Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Car Audio & Video

Old 06-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
boosted95
Boostin

boosted95 is on a distinguished roadboosted95 is on a distinguished road
Audio guys (please help)
I am fixing up my boat and I've been out of the audio game too long so i need some help.

What amp should i run? two amps or a one 5 channel ?

total speakers

6x6.5's four of them are on a tower
4x6x9's
1x 12" Kicker L7
boosted95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
This boat the size of a barge? Why do you need so many speakers? More is not always better, none the less the answer depends on more info than what you have provided.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
leetfade
Back in it

leetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really niceleetfade is just really nice
Are you trying to get a more full sound? Plan on making the 6.5s more mid-range and have any intent on tweeters?

If you're going with just what you have set up I would guess you're going full range on the 6.5s and 6x9s?

I would separate the sub amp from the rest.

Have to agree with Nati, though.. that's a lot of speakers unless you have a pretty large boat and are running on two different levels of the boat.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
boosted95
Boostin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati View Post
This boat the size of a barge? Why do you need so many speakers? More is not always better, none the less the answer depends on more info than what you have provided.
Well its going to be a wakeboarding boat. the tower comes with four 6.5 speakers. I was told i should run some 6x9's for more mid sound. I'm trying to figure out what how many speakers and what amps to run. I originally wanted just a 10inch sub but i can get a deal on a 12inch l7
Old 06-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Sounds like a ski boat with the 6 6.5s up on the bar so the people on skis can hear the jams and the 4 6x9s for the bros in the boat. You are bro-ing out of control bro.

You bro ninjaed me bro.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
boosted95
Boostin

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnick View Post
Sounds like a ski boat with the 6 6.5s up on the bar so the people on skis can hear the jams and the 4 6x9s for the bros in the boat. You are bro-ing out of control bro.

You bro ninjaed me bro.
im brorific but on the serious side. what kind of setup would you guys run? mids? highs? tweeters? ect
Old 06-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #7
Nati
Baller

Nati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to allNati is a name known to all
There are plenty better options then 6x9's IMHO.
Nati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
boosted95
Boostin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati View Post
There are plenty better options then 6x9's IMHO.
like? I'm looking to buy all this stuff in the next 2 weeks.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
Ampypants
Man whore club

Ampypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to allAmpypants is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ampypants
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted95 View Post
like? I'm looking to buy all this stuff in the next 2 weeks.
Come see me at Spade and let us do a system for you!

You are doing it all wrong!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #10
coolnick
is a ricer

coolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud ofcoolnick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampypants View Post
I would have to agree. Don't just wing it, you will spend more and end up with less.

coolnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
"Your boat's audio system really makes my pussy wet" - said no boat skank ever

whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #12
boosted95
Boostin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampypants View Post
Come see me at Spade and let us do a system for you!

You have some nice work, But i'm trying to ball on a budget.lol Prob cost more then what my old boat is worth to have someone else install it.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
boosted95
Boostin

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnick View Post
I would have to agree. Don't just wing it, you will spend more and end up with less.
That's why i am on here asking what would you guys do.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #15
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
who cares if the boat bitch likes the sound system. she'll be happy she's even on a boat and should be in the galley anyway. lol

good luck with your set-up mang. it's fun installing sound IMO
Old 06-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #16
Pioneer~Saturn
Dr. Enclosure

Pioneer~Saturn has a spectacular aura aboutPioneer~Saturn has a spectacular aura aboutPioneer~Saturn has a spectacular aura aboutPioneer~Saturn has a spectacular aura aboutPioneer~Saturn has a spectacular aura aboutPioneer~Saturn has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pioneer~Saturn
Id ditch the 6x9's altogether. If youre looking for loud highs id look into some quality super tweeters...not the biggest fan of super tweeters in the car audio world, personally, but on a boat where you're wanting to hear the music out on the end of a tow-line then they'd get the job done off of little power.

As for the rest I'd probably try a down-firing woofer (and if you're going ported, port firing down aswell) so that it can load off of something. Unless you get multiple woofers and a good amount of power for them, though, I wouldn't expect to be blown away by bass on a boat being that you're out on the water and it'll disperse quickly.

For the mids, though, you'll probably want to focus on the most for most music listening. Being out in an open environment makes it pretty hard to have a strong midrange output (just like with the subs, im mostly talking midbass here). Id definitely look into fairly beefy mids that will give you good output and can take some power (and give it to them).

I've always wanted a boat. Hopefully one day I'll have one and do an install on it.

There are those who are 'into' audio and there are those who are slaves to it.

I designz and makez da cuztom submoofa boxzis

"Louder than your Saturn on music or your money back!"

Last edited by Pioneer~Saturn; 06-21-2012 at 06:49 PM..
Pioneer~Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #17
coolnick
is a ricer

FYI, before you go getting all crazy with your 6.23865 megawatt amps and whatnot, boats do not have alternators.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #18
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

shdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of lightshdw on th sun is a glorious beacon of light
Mine's got a charging system, skipper
shdw on th sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
coolnick
is a ricer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdw on th sun View Post
Mine's got a charging system, skipper
Man boats don't.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #20
shdw on th sun
sarcasshole

lol no one knows what you're talking about

OP, I'd take the advise of Jeff and the saturn bass ricer. They know their shit
shdw on th sun is offline   Reply With Quote