Suggestions...? - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 06-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
NKYspdemon
Hy-Brid

NKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura about
Suggestions...?
I want a car...I've got abour $6k to spend right now...I could wait til the end of summer and have $2-3k more, but I really want a car now...open to any suggestions...
2002 Audi S4...SOLD...
2002 WRX...SOLD...
2004 Mazda Rx-8...SOLD...
NKYspdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
Buy my 98 Ranger for dirt cheap and save some money and get into something newer with more potential.

whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
What about an 01 ranger!!!!!
Ampypants is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Turbo Contour SVT...seriously. I know a few for sale. 300-400whp with 3L/hybrid turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincySVT View Post
We need to talk to push, but always down for hooters. Nobody can be mad with wings, beer, and titties in their face
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:12 AM   #5
NKYspdemon
Hy-Brid

NKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincySVT View Post
Turbo Contour SVT...seriously. I know a few for sale. 300-400whp with 3L/hybrid turbo
Links?

And I've been looking at MR2 turbo's and a couple VR4's and GSX's, before I got denied on my application for a loan I was looking at WRX, which is prolly what I'd get if I waited for the end of summer.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
noTe
1,000 posts club

noTe will become famous soon enoughnoTe will become famous soon enoughnoTe will become famous soon enough
You will probably need almost 10k for a WRX below 120k miles
noTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Lol you don't want a VR4. Or a DSM.
MR2 is a possibility, but from what I understand, not too fun to work on. But you live in KY, so you can always have Ty build it for ya.
I would suggest a 240. Blah blah, everyone has one. Whatever. They're easy to work on, plentiful so there's not a shortage of parts and you can put pretty much any drivetrain you want.
240Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:29 AM   #8
NKYspdemon
Hy-Brid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Jeff View Post
Lol you don't want a VR4. Or a DSM.
MR2 is a possibility, but from what I understand, not too fun to work on. But you live in KY, so you can always have Ty build it for ya.
I would suggest a 240. Blah blah, everyone has one. Whatever. They're easy to work on, plentiful so there's not a shortage of parts and you can put pretty much any drivetrain you want.
I do have a 240 I'm looking at, really good shape. But its a vert, stock engine, 102k miles, and he wants 4k for it...so I don't think I'd have the money for an engine swap.

I've heard the MR2's are kinda a bitch too, but I have a full garage at my disposal, lift, air tools, all kinds of awesome. Still would prolly be tough, just maybe slightly less so lol and who's Ty?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
NKYspdemon
Hy-Brid

Quote:
Originally Posted by noTe View Post
You will probably need almost 10k for a WRX below 120k miles
Pretty much, but I could've done that easy with a loan...got denied on that one tho...damn my lack of credit history...
Old 06-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #10
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKYspdemon View Post
Links?

And I've been looking at MR2 turbo's and a couple VR4's and GSX's, before I got denied on my application for a loan I was looking at WRX, which is prolly what I'd get if I waited for the end of summer.
www.contour.org
There is a few around there.
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #11
altima3.5se
shift_DEAD

altima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nicealtima3.5se is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to altima3.5se
VQ altima FTW
altima3.5se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #12
tator
giggity giggity

tator is a jewel in the roughtator is a jewel in the roughtator is a jewel in the roughtator is a jewel in the roughtator is a jewel in the roughtator is a jewel in the roughtator is a jewel in the roughtator is a jewel in the roughtator is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to tator
for 6k i'd buy something like a 1st gen awd dsm, lt1 fbody, or mk3 supra. Just my op..
Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #13
NKYspdemon
Hy-Brid

Looks like I'm finding my way into a salvaged 2007 Mazda 3 for right at the price I was talking about, small fire in the back so if anybody knows where I could buy interior carpet/seats/upholstery for the ceiling let me know!! Prolly gonna keep it over the winter and next summer I'll either A) sell it for a nice little profit and get a different car or B) have enough cash to mess around with it a little bit
Old 06-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #14
Squale iii
Palshctib

Squale iii is infamous around these parts
spend 5-6 and get a clean ass foxbody
Old 06-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #15
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Quote:
I do have a 240 I'm looking at, really good shape. But its a vert, stock engine, 102k miles, and he wants 4k for it...so I don't think I'd have the money for an engine swap.

I've heard the MR2's are kinda a bitch too, but I have a full garage at my disposal, lift, air tools, all kinds of awesome. Still would prolly be tough, just maybe slightly less so lol and who's Ty?
Yeah that's highway robbery. You can pick up a clean S13 with decent miles for 1500-3kish and S14s for 3k-6k depending on year, color and miles.
I would say get an S14.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #16
NOLV4V8
since 1999

NOLV4V8 will become famous soon enoughNOLV4V8 will become famous soon enoughNOLV4V8 will become famous soon enoughNOLV4V8 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NOLV4V8
mine:

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209054

93 GSX - SOLD
NOLV4V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #17
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLV4V8 View Post
That is sexy!!
Ampypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #18
NKYspdemon
Hy-Brid

Can't find an interior for the 3, don't feel like fucking with it...

So what do you all have against VR4's? I never really understood that...
Old 06-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #19
240Jeff
Riff raff

Quote:
Can't find an interior for the 3, don't feel like fucking with it...

So what do you all have against VR4's? I never really understood that...
Heavy, hard to work on (from my experiences, limited space in the engine bay), they like to break transfer cases, and transmissions, but that comes with the AWD drivetrain.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #20
NKYspdemon
Hy-Brid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Jeff View Post
Heavy, hard to work on (from my experiences, limited space in the engine bay), they like to break transfer cases, and transmissions, but that comes with the AWD drivetrain.
Alright, that makes sense..

I guess the only other requirement is that I have to be able to drive the car all year in any conditions..