Mazda MS3 "Warrany work" - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Mazda Discussions

Old 08-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #21
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
changing manual trans fluid every 15k miles would be retarded.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #22
sonicblu
run n tell that

sonicblu will become famous soon enoughsonicblu will become famous soon enoughsonicblu will become famous soon enoughsonicblu will become famous soon enough
Thats ridiculous. Is 400 dollars worth free oil changes to you? haha

92' Calypso Hatch
2 POS Integra's in the Junkyard
sonicblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:20 AM   #23
Mista Bone
Mistake Boner

Mista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to allMista Bone is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout View Post
Interval in my CX manual says 90k miles. I feel like that quote is kinda like the 3000 mile oil change rule. Every Honda i've owned has said the oil change interval was almost double what I usually do, like 8000 miles or some crazy shit! Everyone goes by the 3000 rule tho.
Look under severe duty for the change intervals. Mine you I drive A LOT more than most on here in my old shitty Honda's.

I use Mobil 5000 engine oil, change it at 7.5k miles, check the level every Monday. When I just drove 30 miles a day to work and back I would change it at 5000 miles, more severe service.

Tranny fluid (autotragic) I change every other oil change or 15k miles per owners manual. I do city and highway driving...over 40k miles a year! I don't use Honda ATF either. Instead I use Castrol AF for Imports, now $5 a quart, I need 3 quarts every 15k miles. Again some think it is overkill, But Honda AT's do not have a serviceable filter and therefore the debris is held in suspension by the fluid. You are only changing about 1/3 of the fluid at each service anyways.

I won't use or recommend Honda MTF in a Civic tranny before 2001. Cheap 10w30 works the best. Supertech from Wally World is made by Mobil for them. Current MTF is pisswater thin, too thin IMHO, then again if you doubt, 88-2000 SOHC's are my realm. The two other major builders also agree, Bense and Aquafina.

30k manual fluid tranny fluid if you drive like soccer mom, if you beat on it go 15k.

The old saying back when oil was nowhere as good as it is now....

"You can pay a little now.....or a lot later!"

With 30k service on MT's few bother to check fluid level when doing motor oil changes. A "minor" leak over 30k miles will kill the ISB, or input shaft bearing. I've done hundreds of these, all mostly due to non service or low fluid levels.

You can see here the failed ISB and low fluid level. When the ISB starts to overheat from of oil/cooling, it gets nasty inside.

Yes, my knowledge is limited to 88-2000 D's and 50+ B trannys, but I've been doing this for over a decade....thanks to John Murphy :)

Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2010, 05:03 AM   #24
BES_Stroked_Nova
LSx>you

BES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really nice
do the proper serviced as per the owners manual. Whenever you buy something over the counter, keep the receipt for it with your records if they try to say anything about it not being done.

I know on the GF's 04 Mazda 3 4 door 2.3 auto. It reccomended a spark plug change at 75k. her car rolled 75k and she said something to me about it. Well before I could get around to it on my day off, the car started running like shit and missing out and it didnt even get half way to 76k miles. I replaced them and it ran perfect again. Do what the mazda owners manual says.... and she was late(cause I didnt know her then) but the car missed its first 2 trans flushes. now before it could reach the 3rd(every 30k miles) its sitting in the driveway with a shit trans. fucking mazda's.... We are getting her a Civic Si 4 Door in the spring.

So waffle's, you need some GOOD trans fluid for that speed3? let me know.
Camaro v6 Race Car
Sadturd gear banging daily family beater
BES_Stroked_Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #25
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
waffles, i told you they would screw ya. only a matter of time!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #26
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
Charlie, I probably will because at this point ill probably just pay a friend to change the fluid. Any idea how often the trans fluid should be changed? I can't find a single thing in the owners manual.

And Dan, I know. Shit is whack. I ended up telling them to shove it and I'm just getting my free oil change.
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #27
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
As Brent eluded to, a MANUFACTURERs warranty, is not a DEALERs warranty. They will add in all kinds of things, and tell you its needed for 'warranty'. Read the actual mfg warranty, and know what is required.

