In the Evo market - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Mitsubishi Discussion

Old 01-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Wolf13
1,000 posts club

Wolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura about
In the Evo market
I think when the caddy dies I'm picking up an evo. Reason being is the backseat for the kids and the fun factor. I get that with the Jeep but 16mpg to and from work is rough

So I've been doing research but would love to hear some opinions. The newer ones appear to be heavier but with better creature comforts. The 1st gen is faster but still up there in fan Boi price.

Thought about a high mileage one and new buschur engine.

Thoughts?
Wolf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
Evo 8 and 9 have 4g63's. pretty bulletproof engine.
Evo X have 4b11t. Aluminum engine that seems to hold power ok.

8&9 are very raw and performance oriented. X are a little more subdued.

Personally, I don't think I could have daily driven my 8 even in a tamed down version.

Link to the high mileage one.
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
sxShep
Hamster Assassin

sxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sxShep
I'd recommend the Mazdaspeed 3, but I'd be lying if I said I don't occasionally find myself wanting to sell it for an Evo or STI.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
Wolf13
1,000 posts club

Wolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura aboutWolf13 has a spectacular aura about
Like this one. Pick it up and tow it right to buschur. This one wont be around when I'm ready but this is the idea I had in mind. http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/3541220362.html

Why no daily? Overall harshness of the car?

.Mazdaspeed 3, new focus st and potentially dart srt4 but yes, why not an evo??? My thoughts exactly.

Last edited by Wolf13; 01-28-2013 at 01:15 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #5
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
Like this one. Pick it up and tow it right to buschur. This one wont be around when I'm ready but this is the idea I had in mind. http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/3541220362.html

Why no daily? Overall harshness of the car?

.Mazdaspeed 3, new focus st and potentially dart srt4 but yes, why not an evo??? My thoughts exactly.
That's Vic's car. He is a member on here.

whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
That car already sold. Vic posted a pic of it on the trailer on FB.

Yes, the overall harshness of the car is a bit much for DD'ing.

Having had an Evo, WRX and STI, I would recommend the WRX for DD'ing purposes.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
93 red ls
1 Cam 1 Goal

93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough93 red ls is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 93 red ls
If you are interested in new I have 3 evos in stock at kerry mistu in tri county
Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
Carbon01GT
a.k.a. Badmeat

Carbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRice View Post
That car already sold. Vic posted a pic of it on the trailer on FB.

Yes, the overall harshness of the car is a bit much for DD'ing.

Having had an Evo, WRX and STI, I would recommend the WRX for DD'ing purposes.

I DD my 09 wrx. Absolutely zero complaints. I'll be selling it in a month or so...

Going with an sti, you get better brakes, seats, suspension, stronger transmission.....but they cost quite a bit more. Going over 300whp-ish on a 5mt gets into iffy territory. The 6 spd bas been known to hold 600whp (TiC's rayscar, for example). Either would make a good DD. I have 2011 STI suspension on the wrx, as well as an STI rear sway....rides great, and no complaints from my 6 week old daughter

Last edited by Carbon01GT; 01-28-2013 at 10:08 AM..
Carbon01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
Wolf13
1,000 posts club

No Subi. Sister-in-law has a WRX that she thinks is the shit and I want to walk it like it's no bodies business. I have with the Jeep after she opened her mouth and she came back with I don't have to shift and blah blah but wouldn't let her husband drive it in the next race.

Thinking ix MR with the 6 speed. Maybe just intake, exhaust (let it breath), prob an intercooler upgrade and tune and then leave it alone. So something not too hacked up which is my worry. There was a few nice options on evolutionM.net and even autotrader.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
Carbon01GT
a.k.a. Badmeat

Carbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of lightCarbon01GT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
No Subi. Sister-in-law has a WRX that she thinks is the shit and I want to walk it like it's no bodies business. I have with the Jeep after she opened her mouth and she came back with I don't have to shift and blah blah but wouldn't let her husband drive it in the next race.
Shouldn't she be in the kitchen makin sammiches instead of stracing?

Last edited by Carbon01GT; 01-28-2013 at 10:47 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

Well if you are set on an Evo, avoid the MR like the plague. The 6 speed is glass.

Beyond that, drive an 8/9 and a X to sed which one you like more.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #12
Wolf13
1,000 posts club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon01GT View Post
Shouldn't she be in the kitchen makin sammiches instead of stracing?
She sucks at that as well.

Quote:
Well if you are set on an Evo, avoid the MR like the plague. The 6 speed is glass.

Beyond that, drive an 8/9 and a X to sed which one you like more.
And this is why experience is awesome and questions are a must. No 6 speed. Check.

When the time comes I'll see if I can hire you out as my Evo buying consultant.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #13
Carbon01GT
a.k.a. Badmeat

Quote:
Seems similar to the 5/6 speed in Subarus, but the opposite. 5 spd is glass. What kind of power levels will each hold somewhat reliably?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

5 speed....1000+whp
6 speed....47whp
Old 01-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #15
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

Drivetrain....
2003 - open diff in t-case
2004 - RS has limited slip diff, the rest are open diff
2005 - ACD with limited slip diff
2006 - ACD with limited slip diff

Engine.....
2003 & 2004 - 4g63 with 9.8 hotside turbo
2005 - 4g63 w/ 10.5 hotside turbo (little more power capability due to larger hotside)
2006 - 4g63 w/ 10.5 and MIVEC

Evo packages....
RS - basic track package - no power windows, door locks, radio, sound dampening, with or without wing
GSR - standard power stuff, can get all the SSL stuff individually on this package
SSL - sight, sound & leather package - HID's, upgraded Infinity sound system (TERRIBLE....had in my car), leather seats
MR - 6 speed, different wheels and suspension.
I could be wrong on this stuff, but that's what I kind of remember.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #16
Carbon01GT
a.k.a. Badmeat

Quote:
5 speed....1000+whp
6 speed....47whp
Old 01-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #17
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Tell Boggs that Andy H told him to get fucked. What do you do there?

Quote:
If you are interested in new I have 3 evos in stock at kerry mistu in tri county
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #18
srt21
I FASTR

srt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nicesrt21 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to srt21
Quote:
5 speed....1000+whp
6 speed....47whp
Lmao
srt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

I may have exaggerated on the 6 speed power numbers.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #20
Carbon01GT
a.k.a. Badmeat

That's what I figured. Should be good for 63whp, no?