need advice cranks and no start - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Mitsubishi Discussion

Old 04-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Metalheadinky
CSS newbie

Metalheadinky is on a distinguished road
need advice cranks and no start
Im working on a 2003 mitsubishi outlander suv with a 4 clyinder. That keeps throwing a po335 crankshaft postion sensor A circuit malfunction. Ive replaced the crankshaft sensor. Is there a relearn procedure for them cause it still cranks and wont start. Im also not getting spark either. What the hell. Has anyone seems problems with these cars that might be able to help me out. I dont have any documents that can help me which is why Im posting this. Thanks guys. Bruce

Last edited by Metalheadinky; 04-22-2010 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: added more
Metalheadinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Camshaft positioning sensor.

EDIT: Perhaps I'll elaborate on this. Your crankshaft positioning sensor and camshaft positioning sensor communicate with each other to make sure the engine's components are in sync with one another. If one is not working properly, the other can pick up screwy readings, and throw a code (which appears to be what has happened here). Additionally, your camshaft positioning sensor controls the ignition timing of your car, which explains the no spark issue. I hardly ever see crank sensor issues on these, but cam sensors are pretty common on them. Replace the cam sensor, and if that still doesn't fix the issue, bring it up to Kerry Mitsubishi and I can take a closer look at it.

Hope this helps.

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum

Last edited by apocalypse; 04-22-2010 at 05:02 PM..
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light
Yup ^^

Old 04-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #4
Metalheadinky
CSS newbie

Are those expensive? The CMP sensors? Where are they even located on one of these suv's? Thanks guys for the help. Bruce
Old 04-23-2010, 07:49 AM   #5
t2fastalon
2,000 posts club

t2fastalon has a spectacular aura aboutt2fastalon has a spectacular aura aboutt2fastalon has a spectacular aura aboutt2fastalon has a spectacular aura aboutt2fastalon has a spectacular aura aboutt2fastalon has a spectacular aura aboutt2fastalon has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to t2fastalon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-tCIRJH9p0
Old 04-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
Metalheadinky
CSS newbie

I just checked this morning and Im also not getting injector pulse width. stupid cars
Old 04-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #7
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

Kisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of lightKisor is a glorious beacon of light

Back of the head.

Well that is a pic for an Eclipse... I'm too lazy to put the other one up but it's in the same spot. One 10mm bolt and a plug then pull it out.

Last edited by Kisor; 04-23-2010 at 09:40 AM..
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #8
Metalheadinky
CSS newbie

Thanks guys
Old 04-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
Metalheadinky
CSS newbie

well shit. I put the cmp sensor on and still nothing. what a piece of shit.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
There aren't any other codes being thrown? Could be a wiring short somewhere.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #11
Metalheadinky
CSS newbie

no other codes. shit balls this car sucks
Old 04-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #12
Kisor
I gots a Datsun

This thing is a Mitsu, if i remember right they have a ASDL relay on them. It acts as the main relay for the ignition, injectors 12v sensors etc.... not positive your's is the same but I have seen them go bad on several models.

Look in the fuse/relay center or possibly on the firewall and see if any of the relays are listed as ASDL relay. You can attemp to swap it with another one of the same style.
Kisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #13
Appauldd
400 HP & 400 Tq

Appauldd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Appauldd
Check the fuses under the dash. This is common in many mitsus.
Appauldd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #14
tndrifter84
CSS newbie

tndrifter84 is on a distinguished road
IM NOT A MITSU TECH. i have heard that the security system on some vehicals control spark and fuel but with the crank code i would say your on the right track. and along with what apocalypse said the two sensors communicate together with the ecu and if the ecu is not getting the right signal it will not send power to the injectors to pulse. and again not a mitsu tech but could be a split wire grounding out.
tndrifter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #15
240Jeff
Riff raff

240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all240Jeff is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to 240Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by tndrifter84 View Post
IM NOT A MITSU TECH. i have heard that the security system on some vehicals control spark and fuel but with the crank code i would say your on the right track. and along with what apocalypse said the two sensors communicate together with the ecu and if the ecu is not getting the right signal it will not send power to the injectors to pulse. and again not a mitsu tech but could be a split wire grounding out.
Apocalypse IS a Mitsubishi tech..
Old 04-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #16
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisor View Post
This thing is a Mitsu, if i remember right they have a ASDL relay on them. It acts as the main relay for the ignition, injectors 12v sensors etc.... not positive your's is the same but I have seen them go bad on several models.

Look in the fuse/relay center or possibly on the firewall and see if any of the relays are listed as ASDL relay. You can attemp to swap it with another one of the same style.
I'm not entirely sure Mitsubishi uses these still. If I get some free time tomorrow I'll check on it. Could be this, and this could also explain a short or open circuit somewhere. The ASD relay is closed with a crank signal, so who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tndrifter84 View Post
It's very unlikely for the immobilizer to just "lose" the key program, so I highly doubt it's an issue with the security/ETACS.

Basically what it comes down to is, if the crank and cam sensors are both good, the ASD relay (if equipped) is good, then it's probably a wiring issue.

Last edited by apocalypse; 04-26-2010 at 11:07 PM..
Old 04-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #17
tndrifter84
CSS newbie

tndrifter84 is on a distinguished road
"It's very unlikely for the immobilizer to just "lose" the key program, so I highly doubt it's an issue with the security/ETACS."

i have seen nissans do this quite afew times
tndrifter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:03 AM   #18
Metalheadinky
CSS newbie

thanks guys but i got sick of looking at it and sent it out