ts|s stage 2+ on a Porsche Cayman - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > General Car Chat

Old 04-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
third_shift|studios
;)

third_shift|studios will become famous soon enoughthird_shift|studios will become famous soon enoughthird_shift|studios will become famous soon enoughthird_shift|studios will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to third_shift|studios
ts|s stage 2+ on a Porsche Cayman
2006 Porsche Cayman with 8700 miles on her. The owner had it washed on a weekly basis by another company and it was just poorly maintained. Lots of swirls all over the place and the clear bra was actually starting to lift in some places b/c of how aggressive it was scrubbed. I didn't have a lot of time to take before/afters b/c it required a lot of attention for a little car.

Process:
Two step wash + clay bar
Washed/claybarred the rims, degreased/washed under the fenders
Taped off all the clear bras (front, fenders, quarters, wing-lots of places)
Two step compound/polish with Adams products to a mirror finish
Waxed with Pinnacle Pure carnuba white paste wax (smells like bananas and costs about $90 a jar)
Hand polished the clear bras with Chemical Guys ClearSeal

Custom Car Emblems
from third_shift|studios
Cincinnati Car Detailing from ts|s detailing
jaison tortorea

third_shift|studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
How the fuck does a car with 8700 miles even get that bad. The the other company wash it with a straw broom?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
Biturbowagon
Nazi Sled

Biturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to beholdBiturbowagon is a splendid one to behold
that is ridiculous. nice work.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
IRONBULL
family guy

IRONBULL will become famous soon enoughIRONBULL will become famous soon enoughIRONBULL will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to IRONBULL
I am so caught up over LSx motors, (ls-stage-2+ thread title) .
Awesome detail job, owner/business must give two fucks about it.

Last edited by IRONBULL; 04-19-2010 at 11:29 AM..
IRONBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
08 Vette
1,000 posts club

08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about08 Vette has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
How the fuck does a car with 8700 miles even get that bad. The the other company wash it with a straw broom?
LOL That was funny!
08 Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
Quote:

SERIOUSLY! i mean, one wash every 10k miles is a good schedule to follow for me
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
third_shift|studios
;)

third_shift|studios will become famous soon enoughthird_shift|studios will become famous soon enoughthird_shift|studios will become famous soon enoughthird_shift|studios will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONBULL View Post
I am so caught up over LSx motors, (ls-stage-2+ thread title) .
Awesome detail job, owner/business must give two fucks about it.
LOL, I come from the LSX world and use "stages" to appeal to the performance community. Porsche Paint is very soft-so improper washing (and drying) will mar and swirl it even after a few weeks. I actually convinced him to let me peform a bi-weekly maintenance wash on it so it will be properly cared for. So he does care about he car enough to turn it over to a pro instead of some tunnel-wash hacks.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Not to intrude on your thread, but I asked about the straw broom because this is how I picked up my RX-7. I've always said the guy must have washed it with a straw broom. They must have had the same "detailer".

Before:

After (a lot of work with a PC DA and lots of Meguiars products):
Kevin Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
wow, you worked on it, until the roof turned into a hood, that is crazy.

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #10
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

The whole car was like that, lol. I didn't have a pic of the same body pannel, but you get hte idea.

STRAW BROOM
Kevin Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #11
third_shift|studios
;)

Quote:
Not to intrude on your thread, but I asked about the straw broom because this is how I picked up my RX-7. I've always said the guy must have washed it with a straw broom. They must have had the same "detailer".

Before:

After (a lot of work with a PC DA and lots of Meguiars products):
very impressive!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #12
jdubya
MPG What?

jdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to beholdjdubya is a splendid one to behold
Kevin, can you come wax my car until it turns into a ZR-1? Kthxbye.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
IRONBULL
family guy

IRONBULL will become famous soon enoughIRONBULL will become famous soon enoughIRONBULL will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to IRONBULL
Quote:
The whole car was like that, lol. I didn't have a pic of the same body pannel, but you get hte idea.

STRAW BROOM
IRONBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #14
RubinMSP3
Next mod please

RubinMSP3 will become famous soon enoughRubinMSP3 will become famous soon enoughRubinMSP3 will become famous soon enoughRubinMSP3 will become famous soon enough
So what is this process you used with meguiars i have some swirling going on

Last edited by RubinMSP3; 04-19-2010 at 07:16 PM..
RubinMSP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #15
Sean
Wife's Car

Sean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sean
I wish I had time to hit you up for my z while I'm home my paint is covered in sap that I can't get off
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #16
Blue99fbody
zip em up!

Blue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Blue99fbody
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedH22 View Post
wow, you worked on it, until the roof turned into a hood, that is crazy.

98 SS m6
99 Z28 nbm m6
09 Trailblazer SS
11 silverado ccsb 6.2
03 ZX-6R 636
01 ktm 300exc
32' baja twin 454s
www.dolce-vita-photography.com
Blue99fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #17
SPDDMNVR4
CSS regular

SPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the roughSPDDMNVR4 is a jewel in the rough
The pictures look like they were taken in the parking garage of the condo project I worked on last summer. and i remember seeing a black cayman. Is this car by any chance located in Covington? If so i talked to the owner back in August.

Back to the topic.. It looks really good! I think I am going to have you do a simply wash and wax to my car to see if I can get some of the gloss back. I was going to have the Spring package done, but Idk if you will still be running that special in Mid May.

Anyways GREAT JOB!
@ 14 psi: 12.9 @ 109 New clutch & 14 psi: 12.74 @ 113
SPDDMNVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote