Mazda MS3 "Warrany work" - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Mazda Discussions

Old 08-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
Mazda MS3 "Warrany work"
So, I have a question.. Everyone knows my luck with cars, so with my Mazda I've been getting the oil changes there for record sake, and also they're free. Everytime I go in, they try to have me do "warranty work". Well, I'm about to tip over 30k miles.. And they told me I'm due for my 30k service, which is $400 bonez. Well, in reviewing what they do it appears the only actual "service" they perform is a trans flush, replace air filter and replace wipers. Everything else they just "inspect". So I guess basically my question is, in order to keep my warranty in tact, do I HAVE to have these services completed? It looks like a bunch of bullshit work, to get an extra 400 bucks..

Any other Mazda owners, xandrake/larimar/ect who have personal experience feel free to chime in. My appt is tomorrow morning, but I'm up in the air on whether I'm going to have them do it or not.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
SpoonyGT
Motorboatin SOB

SpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to allSpoonyGT is a name known to all
That's the downside to these warranties.
SpoonyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
You usually don't HAVE to have the work done there, though. You can go somewhere like Spradlin where they have Mazda licensed mechanics and still keep your warranty and pay 1/3 the price.

Just want to verify first but if Lexus allowed me to do it, I'd be shocked if Mazda didn't.. The Lexus folks are like vultures waiting for your warranty to expire!
leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Just have the dealer do it. The last thing your unlucky ass needs is to get fucked on a warranty.

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Jesse
You racked up 30k on that thing already? Damn son.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
You racked up 30k on that thing already? Damn son.
Yea, I drive a lot. ;o/
Old 08-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Better pull out that 400 dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
the 30k doesnt include a coolant or brake fluid change?

if anything i would tell them to shove that stupid ass service up the a, and just get the trans service done. buy the air filter and wipers over the counter and put them in. they are going to inspect your car no matter if you buy the service package or not. i almost guarantee that everything they "inspect", they are going to try to sell you.

look in the owners manual and see what is recomended by mazda at 30k miles, and go by that. if they recomend trans flush, just do that and pay $100 instead of $400.

if they try to sell you other crap ask them to show you why it needs replaced.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #9
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
they cant void any warranty for anything other than the trans service, and even then only if mazda recomends it. dealerships can throw any list of things into a "30k" service, even if the manufacturer doesnt say its due.

you got an auto trans in that thing?
BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #10
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Ok I had a full 100k warranty on the speed6 so let me tell you. First, not doing the scheduled maintenance will not void your warranty. Meaning you can do it and be just fine. They tried to say I had to prove I did my oil changes and I about shit I laughed so hard. I told em pretty much that they were idiots and that shit wasnt going to work. From then on they were fine. Just have to show you know your rights. I did all my own scheduled maintenance, down to swapping diff fluids, etc. Dont let them fuck you. Go to Sweeny. They are the least of all the ass face stealerships in Cincinnati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincySVT View Post
We need to talk to push, but always down for hooters. Nobody can be mad with wings, beer, and titties in their face
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
Bunjiro
1,000 posts club

Bunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Bunjiro
What's the year make and model? I got all data on my computer and can look up the 30k service.
Bunjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #12
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Ford's 30k is LOF, rotate, air and fuel filters, wiper blades, trans flush (auto only), oil additive, and fuel additive.

Mitsubishi's is LOF, rotate, wipers, air filter, trans and coolant drain and fill.

No trans flush is worth $350. EVO's that take DiaQueen trans fluid don't cost that much, and that shit's expensive.

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #13
bigwoofersnet
Click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
the 30k doesnt include a coolant or brake fluid change?

if anything i would tell them to shove that stupid ass service up the a, and just get the trans service done. buy the air filter and wipers over the counter and put them in. they are going to inspect your car no matter if you buy the service package or not. i almost guarantee that everything they "inspect", they are going to try to sell you.

look in the owners manual and see what is recomended by mazda at 30k miles, and go by that. if they recomend trans flush, just do that and pay $100 instead of $400.

if they try to sell you other crap ask them to show you why it needs replaced.
I just looked at the sheet again, and it does look like they do a coolant flush.. But, after what you said I looked at the owners manual and Mazda doesn't recommend a coolant flush till 120k miles... no brake fluid change.
Quote:
they cant void any warranty for anything other than the trans service, and even then only if mazda recomends it. dealerships can throw any list of things into a "30k" service, even if the manufacturer doesnt say its due.

you got an auto trans in that thing?
I can't find a single thing about trans fluid change in my manual.. it's a 6 speed, btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincySVT View Post
Ok I had a full 100k warranty on the speed6 so let me tell you. First, not doing the scheduled maintenance will not void your warranty. Meaning you can do it and be just fine. They tried to say I had to prove I did my oil changes and I about shit I laughed so hard. I told em pretty much that they were idiots and that shit wasnt going to work. From then on they were fine. Just have to show you know your rights. I did all my own scheduled maintenance, down to swapping diff fluids, etc. Dont let them fuck you. Go to Sweeny. They are the least of all the ass face stealerships in Cincinnati.
Well, I've gone there for all my oil changes, mainly because they're free.. But I'm on the verge of going some place else, because they are always trying to sell me some kind of service.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #14
bigwoofersnet
Click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjiro View Post
What's the year make and model? I got all data on my computer and can look up the 30k service.
2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse View Post
Ford's 30k is LOF, rotate, air and fuel filters, wiper blades, trans flush (auto only), oil additive, and fuel additive.

Mitsubishi's is LOF, rotate, wipers, air filter, trans and coolant drain and fill.

No trans flush is worth $350. EVO's that take DiaQueen trans fluid don't cost that much, and that shit's expensive.
Yea, I don't see anything about a trans flush in the manual..
Old 08-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #15
Bunjiro
1,000 posts club

Bunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura aboutBunjiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Bunjiro
Well I would go punch them in the dick because it only says to replace oil and oil filter.
Bunjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #16
bigwoofersnet
Click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjiro View Post
Well I would go punch them in the dick because it only says to replace oil and oil filter.
Those shady ass mother fuckers.. Don't they know we're in a recession!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #17
BTM

a manual trans should nearly never need service, like 100k miles or something. just follow the recomendations in the owners manual exactly, and tell them to eff off on anything else, unless they show you what it needs, and it clearly needs the work.
BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #18
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Quote:
a manual trans should nearly never need service, like 100k miles or something. just follow the recomendations in the owners manual exactly, and tell them to eff off on anything else, unless they show you what it needs, and it clearly needs the work.
Tranny fluid: Every 30k for Honda under normal service, every 15k under severe service, Automatic or Manual.

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #19
fallout
Lurks Mostly

fallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to fallout
Some high end transmissions, like RSX 6 speeds for instance, have a shorter trans fluid interval and I bet this MS6 has something like 60k miles. Sounds like they are trying to hose you on some shit tho cause 30k is nothing. My Civic beater tho.. according to the manual, 90k miles between tranny fluid changes, lol.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #20
fallout
Lurks Mostly

fallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to fallout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
Tranny fluid: Every 30k for Honda under normal service, every 15k under severe service, Automatic or Manual.
Interval in my CX manual says 90k miles. I feel like that quote is kinda like the 3000 mile oil change rule. Every Honda i've owned has said the oil change interval was almost double what I usually do, like 8000 miles or some crazy shit! Everyone goes by the 3000 rule tho.
fallout is offline   Reply With Quote