Help getting this shit reinstalled...(e30) - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Interior & Exterior Mods

Old 05-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Help getting this shit reinstalled...(e30)
Ok so I took all of the chrome trim off the e30 to get painted. Most of it goes back on pretty easy, but the trim that goes around the rear window has got me 100% stumped. From the forums, I read you have to take the weatherstrip out, window out, then install the trim and all of that together. Did that but could get it back in. It would only go back in with the the rubber and glass, no trim. I used soap and water and wd40 for lubrication on the windows, but still no luck. Went to 2 body shops, they wont do it (probably because it would only take them an hour so they wouldn't make money on it). Does anyone have experience, tips, or wanna help get these fuckers on?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/tech/windo...windowtrim.htm
cincySVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

cincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of lightcincySVT is a glorious beacon of light
Ok guess not Im trying again tonight. Does anyone have a body guy that will touch these type of panels?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
CASANOVA
Just the Tip...

CASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to allCASANOVA is a name known to all
Get on ohiobimmers.com, those dudes are super helpful!

I'm off the next three days and I wouldn't mind giving you a hand but I'm not all that good when it comes to fixing stuff...I usually break shit and pay ppl to fix it.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
I know some people that would do it but if its a big of a pina as you say it is they are going to charge accordingly.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

Not hard I'm sure for a body guy, but I'm stumped on how to get the damn glass in with the panel on. Precision body said it would take them an hour but they booked for three weeks. I'm kinda impatient
Old 05-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
have you tried places likes ryans or any other auto glass place?
Nati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
cincySVT
Damn Krauts

Never thought of that.