Another notary issue - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 04-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
Xero
Waste of Space

Xero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really nice
Another notary issue
So, stupid me, I bought a bike on a Sunday. We both signed the title and I drove the 2 hours back home. Of course, the title still needs to be notarized. I have called this asshole over and over, but the seller will not respond.

My question is: does anyone have any suggestions to get this title transferred? I have offered to meet this guy at a local bank or even at the BMV. So, the buyer getting the title notarized is not going to happen.

Any help would be........helpful.
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
Xero
Waste of Space

Xero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really niceXero is just really nice
An update fro those who still visit here. The guy also filled out the title incorrectly and put a line through the incorrect info, so the title is void even with a notary. So long story short, the seller has completely stopped responding to me. I will be filing a small claims suit against him next week. Fun!
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Hope you have a bill of sale, if not he can really screw you over and claim it was stolen.

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
Xero
Waste of Space

Yeah. I doubt he will. He is not malicious, just ignorant and lazy.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #5
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Why don't you just go to his house? People usually respond better when you intrude on their comfort zone.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
Xero
Waste of Space

I may need to do that. He lives an hour or so away, though.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #7
evil8
Meatcurtains

evil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to all
This guy is a fooking liar. Originally stated 2 hour drive, now it's an hour or so. What is it?
evil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:41 AM   #8
Xero
Waste of Space

I drive faster now. lol
Old 04-28-2014, 07:41 AM   #9
Xero
Waste of Space

I am filing in small claims court, today.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #10
quadturbopower

quadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nice
What did small claims court say?
Old 04-29-2014, 08:44 AM   #11
Xero
Waste of Space

I filed. They send him a summons. If he fails to show up, I win. Either way, I win. :)
Old 04-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #12
quadturbopower

quadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nicequadturbopower is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
I filed. They send him a summons. If he fails to show up, I win. Either way, I win. :)
If you win, what do you really win? A new title in your name, or the money you spent back?
quadturbopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #13
Xero
Waste of Space

Money. You can only file for monetary damages.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #14
Xero
Waste of Space

Update: It's funny that the day he gets the summons, he suddenly wants to get this fixed. He wants to meet up Thursday. More updates to come!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 03:40 AM   #15
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
You have time to go to court?
Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #16
Xero
Waste of Space

Sure do. Hopefully, he just shows up today adn I can drop the suit and get riding this weekend.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #17
Xero
Waste of Space

Well, he finally showed up. Title is mine and the bike is titled and registered.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #18
evil8
Meatcurtains

evil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to allevil8 is a name known to all
Sounds like a good deal. Any pics?
Old 05-09-2014, 08:17 AM   #19
Xero
Waste of Space

I already sent you some pics, but to my surprise, my secretary drafted the check for double the selling price. For your trouble, you can keep an extra 20% after you cash the check and send me the remainder. Thanks to you!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #20
evil8
Meatcurtains

Y u have secretary?