The time has come...KLZE powered 1G protege - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Mazda Discussions

Old 02-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #21
Tugboat
CSS adict

Tugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpro View Post
Thanks ameen. You're welcome to come by bro. Hell come this weekend and turn some wrenches with me lol

Damn tugboat, you're full of knowledge ha. I was told to change the valve springs and retainers to de ones. Quick question, are the k8 ones the same? Only reason I wondered about the sc is because IF later on I get tired of the ze power(which should be about the same power as the turbo'd bp setup I had) that would be perfect. 250whp is all I wanted to go. Anything more and I'll go a whole new diferection and make her a 4wd.
No, I'm pretty sure the K8 heads are different...

Oh, and IIRC, the DE heads are 33mm on the hla's, and the ZE are 33 on intake, and 31mm on the exhaust...but some had 33 all around...fucking weird.

Oh, and if you don't have ZE heads/cams, I have a set of ZE intake camshafts I would let go pretty cheap.

And if you have a de, and want a ZE manifold, I have one as well, with vris solenoids, etc...trade+cash?
my car when its done all motor will at the slowest run a mid 10 i'll put my title on that. i'm not building a stock motor or a street legal car. i'm building a real 4 cyl not like most of the kids that think when you throw a gsr or a single in a car with some headers and a chipped ecu it's fast.

Last edited by Tugboat; 02-08-2010 at 04:30 PM..
Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 03:33 AM   #22
Turpro

Turpro can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Turpro Send a message via MSN to Turpro Send a message via Yahoo to Turpro
I have a full straight neck ze with the good cams. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to remote mount the brake res so the straight neck will clear or go the easy route and grab a curved neck millenia or ze manifold.
Turpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:35 AM   #23
Turpro

Send a message via AIM to Turpro Send a message via MSN to Turpro Send a message via Yahoo to Turpro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDatsunKid View Post
if you haven't already researched the forums it may be worth a glance at mx-3.com just to see what's out there as the mx-3 guys run the ZE quite regularly as well.
Thanks. I'm a member of mx-3.com,probetalk.com and mx6.com already. The kl is a new adventure for sure but from what I have researched they're a well put together motor.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #24
Tugboat
CSS adict

Tugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of lightTugboat is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I have a full straight neck ze with the good cams. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to remote mount the brake res so the straight neck will clear or go the easy route and grab a curved neck millenia or ze manifold.
Honestly, it's all up to you...on an N/A motor, you're not going to see a huge difference between the two.

Just get a KLG4 intake manifold (off the millenia (non S) that *should* clear, not sure...just seems like an asshole ton of work to fuck with, to make maybe 3whp, for 2k rpm's,

The KLG4 makes more power across the rpm range as a whole, and more torque.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #25
RJTSi
CSS newbie

RJTSi is on a distinguished road
sounds like a cool project. good luck. it's kind of refreshing to see some useful/helpful info being posted on this forum.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:19 AM   #26
Turpro

Thanks^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat View Post
Honestly, it's all up to you...on an N/A motor, you're not going to see a huge difference between the two.

Just get a KLG4 intake manifold (off the millenia (non S) that *should* clear, not sure...just seems like an asshole ton of work to fuck with, to make maybe 3whp, for 2k rpm's,

The KLG4 makes more power across the rpm range as a whole, and more torque.
Is the klg4 manifold a curved neck?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:35 AM   #27
Turpro

For ppl that don't know my car or the motor here's a little video of a kl swapped all motor 323 that runs 11.2. The 323 is the 2dr model of my car. Of course he has a lighter car,itbs and I'm sure a bunch of motor work but I was impressed

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a00v0xP...xl=AdsControl1
Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #28
Tugboat
CSS adict

Quote:
For ppl that don't know my car or the motor here's a little video of a kl swapped all motor 323 that runs 11.2. The 323 is the 2dr model of my car. Of course he has a lighter car,itbs and I'm sure a bunch of motor work but I was impressed

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a00v0xP...xl=AdsControl1
KLG4 is straight neck...

And for being an all motor car, it honestly doesn't have ALL that much done...
Unported ZE heads with SLA's
Colt camshafts
ITB's
Not sure what's going on with the bottom end...

Oh, and it has a dry sump, cause it spins close to 12k rpms...
Old 03-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #29
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Good lord I remember when I was 18 and had a 96pgt and dreamed of swapping a KLZE ha ha. Those have like a 10:1 compression ratio right? Someone told me that they are not as safe to boost because of that. (sorry been outta of probetalk for a while ha ha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincySVT View Post
We need to talk to push, but always down for hooters. Nobody can be mad with wings, beer, and titties in their face
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #30
Tugboat
CSS adict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincySVT View Post
Good lord I remember when I was 18 and had a 96pgt and dreamed of swapping a KLZE ha ha. Those have like a 10:1 compression ratio right? Someone told me that they are not as safe to boost because of that. (sorry been outta of probetalk for a while ha ha)
Yeah 10 to 1...

They are interference motors, and they wont take as much boost, but they can be turbo'ed... they like S/C's

Cast pistons+10:1 comp+boost= teh
Old 03-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #31
Squale iii
Palshctib

Squale iii is infamous around these parts
Just buy a new car. I knew a guy with a KLwhatever swapped MX3 running higher compression. It had to run with race gas...and it was slow as fuck.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:56 AM   #32
Turpro

Not looking to build a race car. Just getting a little more power on a budget