thanks for the tip!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #15
Tuned200
Small Boost.

No problem. I didnt think it was possible either until I watched him do it. Good luck.

2006 Subaru Forester XT 5 Speed
2007 Subaru Forester STI 6 Speed
2008 Suzuki Blvd.