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #28
BES_Stroked_Nova
LSx>you

BES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoofersnet View Post
Charlie, I probably will because at this point ill probably just pay a friend to change the fluid. Any idea how often the trans fluid should be changed? I can't find a single thing in the owners manual.

And Dan, I know. Shit is whack. I ended up telling them to shove it and I'm just getting my free oil change.
I'd think a good first manual trans fluid change is well due by 30k. 90% of the wear in(break in) is done by now. Get all that metal out of there. after that maybe not so often.

here is what it calls for https://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?code=MTGQT-EA you can see the retail prices that most charge. I can save you some off retail.
BES_Stroked_Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #29
Larimer
CSSmakesyoudumb

Larimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the roughLarimer is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Larimer
I sold mine over a year ago, unfortunately. Don't let them do that garbage though. The manual should have all that stuff and the schedule for it. If you can't find it, then you probably can't read. Maybe just the trans. fluid isn't listed in the maintenance schedule?

And I know it uses Mazda's long life coolant that's supposed to last 5 years or so, so you're fine there. I don't remember them (King's) ever trying to do that stuff to me though, except mention something at 15k miles where I told them to stuff it. Only had the car for 18k though. I swapped the trans fluid in the car at around 1-2k miles with some Redline stuff to make shifting not so shitty. It's really easy if you want to DIY.
Larimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #30
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Some high end transmissions, like RSX 6 speeds for instance, have a shorter trans fluid interval and I bet this MS6 has something like 60k miles. Sounds like they are trying to hose you on some shit tho cause 30k is nothing. My Civic beater tho.. according to the manual, 90k miles between tranny fluid changes, lol.
Yeah pretty much, 70k. Ill never buy another Mazda. Just my opinion tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincySVT View Post
We need to talk to push, but always down for hooters. Nobody can be mad with wings, beer, and titties in their face
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #31
Dr. Drei
CSS newbie

Dr. Drei will become famous soon enoughDr. Drei will become famous soon enoughDr. Drei will become famous soon enoughDr. Drei will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Interval in my CX manual says 90k miles. I feel like that quote is kinda like the 3000 mile oil change rule. Every Honda i've owned has said the oil change interval was almost double what I usually do, like 8000 miles or some crazy shit! Everyone goes by the 3000 rule tho.
BMW only recommends oil changes every 15K miles, and don't even get me started on transmission fluid changes, they say it's good for the life of the car. Did I also mention that they found a cure for cancer?

'06 BMW 325i|Monaco Blue|Beige|Sport|Premium|ZCW|PDC|19x9.5/10.5 Varrstoen LMs|OEM Blacklines|LUX 5.1 Angels|ECS kidneys|Gunsmoke Ambergones|JLevi LED sidemarkers|MTEC|30% Llumar ATX|Muffler delete|Rear fogs|Corner delete/windows up coding|Debadged
Dr. Drei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #32
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
And all of your routine maintenance is paid for in the first 50k miles... blah blah blah..
leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #33
Mike
Fat Ricer Admin

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drei View Post
BMW only recommends oil changes every 15K miles, and don't even get me started on transmission fluid changes, they say it's good for the life of the car. Did I also mention that they found a cure for cancer?
Well, typically BMW's don't last that long, so...

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #34
Dr. Drei
CSS newbie

Dr. Drei will become famous soon enoughDr. Drei will become famous soon enoughDr. Drei will become famous soon enoughDr. Drei will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Well, typically BMW's don't last that long, so...
lol, exactly, lifetime for most owners is probably <120K miles
Dr. Drei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:34 AM   #35
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
Tranny fluid: Every 30k for Honda under normal service, every 15k under severe service, Automatic or Manual.
just checked the owners manual for my 6spd RSX-S. under normal conditions, it says to change the trans fluid every 120k miles. under severe conditions, every 60k..

and something i didn't know... it says 10k for oil changes, and 20k for oil filter changes. Kinda makes me feel a little better about waiting so long between changes.
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote