Connections? - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 07-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #21
NKYspdemon
Hy-Brid

NKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Dan View Post
Doesn't sound bad at all really, the turbo can't really add to much to the car because you have to put it on yourself. I'm guessing the 2nd set of wheels are a winter setup? If you are looking into getting a 6speed that thread on nasioc I posted has all the info you need to do it with keeping your hubs, brakes and axles. If your looking to just rebuild the 5 speed I would ask tic who they would go to or if they do it.

The more I think about it I think it seems kinda high for an 03 with a bad trans, but I'm not to sure what they really go for anymore.
He only wants $5k for it, the $6k number was after taxes and repairing the synchro. If I was going to do the whole tranny it'd be a bit more than that.
2002 Audi S4...SOLD...
2002 WRX...SOLD...
2004 Mazda Rx-8...SOLD...
NKYspdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #22
Boosted Dan
Turbo + AWD = the best

Boosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Boosted Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKYspdemon View Post
He only wants $5k for it, the $6k number was after taxes and repairing the synchro. If I was going to do the whole tranny it'd be a bit more than that.
Well 5 is more like it. I think you will be happy anyway you go with the trans, but it would be cheaper to just find a used one off nasioc and put it in.
Boosted Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #23
NKYspdemon
Hy-Brid

NKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura aboutNKYspdemon has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Well 5 is more like it. I think you will be happy anyway you go with the trans, but it would be cheaper to just find a used one off nasioc and put it in.
Yeah, but would I be better off just spending a couple extra thousand and getting one that I know is good and I don't have to worry about how many miles are on the clutch and trans. Cause if I replaced the whole trans instead of just fixing the one in it I'd be looking at around $8-9k anyway, and thats if i did it myself

Old 07-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #24
SHIFT_Lock
DTF DG4L

SHIFT_Lock will become famous soon enoughSHIFT_Lock will become famous soon enoughSHIFT_Lock will become famous soon enough
R8 gear sets are around 1200. Id do that. If you get this one i'll trade you my wheels for the 18g. :)

WAGON#2We don't join bandwagons, We drive them!
SHIFT_Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #25
SHIFT_Lock
DTF DG4L

SHIFT_Lock will become famous soon enoughSHIFT_Lock will become famous soon enoughSHIFT_Lock will become famous soon enough
Pics?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #26
NKYspdemon
Hy-Brid

He doesn't have many pics up...here's the craigs link:

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/1248144397.html

This is probably option 2 (minus the headlights, he said he has the stock ones)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3329468
Old 07-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #27
Boosted Dan
Turbo + AWD = the best

Boosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the roughBoosted Dan is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFT_Lock View Post
R8 gear sets are around 1200. Id do that. If you get this one i'll trade you my wheels for the 18g. :)
Not trying to hurt your trade offer but if its a sedan it will look odd, the sedans run a 42-48 offset because we have the front fender flairs.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #28
Boosted Dan
Turbo + AWD = the best

Quote:

This is probably option 2 (minus the headlights, he said he has the stock ones)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3329468
If you buy the 2nd one I will buy the headlights off of you.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #29
NKYspdemon
Hy-Brid

Quote:
If you buy the 2nd one I will buy the headlights off of you.
Idk if the headlights are an option at the price I offered, but that one is looking better and better, anyone wanna road trip it out to get it with me? lol
Old 07-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #30
SHIFT_Lock
DTF DG4L

Quote:
Not trying to hurt your trade offer but if its a sedan it will look odd, the sedans run a 42-48 offset because we have the front fender flairs.
Yeah I didn't think about that. Good lookin out man. SPacers? hahA
Old 07-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #31
Boosted Dan
Turbo + AWD = the best

Quote:
Idk if the headlights are an option at the price I offered, but that one is looking better and better, anyone wanna road trip it out to get it with me? lol
Damn... Its really hard to find them headlights anymore, and they look really good on the psm wrx's(witch I have :D)
Old 07-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #32
SHIFT_Lock
DTF DG4L

Quote:
Damn... Its really hard to find them headlights anymore, and they look really good on the psm wrx's(witch I have :D)
That and i like them on the white ones too. I'm debating on if i just wanna paint mine black.

GL with the buy either way man. WRX's are sweet.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #33
Boosted Dan
Turbo + AWD = the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFT_Lock View Post
That and i like them on the white ones too. I'm debating on if i just wanna paint mine black.

GL with the buy either way man. WRX's are sweet.
I think they look good on all bugeye's, just more so in the silver and white.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #34
SHIFT_Lock
DTF DG4L

Quote:
I think they look good on all bugeye's, just more so in the silver and white.
Agreed.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #35
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
All you guys and your WRX talk.
I want a blue 05 wagon. Find me one.

So I can make it look like this:

Last edited by 240Jeff; 07-07-2009 at 04:35 PM..
240Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #36
Boosted Dan
Turbo + AWD = the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Jeff View Post
All you guys and your WRX talk.
I want a blue 05 wagon. Find me one.

So I can make it look like this:

04 is the same body style just different dash boards, and I think the 02-04 dashboards look better.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #37
Boosted Dan
Turbo + AWD = the best

Quote:

Just noticed he has 2 different sets of wheels on the car witch you can do different sizes on an awd car, and if they are different sizes than he's hurting more than just the trans.