LS-Juan Lifter help - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Domestic Tech

Old 09-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #21
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #22
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jfisher Send a message via MSN to jfisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvette98 View Post
Yup... stoopid chebby
I'd take that over a main bearing!

2013 Cruze Eco 1.4T 6MT
1993 Mustang
2007 Yamaha R1
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #23
BES_Stroked_Nova
LSx>you

BES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really nice
did you check the rocker arm bearing? lots of 97-98's had problems with them.... which would give you a tick. I have had 3 personal 98's have rocker arm bearings go bad, and have fixed about 8-10 myself. all of which had stock camshafts with the problem...

yeah I know ls1's are junk. I vote ls6 cam and ls6 valve springs, and leave the rest be.
Camaro v6 Race Car
Sadturd gear banging daily family beater
BES_Stroked_Nova is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #24
bkvette98
It broked...

bkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to bkvette98
Quote:
Originally Posted by BES_Stroked_Nova View Post
did you check the rocker arm bearing? lots of 97-98's had problems with them.... which would give you a tick. I have had 3 personal 98's have rocker arm bearings go bad, and have fixed about 8-10 myself. all of which had stock camshafts with the problem...

yeah I know ls1's are junk. I vote ls6 cam and ls6 valve springs, and leave the rest be.
Yeah, we checked to make sure all the needle bearings were still in place from what we could see. The noise comes in right around 2k rpm and is kind of intermittent. I found a video on youtube of the sound by searching ls1 lifter tick.

I think that is the direction i am going to take with the ls6 springs/cam...will i need a new mass air for when it gets reflashed?
bkvette98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #25
Blue99fbody
zip em up!

Blue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Blue99fbody
no

98 SS m6
99 Z28 nbm m6
09 Trailblazer SS
11 silverado ccsb 6.2
03 ZX-6R 636
01 ktm 300exc
32' baja twin 454s
www.dolce-vita-photography.com
Blue99fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #26
bkvette98
It broked...

bkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to allbkvette98 is a name known to all
word
Old 09-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #27
SLO_GTO
1,000 posts club

SLO_GTO will become famous soon enoughSLO_GTO will become famous soon enoughSLO_GTO will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SLO_GTO
Let me know if you need help........................

mwhahaha.

2005 Lexus RX330

Combat Engineer PFC United States Army
SLO_GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #28
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_GTO View Post
Let me know if you need help........................

mwhahaha.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #29
bkvette98
It broked...

yyeeaahhhhh about that....
Old 09-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #30
Ls1Rule
CSS regular

Ls1Rule will become famous soon enoughLs1Rule will become famous soon enoughLs1Rule will become famous soon enough
I daily my car with an ms3, once tuned it was no problem. The noise gets old tho.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #31
bkvette98
It broked...

Well, since the weather is so nice out now, I figured I might as well go ahead and get this hoopty fixed....so Kisor is going to be taking care of it this weekend.

I bought LS7 lifters but need a cam just in case mine is jacked up...

Long shot, but do any of you have a factory LS-Juan cam or know of where I can get a FACTORY one (new)...I have decided I'm just going that route instead of making any changes...I at least need 1 car to run!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #32
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
I have an idea. How about you leave it the fuck stock and use the cam money to finish your goddamn Mustang.

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #33
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse View Post
I have an idea. How about you leave it the fuck stock and use the cam money to finish your goddamn Mustang.
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #34
ForceFed
Fu(k (ivility

ForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to ForceFed
Put a cam in it....
Pussy.
ForceFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #35
bkvette98
It broked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse View Post
WAT do you think I'm doing?! Either way i need a new cam since the lifters prob jacked it up...
Old 02-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #36
bestracing
Someone took my Swingline

bestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura about
PM NTMID8 on NKYFBA.com. I know he has at least one if not two stock cams in his garage. Tell him BestRacing refered you

EDIT: He has Camaro cams not sure you will want it

1986 Trans Am - just for cruising and having fun

Last edited by bestracing; 02-01-2011 at 11:53 AM..
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #37
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jfisher Send a message via MSN to jfisher
I think I know the real reason you are trying to fix this car!!! LOL! That's ok though!!! Hahahahaha
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #38
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher View Post
I think I know the real reason you are trying to fix this car!!! LOL! That's ok though!!! Hahahahaha
better chance of getting it in with a Vette instead of a Sentra??
Old 02-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #39
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestracing View Post
PM NTMID8 on NKYFBA.com. I know he has at least one if not two stock cams in his garage. Tell him BestRacing refered you

EDIT: He has Camaro cams not sure you will want it
Isn't a LS1 Camaro cam the same as a LS1 C5 cam???
Old 02-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #40
slvrbackls1
CSS regular

slvrbackls1 is a jewel in the roughslvrbackls1 is a jewel in the roughslvrbackls1 is a jewel in the roughslvrbackls1 is a jewel in the roughslvrbackls1 is a jewel in the roughslvrbackls1 is a jewel in the roughslvrbackls1 is a jewel in the rough
What year is your car again? I may be able to get you a decent price on a brand new one through my work.