LSX build up - Page 5 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Tech > Domestic Tech

Old 04-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #81
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
My speedo goes to 180, I doubt I've ever even looked at the speedo after 120.
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #82
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JuicedH22
yea... because you spend so much of your time driving over 115mph...

I am the 53%
JuicedH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #83
shiftdrift
Banned

shiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these partsshiftdrift is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedH22 View Post
yea... because you spend so much of your time driving over 115mph...
Roll racing

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #84
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
if im full throttle i dont look down at gauges anyway.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #85
JuicedH22
Best I know of

JuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant futureJuicedH22 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
Roll racing

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
you're an idiot. GTFO.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #86
fallout
Lurks Mostly

fallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of lightfallout is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to fallout
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9cobra4 View Post
...but that would annoy the fuck outta me if my speedo was only useful for around 10 seconds.
But for those 10 seconds or less, he's free.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #87
BTM

BTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to beholdBTM is a splendid one to behold
LOL!

anywho, just as an update, im talking to this guy about getting an ls1 dropout that he used in his 240. $5250, wired for s13 already which saves me like $300, so thats cool. has aftermarket parts, and the engine is from a lower mileage 04 gto. its lookin good.

ill finish up the body work on the car like i had planned, and collect swap parts along the way.
BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #88
bestracing
Someone took my Swingline

bestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura about
Does he have the LS6 valley pan installed on this motor? If not it's a good investment and easy to change out before you put the motor in. Cuts down on oil usage since the PCV will know be located in the valley pan vs. the rocker covers.

Also make sure that the rear coolant cross over isn't pluged. When people swap out the manifold they would plug the back cross over so the manifold will fit. Air can be trapped in the causing hot spots and could lead to detonation in the last two cylinders (7&8). I used a LS6 crossover and mounted it 180* out. This allows any trapped air to escape from the cylinders and into the crossover. Just a little added safety.

1986 Trans Am - just for cruising and having fun
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #89
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to bigwoofersnet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
LOL!

anywho, just as an update, im talking to this guy about getting an ls1 dropout that he used in his 240. $5250, wired for s13 already which saves me like $300, so thats cool. has aftermarket parts, and the engine is from a lower mileage 04 gto. its lookin good.

ill finish up the body work on the car like i had planned, and collect swap parts along the way.
Update? BTLSxM?!
bigwoofersnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #90
BTM

im still waiting for this guy to email me some pictures of this engine dropout, if everything looks good ill be heading to kentucky.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #91
4DooR_SuprA
Fancy Lancer

4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice
Back from Kentucky yet? Pics?
4DooR_SuprA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:11 AM   #92
BTM

tahmarah should be. should have some pics of a pile of parts this week once i get it all sorted out.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #93
faStE-R
i wanna go fast

faStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to all
saw this when i was on zilvia the other day. hopefully yours makes sick power like this one ... seems worth it...

Old 04-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #94
bigwoofersnet
Click.

bigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud ofbigwoofersnet has much to be proud of
Old 04-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #95
JuicedH22
Best I know of

looks about like stock ls1 numbers.... want to compare that to stock (including boost) sr20 numbers?

Then you we can put up some heads/cam only numbers and see what $1k can get you in HP per dollar.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #96
BTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoofersnet View Post
whats a vh45 dyno at?

jon, ill be happy with 350hp. go do your fast car thing.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #97
bigwoofersnet
Click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
whats a vh45 dyno at?

jon, ill be happy with 350hp. go do your fast car thing.
I guess we'll see soon enough...

And don't get your panties in a bunch, I was laughing more at Jon and his hate for all that is LSx than I was at the dyno number.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #98
BTM

no bunching here, just saying. i lol at jon too so were on the same page there.

jon throw me a link to where you found that stuff. like juicy said, thats probably a nearly stock ls1. the engine im getting is not stock, and theres a good chance ill install a cam and maybe have the heads ported while they are off too. i havent decided how involved i want to get right off the bat.

like i said before, im not shooting for king street racer status so i dont need the fastest car on the block. i just want something that is fun to drive and runs well. if i wanted to have a car faster than you i could swap the ls1, and then make the power needed to do just that. thats just not my goal.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #99
faStE-R
i wanna go fast

faStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to allfaStE-R is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedH22 View Post
looks about like stock ls1 numbers.... want to compare that to stock (including boost) sr20 numbers?

Then you we can put up some heads/cam only numbers and see what $1k can get you in HP per dollar.
how can you bring up hp per dollar??? a stock sr swap is like 3k and stock ls1 swap is like 9k. apples to oranges there sweetie.... i but an rb26 on the other hand....

its whatever, i didnt post that to start shit, just though it was of similar interest and sorta funny
faStE-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #100
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
i'd go ahead and throw a cam in before you drop the engine in. if you got everything mentioned in the for sale ad, it should definitely make 400whp+ with a mild cam. and still be fun to drive, and start/run like a stock car.
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote