Anybody good with Pioneer head units? iPhone 4 compatibility - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Car Audio & Video

Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jfisher Send a message via MSN to jfisher
Anybody good with Pioneer head units? iPhone 4 compatibility
I have an X930BT in my car and everything has worked perfect on the unit until recently.

My gf tried to plug her regular iPhone 4 in using the supplied cable and we were not able to get sound out of the speakers in the vehicle with her iPhone hooked up. The unit read her phone like an ipod like it normally always had and you can actually see the song and the seconds ticking away on the screen, but no sound plays through the speakers.

I then tried to plug my phone back in using the cable and same problem now with my phone. No sound coming through speakers even though song shows up on screen with CD art and time of song counts down. I tried blue tooth as well and it won't work either. It plays for about a half second then pauses itself. Pandora won't work at all either.

Everything else works. Radio works and sounds find when listening to FM and AM, CD's and DVD's work fine with sound and GPS works fine with sound.

I called Pioneer tech support and they had me go in and check that AV1 had iPod listed and it does. They couldn't help me out past that.

Any ideas? Besides telling the GF to quit focking with my radio?!?!

2013 Cruze Eco 1.4T 6MT
1993 Mustang
2007 Yamaha R1

Last edited by jfisher; 11-06-2012 at 10:48 AM..
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
You should post noodz to punish her
Old 11-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
To ensure seamless operation of Music/iPod and Pandora audio playback through the dock connection cable, we recommend allowing the Bluetooth connection to complete the pairing process BEFORE you connect your phone to the Pioneer iPod cable. This allows the Pioneer DVD Receiver to completely control switching between sources without any additional iPhone settings changes needed by the user.
If you want to switch back and forth between the BT connection and the dock connection, you need to choose the audio source from the Music/iPod screen on the iPhone.
Nati is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
jfisher

jfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of lightjfisher is a glorious beacon of light
I'll give that a shot as I typically plug my phone in immediately. I'm going to try and delete my phone's pairing and try to re-pair.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
And this is why nearly ever aftermarket headunit made after 1996 blows balls.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
Try to hit the reset button on the radio....should be on the front someplace.

Then give it a shot....I remember us having the same problem with one of those, but
Old 11-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
jfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampypants View Post
Try to hit the reset button on the radio....should be on the front someplace.

Then give it a shot....I remember us having the same problem with one of those, but
I don't think there is a reset button. I'll check when I get off of work, but I don't remember seeing anything like that. Is it a button or in the settings? I know I've seen an option where I can reset all the settings of the radio back to stock, but that doesn't make sense why it would just start randomly not working after another phone is plugged in.

Also, I'll be checking what firmware is on the unit tonight. My iPhone is running on iOS 6.0.1

Here's a link to a pic of the unit: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...on/AVIC-X930BT

Last edited by jfisher; 11-06-2012 at 01:30 PM..
Old 11-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher View Post
I don't think there is a reset button. I'll check when I get off of work, but I don't remember seeing anything like that. Is it a button or in the settings? I know I've seen an option where I can reset all the settings of the radio back to stock, but that doesn't make sense why it would just start randomly not working after another phone is plugged in.

Also, I'll be checking what firmware is on the unit tonight. My iPhone is running on iOS 6.0.1

Here's a link to a pic of the unit: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...on/AVIC-X930BT
I am not crazy familiar with those units, we dont do a ton of pioneer stuff honestly.
If there is one it is tiny like pin hole size most of the time i use a paper clip to reset it...so a pretty small size.

There can be problems with the new software....Jeff Wilson has that problem with his in his Rossion
Ampypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampypants View Post
I am not crazy familiar with those units, we dont do a ton of pioneer stuff honestly.
If there is one it is tiny like pin hole size most of the time i use a paper clip to reset it...so a pretty small size.

There can be problems with the new software....Jeff Wilson has that problem with his in his Rossion bitches
You forgot the bitches part.

Rossion bitches.

coolnick is offline   Reply With Quote