Need some paint work - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Paint & Body

Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #1
GRNxS14
240s are gay.

GRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to GRNxS14
Need some paint work
Im looking to have the engine bay of my s14 painted within the next couple weeks. Just gloss black. Does anyone have any recomendations for a shop or somebody close to the colerain area? The bay is completely stripped and I have access to a trailer to transport it. Ive only talked to one shop that recently did some repair work on a friends car and and the guy acted like he was completely confused as to why anyone would ever want to paint an engine bay. So I decided at that point id rather find someone less retarded.
GRNxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
3gEclipseRS
Hemi Baby

3gEclipseRS is on a distinguished road
You try going up to Engels right there by Colerain elementary? They've painted a few things of mine and always turns out good, and not bad price in my opinion.
99 Suzuki GSXR 600= Sold
05 Kawasaki ZX6R= 11.9@121mph quarter mile, best so far...
3gEclipseRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
i have a garage, and i know a guy who does paint work. ill see if maybe he would be willing to tackle this.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:19 AM   #4
GRNxS14
240s are gay.

GRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the roughGRNxS14 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gEclipseRS View Post
You try going up to Engels right there by Colerain elementary? They've painted a few things of mine and always turns out good, and not bad price in my opinion.
Yeah they're the ones I had paint my front bumper. They quoted me $100 to just spray the color on, and $200 to sand, primer, and paint it. I decided to pay the extra to have them do the prep work, and I now have a couple chips in the paint with bright glossy red paint underneath. No sanding, no primer. I doubt they even cleaned it off first. Needless to say Ill never do business with them again.

But Brent lmk what you find out
Old 05-07-2010, 03:33 AM   #5
9cobra4
Some say...

9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all
My dad would do this retarded cheap, too bad he's so busy right now he doesn't have time:(
9cobra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Jesse
Hmmm... I did mine and it turned out great. I have a quart of gloss black single stage in my garage. I just don't know how well I would trust myself to do work on someone elses car. If Brent's option doesn't work out well lmk.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #7
ForceFed
Fu(k (ivility

ForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to ForceFed
How "nice" do you want it.

Is this a drift build, a DD , or a Show car.

I do some paint work but I am in Dayton.
Depending on what you want, how well its prepped, and what work needs done prior to laying the color would depend on what it costs you.

Is the car going gloss black?
If not, why not do a Matte black in the engine bay? A lot of OEM cars are color only, no clear in te engine bays.

Just a thought.
ForceFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #8
GRNxS14
240s are gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFed View Post
How "nice" do you want it.

Is this a drift build, a DD , or a Show car.

I do some paint work but I am in Dayton.
Depending on what you want, how well its prepped, and what work needs done prior to laying the color would depend on what it costs you.

Is the car going gloss black?
If not, why not do a Matte black in the engine bay? A lot of OEM cars are color only, no clear in te engine bays.

Just a thought.
Well.. id be going for more show car quality I guess but its not exactly a show car hah. And yeah gloss black is what I want ive already put the thought into that. Thanks for the offer but id rather not have to take it all the way out to Dayton just for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Hmmm... I did mine and it turned out great. I have a quart of gloss black single stage in my garage. I just don't know how well I would trust myself to do work on someone elses car. If Brent's option doesn't work out well lmk.
Yeah I'll let you know. I need to get this done hah. It will only need the paint. The cleaning/sanding will already be taken care of, and all the masking will be taken care of. I have a garage with room to do it in if its just going to be done out of someones garage anyways.

Last edited by GRNxS14; 02-10-2011 at 03:42 AM..
Old 02-10-2011, 03:44 AM   #9
GRNxS14
240s are gay.

Bump this!!! Still need the engine bay painted. Would like to have it at a shop early next week. Any recommendations?

..........fml
Old 02-10-2011, 04:18 AM   #10
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
Dude its a 240 just spray paint it lol

whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:50 AM   #11
ForceFed
Fu(k (ivility

ForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the roughForceFed is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to ForceFed
If you got air and a Nice clean Garage we can spray it right there......LMK.
ForceFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #12
GRNxS14
240s are gay.

lol if I was planning on drifting the car into a wall like the typical broke dick ricer 240 owner I would just spray paint it.

And I have a garage, but no air. Id rather just drop it off at a shop for a few days and pay someone else to do it all honestly.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #13
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
Take it to macco and get the whole car painted
Old 02-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #14
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
Let me know what you end up doing and how well they do. I need mine painted as well but the motor is still in it.
leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #15
Jesse
Slow race car

Jesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to beholdJesse is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Jesse
Post a picture of your engine bay, so fools know what they're dealing with. Our garage is still packed but if it came down to it I might be able to work you in.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #16
RubinMSP3
Next mod please

RubinMSP3 will become famous soon enoughRubinMSP3 will become famous soon enoughRubinMSP3 will become famous soon enoughRubinMSP3 will become famous soon enough
Yes what a good/legit body shop/paint?

RubinMSP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #17
OddBallRacing
CSS newbie

OddBallRacing is on a distinguished road
bump for more info
How was this resolved? Work has been so busy, my project is pratically at a stand-still. I'm considering a complete paint job (some bodywork involved) and with the motor out the engine bay could be included as well.

I'd love to paint it the same green as my buddys 94 Mr2 for the troll-factor ;-)

Thoughts?

OddBallRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #18
jeph_tsi
CSS newbie

jeph_tsi is on a distinguished roadjeph_tsi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBallRacing View Post
How was this resolved? Work has been so busy, my project is pratically at a stand-still. I'm considering a complete paint job (some bodywork involved) and with the motor out the engine bay could be included as well.

I'd love to paint it the same green as my buddys 94 Mr2 for the troll-factor ;-)

Thoughts?

I do paint/body if interested. I have a clean booth and use professional tools and materials. there is another thread on here with maaco in the title where I posted pics of an mr2 i just painted not too long ago as an example of a cheaper job I can do, or we can go further with it for more $$. I like the subaru, I think I'm gonna be doing a 22b kit on a similar car sometime in the near future.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #19
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
If you felt like coming to KY, littletons in walton. Amazing work, and the owner is top notch funny as hell. Will talk your head off about cars and paint. Great prices/work!

Justin, i suggest going there for your car too. Its right off 16 and 25.